Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Matchups
Who would you like to see your team play in the future whether it be for bragging rights or just a good interesting football matchup? I would love to see a Trinity come to the mountains abd play somebody.
And Jim Rome is apperently still burning lol
I want Highlands v Trinity in real life
Bowling Green would be cool... don't know if they've played in the reg season?
I wouldn't really call it a dream match up but for Somerset I would like to see us in a home-home with Boyle Co. and Corbin every year. There's more than a small amount of history between us and those two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing Bell Co. on the schedule every year either.
RoShamBo Wrote:I wouldn't really call it a dream match up but for Somerset I would like to see us in a home-home with Boyle Co. and Corbin every year. There's more than a small amount of history between us and those two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing Bell Co. on the schedule every year either.

But don't want to play Pulaski County every year?
Not a certain match-up in particular, but I would like to see some matchups of some of the far-western teams vs. the far-eastern teams.
I know that travel and time are both inhibitive of this, but since we are just saying....
Some times it is hard to get a true picture of comparison when the distance that separates them provide no common opponents.
I would like to see Highlands and Southwestern play ...oh wait I get to see that next year in the substrate.:rockon:
RoShamBo Wrote:I wouldn't really call it a dream match up but for Somerset I would like to see us in a home-home with Boyle Co. and Corbin every year. There's more than a small amount of history between us and those two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing Bell Co. on the schedule every year either.

Somerset Corbin should be a yearly matchup.
jim rome Wrote:I've got some dream match-ups for you. How about your lips and my ass for starters. How about pjDoug vs. Granny Bear in mud wrestling. How about Willie Turnover, Wiznut, and Lily in a 3-way match.

Jim why dont you join and we make it a tag team match.....
tone down the rhetoric.
Dream Match Up

Williamsburg vs a good team during reg season.

LOL :biglmao:
Paul Crewe Wrote:Dream Match Up

Williamsburg vs a good team during reg season.

LOL :biglmao:

Who do you think they should play? I think Somerset would be a good annual matchup.
Dream matchup is Whitley Co vs McCreary Central. Big game feel.
Having ties to both programs, I would love to see the Colts travel down to play Somerset. I think it would help prepare us for the playoffs when we have to travel.
Central travel to Belfry for the Pike County Bowl. Scroggins said he would love for this to happen someday.
Mayfield V's DeSales. Louisville Central vs Boyle County.
ColtPride Wrote:Having ties to both programs, I would love to see the Colts travel down to play Somerset. I think it would help prepare us for the playoffs when we have to travel.

Are you "tied" into the DeSales program far enough back to remember Don Hettich and Ron Madrick, or are you a bit younger? Great coaches and very memorable characters, those two.

I don't necessarily object to a Somerset-DeSales regular-season series, but it might be a tough sell for those directing the SHS program. No offense intended, but to win district, they must beat a metropolitan-area private school (LCA), and to win semi-state, they most likely have to beat another (NewCath). And if recent history holds true, they would have to beat a third to win state.

At any rate, those concerns are far, far down the road for the Jumpers. After this past season (varsity 0-10 and JV winless, too), we're just hoping to score a couple touchdowns in 2015.
I would like to see Williamsburg play any one of the posters teams THAT WENT NOWHERE IN THE PLAYOFFS BUT CRYED LIKE A BABY ABOUT WILLIAMSBURG"S SCHEDULE
Belfry vs. Mayfield.
Belfry Vs. Mingo Central....Week 1.
The gate alone from this game would be in the 10's of thousands of dollars.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my offer still stands....
$2,500 donation to BHS Football program to make this game happen... :Cheerlead TongueirateSho
paul crewe Wrote:dream match up

williamsburg vs a good team during reg season.

Lol :biglmao:

you will always have haters......no matter what!
Simon Kenton against Highlands it is coming this fall!
Trinity vs Bowling Green, I know they played several years back but I did not get to see it, been to the Highlands/Trinty scrimmage the last few years so I would love to get Bowling Green back on the schedule.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield V's DeSales. Louisville Central vs Boyle County.

I have a feeling that Mayfield vs DeSales matchup will happen this year in the Semi's down in Mayfield.

Boyle and Somerset played some dandy games during the early 80's. It was always a close one and a great contest.

'79 Boyle County 27-17
'80 Boyle County 27-24
'81 Somerset 20-14 in Overtime
'82 Boyle County 28-27

I know they played in '84 in the sub-district and Boyle led 10-7 toward the end of the 3rd Quarter and Somerset's superior talent won going away 38-10. I also seem to recall them playing a 2 year series around '89 and '90 with each winning once. :Thumbs: