•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs Belfry
B~E~L~FRY! I can't wait...................the angry red...enough said!
Gotta take Russell by 3. GO DEVILS
Here goes the match up
Rushing--- Russell=3523, Belfry=3764-....advantage Belfry by 241 yards.
Passing--- Russell=1198. Belfry=616-......advantage Russell by 582 yards.
Russell by 341 yards plus.
defense--- Russell=1438 rushing, Belfry 1168 allowed rushing.. advantage Belfry 270
defense--- Russell=769 passing, Belfry 718 allowed passing.. advantage Belfry 51
Belfry by 321 yards negative.
Yardage difference is +20 stinking yards for Russell thats is all... OMG!!!!!
(old stats on the web not counting tonight)

counting tonights game....
scores:
Russell scored= 544... allowed 127.. Russell 417
Belfry scored= 487 allowed 151...Belfry 336.... advantage Russell by 81 points..

Man what a match up...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Here goes the match up
Rushing--- Russell=3523, Belfry=3764-....advantage Belfry by 241 yards.
Passing--- Russell=1198. Belfry=616-......advantage Russell by 582 yards.
Russell by 341 yards plus.
defense--- Russell=1438 rushing, Belfry 1168 allowed rushing.. advantage Belfry 270
defense--- Russell=769 passing, Belfry 718 allowed passing.. advantage Belfry 51
Belfry by 321 yards negative.
Yardage difference is +20 stinking yards for Russell thats is all... OMG!!!!!
(old stats on the web not counting tonight)

counting tonights game....
scores:
Russell scored= 544... allowed 127.. Russell 417
Belfry scored= 487 allowed 151...Belfry 336.... advantage Russell by 81 points..

Man what a match up...

Interesting stats there Devilologist!
But in this game I think it will come down to who wants it more!
one thing you cant measure, weigh, teach or buy......... HEART !!!!!!!!!!
And you are right,, but the stats are so similar that it is scary !!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Like I said early in the season Russell and Belfry matchup in semi-final,I was just lucky there are alot of good teams out there anyone could have made it. Concrats to Belfry, Middlesboro you had a great season...Corbin did also.
RUSSELL 28

BELFRY 22
The devils are on fire, and there not about to stop now, game will be really close, and will come down to the little things, FORCE MORE TURNOVERS,
Russell WILL be ready to play!!!
russell:14
belfry:38
What is Belfry's record at the CAM.
i think sc will come away with it
Russell-16
Belfry-10
This game is going to be what I like to call........"THE WAR Of THE TRENCHES" It's going to come down to the D&O lines and how much they want it and how much heart they have........I'm going to enjoy this game standing on the sidelines....lol
.........................we're already getting pumped for the war...should be wild
These are two teams EXTREMELY evenly matched...
Russelll if you want an idea about this Belfry team... this is my honest opinion.

Not nearly as as athletically talented as the 2004 team, not as much breakaway speed, more team quickness especialy on defense. O-line not as dominant as 2004 team. Better QB play, better balance,less big play potential, equal big drive potential, better defense.

Compared to last year. No speed burner like Maynard (#7 last year).. much improved overall in all aspects except HORRIBLE kick coverage.

This Belfry backfield is different than any backfield we have had in a long time...even though we returned two 1000 yard rushers from last year (May ran for 140+ last year against Russell) it is a completely different unit. Elkins will remind you alot of your QB last year Tommy Brown.. he carries out beautful playfakes, is very composed, and is an accurate passer. May is a mule... Chapman and Elkins absolutely hit the holes like freight trains..all three backs carry out playfakes beautifully.
orisonspi Wrote:These are two teams EXTREMELY evenly matched...
Russelll if you want an idea about this Belfry team... this is my honest opinion.

Not nearly as as athletically talented as the 2004 team, not as much breakaway speed, more team quickness especialy on defense. O-line not as dominant as 2004 team. Better QB play, better balance,less big play potential, equal big drive potential, better defense.

Compared to last year. No speed burner like Maynard (#7 last year).. much improved overall in all aspects except HORRIBLE kick coverage.

