Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Hoops Classic brackets
Here are the brackets, for the Paintsville Hoops Classic. Each day there are 2 Sessions, a morning and evening. You can watch 4 games for $7 total each Session, Dec. 27-30.

SESSION #1 · WEDNESDAY December 27, 2006
TREASURE COAST, FL –vs– LOUISVILLE MOORE at 9:00am
BALLOU, D.C. –vs– HEATH at 10:30am
RUSSELLVILLE –vs– BREWBAKER, AL at Noon
TATE, FL –vs– UHA at 1:30pm

SESSION #2 · WEDNESDAY December 27, 2006
PRESTONSBURG –vs– NORTH HARDIN at 4:30pm
EAST CARTER –vs– SENECA at 6:00pm
ALCOA, TN –vs– PAINTSVILLE at 7:30pm
MORGAN COUNTY –vs– BULLITT EAST at 9:00pm

SESSION #3 · THURSDAY December 28, 2006
NORTH HARDIN –vs– BALLOU, D.C. at 9:00am
LOUISVILLE SENECA –vs– TATE, FL at 10:30am
ALCOA, TN –vs– BREWBAKER, AL at Noon
BULLITT EAST –vs– LOUISVILLE MOORE at 1:30pm

SESSION #4 · THURSDAY December 28, 2006
UHA–vs– EAST CARTER at 4:30pm
TREASURE COAST, FL –vs– MORGAN COUNTY at 6:00pm
HEATH –vs– PRESTONSBURG at 7:30pm
PAINTSVILLE –vs– RUSSELLVILLE at 9:00pm

SESSION #5 · FRIDAY December 29, 2006
TREASURE COAST, FL –vs– BULLITT EAST at 9:00am
RUSSELLVILLE –vs– ALCOA, TN at 10:30am
NORTH HARDIN –vs– HEATH at Noon
LOUISVILLE SENECA –vs– UHA at 1:30pm

SESSION #6 · FRIDAY December 29, 2006
TATE, FL –vs– EAST CARTER at 4:30pm
BALLOU, D.C. –vs– PRESTONSBURG at 6:00pm
BREWBAKER, AL –vs– PAINTSVILLE at 7:30pm
LOUISVILLE MOORE –vs– MORGAN COUNTY at 9:00pm

East winner -vs- North winner · Sat. Dec. 30th (9:00am)
West winner -vs- South winner · Sat. Dec. 30th (10:30am)
3rd/4th Place Game - Sat. Dec. 30th (6:00pm)
Championship Game - Sat. Dec. 30th (8:00pm)

Some excellent teams and individual players. Several D1 and college players, with probably the best talent, in the 4 years of the tournament. There will be 28 games total.
Enjoyed the tournament last season and I'll be planning on attending once again this year. Well organized and excellent competition.
Did anyone see the Ballou D.C. team at the King of the Bluegrass tournament? Where they played Rose Hill.
I have also heard the Lawerence Co. has agreed to play 1 game in the tournament as well.
Pupaw Wrote:Did anyone see the Ballou D.C. team at the King of the Bluegrass tournament? Where they played Rose Hill.
I have also heard the Lawerence Co. has agreed to play 1 game in the tournament as well.

LC in the tourney playing one game?? That isn't how the tourney works. First, LC isn't in the tourney this year, and second, if they were they would have to play at least 3 games. Would be nice to see LC in the tourney though!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:LC in the tourney playing one game?? That isn't how the tourney works. First, LC isn't in the tourney this year, and second, if they were they would have to play at least 3 games. Would be nice to see LC in the tourney though!!
A team from Florida has withdrawn and LC has agreed to play on Thursday. I'll have more information later.

I believe they are looking for 2 other teams, to fill those other games. Any suggestions or ideas, would be great.
How would that work? Since it is a round robin division format, what good would it do to have 3 teams play one game each in place of a team that withdraws?
EKY Sportster Wrote:How would that work? Since it is a round robin division format, what good would it do to have 3 teams play one game each in place of a team that withdraws?
The winner of that Pool, will probably have 2 games that count, unless they can find a team this late to play all 3 games.

Not exactly sure. Very late notice on not attending, so they will do the best they can.
Definately late notice! Why can't LC play all three games? Looks like their schedule would permit unless it would put them over on total games?
BTW, do you know which Florida team it is that withdrew? Was it Tate or Treasure Coast?
Treasure Coast Florida was the team that withdrew from the tournament. Only 9 more days until it starts. I can't wait!
should be fun to watch
Looks like another great tourney!
Anyone have info about the out of state teams. Any D-1 talent going to be there.
I think there is a kid from University Heights that is D1 material.
Good Luck Paintsville
IRISH4 Wrote:I think there is a kid from University Heights that is D1 material.

Yes his name is Hopson.
Dag on... Prestonsburg is playing some pretty tough teams! Ballou D.C., Heath, North Hardin... Wow this will be a tough week of games for the Blackcats!
Can't wait to watch this tourney!
Prep Star Wrote:Anyone have info about the out of state teams. Any D-1 talent going to be there.
UHA has 6'-6 ½" Scotty Hopson who has made a verbal commitment to Mississippi State, along with teammates 6'-11" Ryan Langhi and 6'-4 ½" Tyshwan Edmondson. J.M. Tate from Florida, will have 6'-6" DeAngelo Kirkland and 6'-6" Robert Jackson, along with 6'-8" Tyler Colligan. North Hardin features 6'-1" Andre Autry. Heath will be led by 6'-9" Max McConnell and 6'-5" Seth Hart. Seneca will return for the 4th time and have 6'-2" Montrell Williams and 6'-3" Bilal Davis. Moore will feature several guards, including 6'-0" Jazzmar Ferguson. Alcoa, TN has several players being recruited in both football and basketball, including 6'-3" Kyrus Lanxter. Ballou, D.C. will be led by 6'-0" Tyron Parker and 6'-6" Lamar Milstead. Brewbaker Tech, AL will feature 6'-3" Aubrey Dubose and 6'-0" guards, Brandon Canady and Giovanni Smith. Bullitt East will be led by 6'-5" Robert Troutman ad 6'-1" Matt Miles. Russellville will have both 6'-2" Jerrell Mayo and 6'-3" Tyler Meacham. Several featured local players will include, 6'-4" Katlin Haney from Morgan County. 6'-6" Trevor Patton from Prestonsburg. 6'-0" Van Allen Burge and 6'-1" Drew Johnson from East Carter. Paintsville will be led by 6'-2" Landon Slone.
Only 2 more days. I can't wait.
Should be some good games!

And yes, their will be teams that will struggle this year IMO (Prestonsburg, Morgan and East Carter), but they will gain valuable experience that will only help them later in the season.
Pupaw Wrote:Only 2 more days. I can't wait.

I look forward to it.
I am wanting to win the recliner myself...lol...but I am looking forward to watching some more exciting basketball. Last year I bought a tournament pass, and I don't see any reason why I won't this year. The price is very reasonable considering how many games are going on.
Best tournament in the State of Kentucky.!!!!
Here's a list of the teams and their record this season.
Kentucky Teams
University Heights 1-5
Seneca 2-6
Bullitt East 7-3
North Hardin 4-6
Russellville 4-4
Moore 6-5
Health 7-4
East Carter 4-3
Morgan County 1-3
Prestonsburg 0-4
Paintsville 5-3

Out of State Teams
Gaston Day NC. 5-5
Brewbaker Al. 3-4
Alcoa Tn. 2-4
St. Francis 0-5
Tate Fl. 6-3
Ballou DC 9-2 (Both losses were to Ky Teams Rose Hill and Elizabethtown)
Who is taking Treasure Coast's spot?
I believe Lawrence Co. has agreed to play one game on Thursday. Not sure if they are going to play every game, but from what I know they are just playing one.
I knew about LC, but how are they going to do the pool? Are they just going to take the best record of the top 3 in that pool and let them play the extra game against whoever they can find or what? Just wondering!
I will do my best to keep everyone updated on here. I got a look at UHA today, and they are unbelievable. Scotty Hopson is the real deal. Their 6'11 guy is not too shabby either.
ducky Wrote:Best tournament in the State of Kentucky.!!!!

I hope you are not basing your comment on the records of the teams participating.

6 teams with a winning record?

66-69 overall record

25-23 for the out of state teams
41-46 for the KY boys.

let hope they have played stiff competition