Whitley county vs Riverside Christian Updates
Whitley county 53
Riverside Christian 00

HALFTIME......HALFTIME
Whitley county 87
Riverside Christian 10

FINAL.....FINAL :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Smothering defense in first half.
Imagine being Riverside, and only having a couple of other small private Christian schools in the area to schedule.
I understand the issue of not having many schools to pick from for scheduling but whitley should never agreed to play a game like this. What good do you get from a game like this. Hold a team scoreless until halftime.......i hope the coach subbed down as far as he could in the first half. That's just terrible.
Trust Me Wrote:Imagine being Riverside, and only having a couple of other small private Christian schools in the area to schedule.

There's a KCSAA to keep beat downs like this from happening.
I guess they just get more money playing in the 14th.
Don't schedule the game if you can't compete. Whitley should have taken advantage of this one and broke some state records.
Bolt Wrote:Don't schedule the game if you can't compete. Whitley should have taken advantage of this one and broke some state records.

My kids' school did that once...it only brought scorn, ridicule and shame. You don't want that kind of record on the books, believe me.
Somewhere, somehow these types of things can come back and haunt you.......i know as a coach you can't tell your kids not to score or dont run your plays either. If this was the final score then they probably could have scored 100 very easily. So i guess they kept it in perspective somewhat. Still just not a good situation for either team.
Whitley never pressed which they normally do the whole game. They dropped back into a VERY lax zone. Really never pressured the ball and stepped back on some shots. I would guess the starters played less than 6 minutes. Whitley would hold the ball and pass it around attempting to kill time and not run it up. The biggest cheer of the night came when Riverside scored their first basket. After the had two free throws. The Whitley kids were walking a fine line trying not to make it too obvious that they were holding back. Nobody wants to embarrass anyone in that sitiution
Honestly if Overbey had wanted he could have scored 100 in the first half
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:I understand the issue of not having many schools to pick from for scheduling but whitley should never agreed to play a game like this. What good do you get from a game like this. Hold a team scoreless until halftime.......i hope the coach subbed down as far as he could in the first half. That's just terrible.

I agree. This game does no one any good. Why would Whitley schedule a game like this? I guess overlay needs to pad his record. I hope Whitley and the burg play first proud of the district and the burg sends them packing!!!
This could come back t
o bite you in the butt. I hope this does not reflect back on the Kids they are wonderful .

Something just went wrong. Those things happen.
Hoopman1 Wrote:I agree. This game does no one any good. Why would Whitley schedule a game like this? I guess overlay needs to pad his record. I hope Whitley and the burg play first proud of the district and the burg sends them packing!!!
Really? What a jerk you are. I remember a time when your Williamsburg didn't win but one or two games all year, and also a time when they refused to play the teams in the district because it wasn't fair to your poor little school. Just because your school had all those players move in there, and you now think they are grand, doesn't give you the right to say Whitley only played Riverside to pad record. Riverside has a team, and they should have people willing to play. It is the nice thing to do. I can't wait until all your transfers are gone, and your team is back crying because it is so unfair that they have to play all those big schools. Williamsburg had had the little All A tournament every year (even though you couldn't win that either), but they still cry about being so small. You should be ashamed. Why does Williamsburg play Jellico every year?
Flash154 Just take A deep breath hold in just A couple seconds, let it all out and relax, you are going to be fine. Each post expresses one mans or womans opinion, PERSONELL
topnotch Wrote:Flash154 Just take A deep breath hold in just A couple seconds, let it all out and relax, you are going to be fine. Each post expresses one mans or womans opinion, PERSONELL
You are exactly right. Everyone can state their opinions, and I stated mine. I certainly understand why you wouldn't want transfers mentioned. Sorry, you guys can't be bragging one minute and crying the next. The one thing this forum can do is keep everyone honest.
Flash154 Wrote:Really? What a jerk you are. I remember a time when your Williamsburg didn't win but one or two games all year, and also a time when they refused to play the teams in the district because it wasn't fair to your poor little school. Just because your school had all those players move in there, and you now think they are grand, doesn't give you the right to say Whitley only played Riverside to pad record. Riverside has a team, and they should have people willing to play. It is the nice thing to do. I can't wait until all your transfers are gone, and your team is back crying because it is so unfair that they have to play all those big schools. Williamsburg had had the little All A tournament every year (even though you couldn't win that either), but they still cry about being so small. You should be ashamed. Why does Williamsburg play Jellico every year?

