Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 63 Buckhorn 57
Watched this one on TV tonight, great game from two of the region's best teams. Looked like a great atmosphere too. Thought Buckhorn had a good game plan but some questionable calls sent Hoskins, Cooper to the bench and Beverly to the free throw line which was probably the deciding factor. However, Perry took full advantage of the breaks and was able to pull this one out 73-67 (at least I think that was it). Blair played good for Perry, Cole and Boggs did for BHS too. Ready to see these two match up again soon, great competitiveness between these two schools!

EDIT: Thanks to whoever corrected the score for me, couldn't exactly remember it!
Questionable calls sent perry to the line? What about the questionable calls the rest of the game for buckhorn. Watched it live and also recorded it and watched it when I got home and that was a very bad officiated game. Buckhorn got almost every call. One sequence alone Beverly drove down the lane and someone grabbed his arm and everybody on the court stopped because they thought the whistle was going to blow but never did so buckhorn finally picks up the ball and drove down the court and the guy stops at the free throw line picks up his dribble and just starts dribbling again to go for a layup. And I see why buckhorn has dirk flinchum their #1 rated ref. all three of these refs shouldn't even do jv games
Adversity makes you tough but there were calls on both sides that I was scratching my head a few times.Two great district wins in 2 nights.I'll take it.
Hitter, I am not sure which instance you are talking about with Beverly but I will admit that it wasn't a great-called game either way, which is what you can expect around here. From where I watched, it seemed as if Perry Central got the breaks, but usually the home team does. Plus that's just this old dog's opinion and nothing more. Still was a good game. However, I did think Hoskins' fourth foul was the most bogus call of the night and sending him to bench that early was probably the turning point of the game. But it's just December and these teams will more than likely meet again at some point. I think this game will be even better next time around. Love high school hoops season.!
Could they combine and beat Knott County? Doubt it.
Looks like Buckhorn will compete this year in the 14th. Not sure it will matter either way come region time. KCC is just head and shoulders better than all teams.
Worst called game I've seen in awhile. I remember someone saying the refs can't make their minds up which team to call for. Regardless it was a great atmosphere by two very good teams. The 54th District as always will be tough to come out of.
I heard this one got chippy.

Fans getting ejected on both sides, kids getting hurt and plenty of shenanigans for everyone.

I've seen Hazard, Perry, Knott and Buckhorn this year and it looks like Knott is far and away the favorite at this point.

Perry always has the puncher's chance against them. If Braxton is playing well and Blair gets hot they could beat anyone around here, but any less than their A+ game against Knott is a loss.
Great win Buckhorn plays hard.
How would you rate the district right now then? Perry,Buckhorn,Leslie,then Hazard? I think the Eagles may surprise Buckhorn before the season is over and take 2nd in the district before year's end.
hitter Wrote:Questionable calls sent perry to the line? What about the questionable calls the rest of the game for buckhorn.and that was a very bad officiated game. Buckhorn got almost every call. I see why buckhorn has dirk flinchum their #1 rated ref. all three of these refs shouldn't even do jv games
Very poorly officiated game, Dirk was the best one of the 3. Barney AKA will fugate was absolutely horrible, he has no idea what in the world he is doing, worst in the region by far. The teams did well to overcome the calls on both ends, was a good game considering.
Both teams being lucky to make it a game against Knott. Confusednicker:
Sounds like this was a great game. Going to be interesting how the 54th plays out. Does anyone know if the District championship has ever been between Leslie and Buckhorn? It had it always had either hazard or Perry in the mix? Trying to test some of your Alls basketball history.
4ever witness Wrote:Sounds like this was a great game. Going to be interesting how the 54th plays out. Does anyone know if the District championship has ever been between Leslie and Buckhorn? It had it always had either hazard or Perry in the mix? Trying to test some of your Alls basketball history.

Since 54th District Draws, one of Buckhorn or Leslie have been in the district finals a few times LOL....

54th District Championship since 1999...

1999 - Perry vs Buckhorn
2000 - Perry vs Hazard
2001 - Perry vs Hazard
2002 - Perry vs Hazard
2003 - Perry vs Leslie
2004 - Perry vs Leslie
2005 - Perry vs Leslie
2006 - Hazard vs Leslie
2007 - Hazard vs Buckhorn
2008 - Hazard vs Perry
2009 - Hazard vs Perry
2010 - Hazard vs Perry
2011 - Hazard vs Perry
2012 - Hazard vs Buckhorn
2013 - Perry vs Leslie
2014 - Hazard vs Perry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I mean against each other in the finals.
My Dores are not playing consistent "good" basketball. We are having too many breakdowns on defense and taking a lot of quick shots. It is early in the season and I think everyone is still finding their role on this team. This is what December is for.

:popcorn: