Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region fans
What are your thoughts on the region this year? I've seen every team play with the exception of Rose Hill and Menifee. To me, Boyd and Rowan are a step ahead of the rest of the teams but it is still wide open
The 16th must be really down this year if Rowan and Boyd are the two best. I saw both Boyd and Rowan in the AIT and was not impressed either at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There is no really good team. Extremely down year for the region. Average teams have a shot in the region because of it.
Unfortunately, I would agree that the 16th is down this year, but it seems like Boyd and Rowan are definitely the best in the region. Obviously, this doesn't mean other teams couldn't take the region, but they seem to be beating other region teams comfortably.

Morgan seems to be making noise and Elliott keeps hanging around. It seems weird that Greenup isn't playing better.

It should be an entertaining season, and perhaps Boyd or Rowan will get some bugs worked out by seasons end. I know Rowan has been missing a few big men here and there, so if they all get healthy it sure could help.
goldenbucs Wrote:Unfortunately, I would agree that the 16th is down this year, but it seems like Boyd and Rowan are definitely the best in the region. Obviously, this doesn't mean other teams couldn't take the region, but they seem to be beating other region teams comfortably.

Morgan seems to be making noise and Elliott keeps hanging around. It seems weird that Greenup isn't playing better.

It should be an entertaining season, and perhaps Boyd or Rowan will get some bugs worked out by seasons end. I know Rowan has been missing a few big men here and there, so if they all get healthy it sure could help.

With how Greenup County basketball has went the last 8 years or so, it would seem weird if they were playing well. I haven't seen Boyd play yet but I will agree that Rowan County looks to be a step ahead of everyone else, at least the teams I've seen. It's Boyd and Rowan, and then the rest.
With the exception of one Rowan County team, one Rose Hill team, and a couple of Elliott County teams, the region has been one of the weakest regions for a long, long time.
Truth Wrote:With the exception of one Rowan County team, one Rose Hill team, and a couple of Elliott County teams, the region has been one of the weakest regions for a long, long time.

That's a bit of a stretch....while they have been known as a weak region, the 16th representative has won at least one game in the State Tournament 3 of the last 6 years (which doesn't go back to the OJ Mayo years)...there's hardly ever any star power in the area, but they still manage to make some noise when it counts some how...
It's the Ashland effect....

When in doubt, blame Ashland for everything.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed