Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 55 Hazard 51
Final. :partyhard
Good game. I think hazard went for too many 3s in the end
Congratulations to Coach Marcum and the CC Tigers!
Congrats to Tigers.
Clay County didnt look good tonight, they will have to play much better to keep from getting beat soundly by Knott IMO. Hopefully they bring their A game and represent the 13th well in the next couple rounds of the tourney.
I'm just gonna be honest here. Until clay commits there self to the defensive end it's gonna be a short year. Farmer has got to play some defense. There was no effort on his part tonight. Just stood and let guys go around him all night. Sexton and Wolfe has got to contain the guards. There defense Is pathetic. If they play this way Friday, knott will beat them 25 plus.
I don't know if they were worried some ice may cancel school or getting text about UK almost getting beat but Clay wanted no part of this game. I expect a different attitude for Knott. Blake Smith was pretty solid. Thought Wolfe rebounded well and Farmer really struggled. Hazard controlled the tempo and if it weren't for some missed 3's, the Tigers would be playing Harlan County for the 3rd time in a month.
I agree about the defense. But I really think that they don't know what defense they are playing half the time. Wolfe and sexton had good energy tonight. But Farmer did do a lot of standing around like a statue on defense. Rebounding must get better from all involved. Need a big effort come Friday night to be competitive. And I agree UKCC for the most part it seemed as if they just went through the motions. But IMO this team does that alot. They play to there competition. Nice effort from Smith tonight.
Can't see Clay playing close with Knott.
Not the way they played tonight. But when they play to there potential yes. This may be the worst game they played all year.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Can't see Clay playing close with Knott.

I Don't see very many teams in the state that can play with Knott county central. This is a very special team from Eastern,Kentucky. :Cheerlead
Clay will have to play much better to be competitive against Knott. Yeah guess they had a bad night. But I just don't think they can guard Knott. I saw no one that can handle Hall or Justice.
I think Smith can guard justice. But I agree Hall will have a field day. And I don't know if Clay can sacrifice Smith's offense to allow him to guard Justice. It will be interesting to see what Clay's try to do. But if Clay doesn't bring their A game it will get ugly.
Clay County has a good team that'll compete for a 13th region title, but I don't see them beating Knott either. Knott is one of the best teams in the state IMO. Hall will be a major problem with his size and then throw Justice in the equation and it makes it that much harder.
Hazard played A excellent ball game. Big Al has his team in A position to get better and better every game.
I've not had much to say this ball season but I will say this...

Clay Co is a very good team, hazard made Clay play their way tonight..

Hazard still has a long way to go but tonight Hazards players looked to be starting to buying into what they all need to di...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was a good one.

Nice to see Hazard keep this one so close.

A lot of people were saying this was going to be a long night for them.

They'll only get better.

Coach Marcum seemed to think that his kids played no where near what they're capable of. Hopefully they come to play in Friday.
Clay Vs. Knott will be the best game of the WYMT tournment.....even though you've got your championship game I still think this game is gonna be a great match up.....I know Hall is gonna cause some problems inside and Justice is gonna do his thing.....but if Clay will just play some hard nose defense I see Clay winning this game......Smith and Farmer will both have soild games.....Clay wins 70-67....
Knott by 15+
Hazard gave them fits.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I think Smith can guard justice. But I agree Hall will have a field day. And I don't know if Clay can sacrifice Smith's offense to allow him to guard Justice. It will be interesting to see what Clay's try to do. But if Clay doesn't bring their A game it will get ugly.

I look for Marcum to play some junk defense like he did against North.....maybe chase Justice with house or sexton and double hall when he touches the ball. This is going to leave some of the other guys open and hopefully they aren't hitting shots.
Congratulations Clay!![

QUOTE=Truth99;1856128]I'm just gonna be honest here. Until clay commits there self to the defensive end it's gonna be a short year. Farmer has got to play some defense. There was no effort on his part tonight. Just stood and let guys go around him all night. Sexton and Wolfe has got to contain the guards. There defense Is pathetic. If they play this way Friday, knott will beat them 25 plus.[/QUOTE]

I have heard Mark Jackson say this about his daddy more than one time!!

Confusednicker:
Clay fan all the way but unless they slow it down and shorten the game, Knott by a bunch.
Hazard controlled this game with their style,If Clay lets Knott control the tempo,they will be in for a long night.Unless they keep Hall and Cornett off the boards,it will be impossible for Clay to play their game.Not many teams in the state can keep Evan off the boards.Congrats to Clay for the win.
Ryan House is a heck of a point guard.Any colleges looking at him? He does a great job for Clay.
I think Alice Lloyd spoke with him after the game last night.
Good game.Hazard starting to gel better and Holland can just coach.Hazard struggled shooting at the end and let some chances slip through to get closer to Clay.Hazard has got to start learning to play four full quarters.That makes several games where we came out a little flat in the 4th quarter.Good win.Smith is a great player for you.
Hazard lost with dignity. ( Spelling)