Really?? Comparing Riverside to Jellico?? No comparison my friend!! I guarantee you all would NOT of held Jellico scoreless the first half!!!
Flash154 Wrote:You are exactly right. Everyone can state their opinions, and I stated mine. I certainly understand why you wouldn't want transfers mentioned. Sorry, you guys can't be bragging one minute and crying the next. The one thing this forum can do is keep everyone honest.

Couple of questions Flash...How many District Championships has Whitley won and has Whitley ever had a transfer...Hell Corbin's lived off them through the years and not once have I heard you go after them...
Don't understand the vile, did someone from Wburg steal your girlfriend, take your lunch money or beat you up...Lets be honest...
OldJacket Wrote:Couple of questions Flash...How many District Championships has Whitley won and has Whitley ever had a transfer...Hell Corbin's lived off them through the years and not once have I heard you go after them...
Don't understand the vile, did someone from Wburg steal your girlfriend, take your lunch money or beat you up...Lets be honest...
First of all, I was defending Whitley for playing Riverside and taking up for Riverside because it is unfair that the jerk insinuated they shouldn't be played. I wasn't bragging about any teams record. I pointed out Williamsburg's past horrible records because the jerk said Whitley shouldn't have played Riverside. To make the argument clear for you genius, the jerk shouldn't be saying things about other teams when his own team has walked in same shoes. What if Williamsburg couldn't get anyone to play them when they were not a good team? Also, I wasn't comparing Jellico to Riverside. I was making the point that Williamsburg plays Jellico because Jellico is in need of teams to play so most area teams do schedule Jellico to help them out despite the fact they know Jellico is not traditionally a strong team. It is the right thing to do. Last of all, Whitley, Corbin, Clay, and all other 13th Region teams may have had transfers, but they don't continuously cry about who they have to play. Then, after a TEAM of transfers move in, suddenly become the schedule police for other teams. They need to remember what it was like to struggle to get people to play them.
I have NO problem with Whitley playing Riverside, just don't get your obsession with anything Williamsburg and transfers...Thanks for the genius comment...:Clap:
Flash154 Wrote:You are exactly right. Everyone can state their opinions, and I stated mine. I certainly understand why you wouldn't want transfers mentioned. Sorry, you guys can't be bragging one minute and crying the next. The one thing this forum can do is keep everyone honest.

I tried, you just can't fix stupid. Seems to me you could see that you are the only one on here that wants fight. turn it loose enjoy the moment.:Cheerlead
And by the way do you really beleive every one on here is honest?
Go Jackets.
That's for sure. That is why I like this forum. I can remind them of the truth when they aren't.
And call them bad name when you wont to.
Like to see Jackets and Colonels scratching each others eyes out over basketball. They have both been dominant forces in the 50th. Williamsburg has not won a district in almost 20 years and Whitley in almost 30 years. During a big part of that 30 years Whitley was the biggest school in The 13th region.
I agree with what you are saying but don't put old Flash down as a Whitley fan.....in my opinion he is a just a trolling hater who refuses to claim any school, at least publicly.......
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I agree with what you are saying but don't put old Flash down as a Whitley fan.....in my opinion he is a just a trolling hater who refuses to claim any school, at least publicly.......
You are just mad because I won't tell you. You have enough to worry about without worrying about my school.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I agree with what you are saying but don't put old Flash down as a Whitley fan.....in my opinion he is a just a trolling hater who refuses to claim any school, at least publicly.......
Williamsburg and fans think they own the forum. They don't want anyone on here with a different opinion. They should all just stick with Facebook. I am ashamed of the Whitley fans they have joined their crying party. I will be at the tournament to see Clay win again.