Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championships to remain at WKU through 2018
The Kentucky High School Athletic Association officially extended its agreements with Russell Athletic and Western Kentucky University to partner and host the state football finals through 2018 in a press conference in Bowling Green on Tuesday. The KHSAA Board of Control previously approved an extension for WKU and Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium as the host site of the Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl, dependent at the time upon retaining Russell Athletic as the event’s title sponsor.

http://khsaa.org/111814-khsaa-extends-fo...ough-2018/
Hate it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hate it.
Me too that's a long drive for us belfry fans. Lol.
skully03 Wrote:Me too that's a long drive for us belfry fans. Lol.

They just need to have the 3A championship at Belfry. They may not win it every year, but we know they'll be playing in it lol
Next year I believe Big Red may have a date with LexCath or Boyle in the Regional Championship...Lets not count the little red chickens before they hatch.

But yeah, no. WKU is awful. Papa Johns was such a more awesome venue. I can only dream of the day Commonwealth gets in on this deal.
Belfry isn't going to have the cake walk they once did, that's for certain.

But BG is extremely to far off center. Louisville is a long drive for most, but it was at least worthy of the trip. Driving from London to BG on 80 is about as sad as it gets.
Love. But for you far EKY's..I understand.

After 2018, I could maybe see UK hosting with a new turf field.

Here is what most also don't realize, Russell Athletic which has a home base in BG is a huge corporate sponsor.

Want the state final? Better have some comapanoes forming over some cash $$$.
Real Badman Wrote:Next year I believe Big Red may have a date with LexCath or Boyle in the Regional Championship...Lets not count the little red chickens before they hatch.

But yeah, no. WKU is awful. Papa Johns was such a more awesome venue. I can only dream of the day Commonwealth gets in on this deal.

Lex. Cath or Boyle would be in the state championship. Belfry versus Russell in the regional championship and Belfry/Russell versus Bell/Corbin in the state semis.
Really wish the state championships were back in Louisville but, I can see it being possible to be at UK if they get turf. Bowling green is just to far of a drive for most teams
I told you all it was going to stay. I love it there. It's the perfect size. There are great accommodations there and a clean city. I like that it's not to big to drive in as well.
It should be at UK once they have turf. At least for a little while. Rotate it even.
This sucks!
Very nice venue. Terrible location. "Road to Bowling Green" just does not have the same feel to me as "Road to Louisville" from a player, fan or coach perspective. Im just old I guess.
I'd rather play the game at Georgetown College than at Western Kentucky
I love the venue.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hate it.

me too
Gator95 Wrote:They just need to have the 3A championship at Belfry. They may not win it every year, but we know they'll be playing in it lol

3A is going to be tougher starting next year.
Demarcus ware Wrote:It should be at UK once they have turf. At least for a little while. Rotate it even.

I'd love to see it at Commonwealth.
BG is great and apparently KHSAA agrees.
The KHSAA is the organization that also overturned the Cordia Basketball decision too...Good decision making skills from those clowns.
Have I told yall what a great decision this was?
mysonis55 Wrote:BG is great and apparently KHSAA agrees.

Lexington is great. KHSAA is a joke.
Real Badman Wrote:The KHSAA is the organization that also overturned the Cordia Basketball decision too...Good decision making skills from those clowns.

clowns for sure.
Great call by Khsaa
Clearly not the ideal place to have these championship games, but it will not change until UK gets turf and a sponsor to rival Rawlings, or Louisville gets a sponsor. Lets be honest the only reason it is there is because of turf and Rawlings, mainly Rawlings because at the end of the day MONEY talks.
Russell Athletic not Rawlings
Everybody has to travel.
I woke up today just wanting everyone to know that I think this is the greatest KHSAA decision ever.
mysonis55 Wrote:I woke up today just wanting everyone to know that I think this is the greatest KHSAA decision ever.

:lame:
Could put it at Murray or Morehead State.