Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 67 Hazard 47
Final of tonight matchup. After watching this game I think hazard might be the 4th in the 54th. Still early in the season tho! Congrats to perry on a big W. And berevely goes for 30. He's puttig up buckets this year.
Beverly will make a run at Mr. basketball. Easily a top player in the state.
Thought this game would be closer.
It was closer than the final score indicates. I think Hazard was down by 6 with 4 minutes left in the game.
HoopMadness Wrote:Beverly will make a run at Mr. basketball. Easily a top player in the state.
Cameron Justice of Knott might have something else to say about that
^ different class. Braxton is a junior and Cameron is a senior..
kcfan#1 Wrote:Cameron Justice of Knott might have something else to say about that

lol
Both teams still need a lot of work.

Hazard will have a hard time to start this year being as small as they are. But they played hard and I think they'll figure it out by the end of the season.

Perry looked alright on offense but that defense was rough at times. If teams spread it out and attack them early in the play it'll give them fits...
but again. It's 5 games into the season lol
Well. I said 18 points, close enough.
My question is, was Chester Jones in the house and how much he made last night.
Both teams down drastically this season. If Perry is the 10th best team in the state, I don't wanna see the other 9.
At 4:08 left in the game it was 51-45...

The last 4 minutes of the game Perry outscored Hazard 16-2.... So it wasn't a beat-down just the final score was a beat down... But Perry has a much better team than Hazard right now...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:At 4:08 left in the game it was 51-45...

The last 4 minutes of the game Perry outscored Hazard 16-2.... So it wasn't a beat-down just the final score was a beat down... But Perry has a much better team than Hazard right now...

Did Perry start pressing in the last 4 minutes? 16-2 run that quick,I assume Hazard felt a lot of pressure.Either from a press or different defense?
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:Did Perry start pressing in the last 4 minutes? 16-2 run that quick,I assume Hazard felt a lot of pressure.Either from a press or different defense?

No, Perry pressed the whole game... Hazard just couldn't score... Missed 3 FT's, a wide open 3, Hardy missed a runner, Roberts jump hook, and 3 bad turnovers.... Plus, Beverly hit a 3 and someone from Perry got an and-1....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will give Hazard credit. They hung in there for most of the game. Perry has to find a way to manage the game a little better, especially on the defensive end. Right now, we are foul prone and need to do a better job closing out on opposing shooters. Rebounding is still a concern as well.