Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 65 Prestonsburg 49
PC wins the Tournament at Prestonsburg
Congrats Hawks
good win.
I guess coach James didn't put on a show in this one.
kywildcat606 Wrote:I guess coach James didn't put on a show in this one.

Nope it was John this game but no one got to see him slam the runner up trophy against the locker room wall shattering it into a thousand pieces. :ChairHit:
What a @$$hat !!!

Why does Prestonsburg put up with his childish behavior?
Pike Central will get better and better.
Honestly, it is a joke that Derossett is the basketball coach. This is another situation where it's not about the kids/players, it's more about the coach. Obviously James is coaching basketball to help his brother maintain the football program, but until the parents or administration will stand up for those walking the halls that want to play, nothing will change. I've been around prestonsburg high for a long time and I really believe that if you put as much emphasis on basketball that's put on football, the success will come. Pburg took a chance with Shane simpkins in baseball and he's delievered them a regional title. It's time for pburg to find that guy in basketball.
:happysmile:
kywildcat606 Wrote:Honestly, it is a joke that Derossett is the basketball coach. This is another situation where it's not about the kids/players, it's more about the coach. Obviously James is coaching basketball to help his brother maintain the football program, but until the parents or administration will stand up for those walking the halls that want to play, nothing will change. I've been around prestonsburg high for a long time and I really believe that if you put as much emphasis on basketball that's put on football, the success will come. Pburg took a chance with Shane simpkins in baseball and he's delievered them a regional title. It's time for pburg to find that guy in basketball.

Couldn't have said it better. Definitely time for a change in prestonsburg.
Prestonsburg is a football school. Just the way it is. It was that way when I went to school there and played basketball there..Im a fan of Prestonsburg football, Im not hate'n just telling it like it is..I don't see it changing anytime soon to be honest about it..I wish the basketball program would see a little more love but as long as the football program is dominant and doing as well as it is Im sure the school/parents/boosters see no reason to change..
Blacksmith Wrote:Prestonsburg is a football school. Just the way it is. It was that way when I went to school there and played basketball there..Im a fan of Prestonsburg football, Im not hate'n just telling it like it is..I don't see it changing anytime soon to be honest about it..I wish the basketball program would see a little more love but as long as the football program is dominant and doing as well as it is Im sure the school/parents/boosters see no reason to change..

Well, first of all, their football program hasn't been dominant by any means. Dominant would mean regional/state titles. They're lucky to get a district title as of late. Not hating either, just stating facts.
As far as prestonsburg being a football school, you're probably right. However, if given the chance, prestonsburg could be favorable towards basketball with the right leadership.
Compared to the basketball program they are..The last good basketball team(reg champs) they had was about 1988-89...I sorely wish the basketball program would do better but it is what it is.It kills me to see them struggle season after season.Its just a football school.Thats not just because of the coach's and administration either..The parents have a big stake in that.. Has been that way at least since Bill Letton was there.(Which I liked Bill he was good to the basketball players)
kywildcat606 Wrote:Honestly, it is a joke that Derossett is the basketball coach. This is another situation where it's not about the kids/players, it's more about the coach. Obviously James is coaching basketball to help his brother maintain the football program, but until the parents or administration will stand up for those walking the halls that want to play, nothing will change. I've been around prestonsburg high for a long time and I really believe that if you put as much emphasis on basketball that's put on football, the success will come. Pburg took a chance with Shane simpkins in baseball and he's delievered them a regional title. It's time for pburg to find that guy in basketball.

Agreed and well said. Get the clown out of there...
I cant comment on the current coach's style of coaching because to be honest I have not seen it..I listen to all the games I can but work prohibits me from seeing any. :HitWall:
Good l;uck with your problem done that