This Belfry backfield is different than any backfield we have had in a long time...even though we returned two 1000 yard rushers from last year (May ran for 140+ last year against Russell) it is a completely different unit. Elkins will remind you alot of your QB last year Tommy Brown.. he carries out beautful playfakes, is very composed, and is an accurate passer. May is a mule... Chapman and Elkins absolutely hit the holes like freight trains..all three backs carry out playfakes beautifully.

i can't wait for this game
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Belfry's Defense will capitalize on any mistake you make, Like they did tonight.
You Fumble on Belfry or throw an interception not only will it be a turnover but it might end up being 7 points. Belfry's backfield is so balanced and the play action passing killed Middlesboro. I know Mercer's backfield is great but it's honestly hard to imagine a better backfield all-around then what Belfry has.
What prompted this change of heart?

All season you have been clamoring about Mercer, Western, and Middlesboro (and rightfully so on Mercer as they are a monster) but now all of a sudden a Belfry team who you had doubted gets such high praise?
There is SO much u guys havent seen of Belfry!! And one thing about Russell " Those Big Guys are SLOOOOOW! " More about this in a bit!
JFLDAD Wrote:What is Belfry's record at the CAM.

14-2 all time at CAM...

11 game home winning streak..

Last lost came to Ironton last year, the other was opening night against AAAA Henry Clay (Lexington).. which are 2 outstanding teams who would beat anyone in Kentucky 2A
Rocky Wrote:There is SO much u guys havent seen of Belfry!! And one thing about Russell " Those Big Guys are SLOOOOOW! " More about this in a bit!

I was just wondering have you seen them play?
I gotta go with Belfry. Root for the team closest to home and my rival at the same time. Belfry to state to meet Mercer Co.
Rocky Wrote:There is SO much u guys havent seen of Belfry!! And one thing about Russell " Those Big Guys are SLOOOOOW! " More about this in a bit!
How many 330 lb guys have you seen that weren't slow?
Go devils!!
I'm going with the Pirates by 14.

Belfry-28
Russell-14
I can't wait until Friday!

This game will be extremely intense. The atmosphere should be amazing!!

I am going to pick Belfry ...of course!!!!
I've had the pleasure to watch both Belfry and Russell against Ashland this year, as well as seeing Russell play Corbin the other night. In all honesty, I believe Belfry has the better team. Belfry has the ability to stop Clark running the ball. Belfry's pass defense against Russell will be the key to the game in my book. Add in the fact that Russell has to make the trip down to CAM and that Belfry is playing at home, I'll take Belfry, although I'll be pulling for the Devils.

Belfry - 21
Russell - 13
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Pirate Pal Wrote:I can't wait until Friday!

This game will be extremely intense. The atmosphere should be amazing!!

I am going to pick Belfry ...of course!!!!

You are 100% right the atmosphere will be wild:letsparty
Belfry by 1 TD
Devilologist Wrote:Is anyone planning on doing a tailgate for the BGR members next week at the game???? I can see us getting there about 5pm so I can bring a covered dish to help out, and maybe some drinks and chips.... Let me know..... maybe this should be a seperate post???? BDG>COM bowl tomrrow at the Russell JFL field 2pm.!!!

Yes you guys check out the other thread. Belfry/Russell tailgate 5:30/6:00 in the usual spot in the parking lot by the softball field. Everyone bring a dish and your drinks.
:letsparty
Tomcat68 Wrote:I've had the pleasure to watch both Belfry and Russell against Ashland this year, as well as seeing Russell play Corbin the other night. In all honesty, I believe Belfry has the better team. Belfry has the ability to stop Clark running the ball. Belfry's pass defense against Russell will be the key to the game in my book. Add in the fact that Russell has to make the trip down to CAM and that Belfry is playing at home, I'll take Belfry, although I'll be pulling for the Devils.

Belfry - 21
Russell - 13

I Like your post :Clap:
cards#6 Wrote:i think sc will come away with it

What? SC? Are you talking about sheldon clark? LOL
warriorpride Wrote:russell:14
belfry:38

Sorry, but neither team is capable of putting that much points up against each other, IF they are both on fire, which they are and I don't see anything to slow them down, it's going to be one heck of a battle come Friday! Will be a game for the ages... Anyone think this could have an attendace and atmosphere like the Belfry/P-burg games of 04?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next