Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of Luck to All Teams Playing for a Regional Championship
Best of Luck to All Teams Playing for a Regional Championship bring one back to the Mountains. Just curious how many Mountain Teams are still in it? I only keep up with 3A and a couple of 1A Schools.
1A - Hazard, Paintsville, Raceland, Williamsburg

2A - Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

3A - Belfry, Corbin, Lawrence Co., Russell

4A - none

5A - Southwestern, Pulaski Co. (not debating whether mountain teams, but included)

6A - none
Be Nice if we get all 4 back to the Mountains!!!!!
KyRock Wrote:Be Nice if we get all 4 back to the Mountains!!!!!

Go Mountains! :Cheerlead
Unless there was an overnight upheaval, Russell is not in the "mountains."
Tica Wrote:Unless there was an overnight upheaval, Russell is not in the "mountains."

Tell us where Russell,Kentucky is.
pjdoug Wrote:Tell us where Russell,Kentucky is.
Oh here we go. Russell is not really "mountain" area school, since they are located in the Flatwoods, Ky area right outside Ashland. BUT, the Appalachian mountain range is close enough they fall under the service area of the Appalachian Regional Comission, and therefore are considered by many to be a "mountain" school. I can see the argument, even if I don't agree with it. Good luck to all teams remaining. Let's not let this turn into "M R Mountains, M R Not mountains, O S A R!" argument. Those are boring and pointless, and end up in some kind of scholarly discourse, which I don't come to this site for. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Oh here we go. Russell is not really "mountain" area school, since they are located in the Flatwoods, Ky area right outside Ashland. BUT, the Appalachian mountain range is close enough they fall under the service area of the Appalachian Regional Comission, and therefore are considered by many to be a "mountain" school. I can see the argument, even if I don't agree with it. Good luck to all teams remaining. Let's not let this turn into "M R Mountains, M R Not mountains, O S A R!" argument. Those are boring and pointless, and end up in some kind of scholarly discourse, which I don't come to this site for. Lol

too close to the worthless nut state to be in the mountains I guess. round on the ends and hi in the middle.Confusednicker:
:beavis:
pjdoug Wrote:too close to the worthless nut state to be in the mountains I guess. round on the ends and hi in the middle.Confusednicker:

Sort of an incongruity for Russell since it adjoins the bustling community of "Flatwoods."

Brings back memories of Lardy Groves LOL.
Tica Wrote:Sort of an incongruity for Russell since it adjoins the bustling community of "Flatwoods."

Brings back memories of Lardy Groves LOL.

maybe Flatwoods is on top of a mountain? :biggrin:
jim rome Wrote::beavis:

:trolldad2:
Tica Wrote:Unless there was an overnight upheaval, Russell is not in the "mountains."

You know, I just knew someone would make that sort of post. :biggrin:

I've been to Russell and the Appalachian foothills are -definitely- there. The same can be said for Morgan, Carter, and Rowan Co.'s. Along the river, where it's naturally flatter, you have to travel past Lewis Co. before the ground begins rolling in transitioning into true flat land.

:popcorn:
Russell doesn't consider themselves a "mountain" school. Not even close IMO.
PC all the way in 5A no one will stop them now!!!!!! BG is a mediocore team to us now that we have our qb back!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh PC
[quote=Tica]Unless there was an overnight upheaval, Russell is not in the "mountains."[/QUOTE

I would consider any Eastern Ky Team in The Mountains.
Neither Russell nor Raceland are in the "mountains".
You know, I have always considered the foothills to be the mountains in Kentucky! :Thumbs:
Hijacked thread alert !!!
KyRock Wrote:Be Nice if we get all 4 back to the Mountains!!!!!

If Corbin wins this week I think 3A is locked for one. 5A has a good chance. 1A no matter what will have a shot at a title. 2A has a chance but I'm least confident about this one.
Outside looking in, everything east of Morehead and straight up north to Vanceburg(Lewis County) and straight down south to Middlesboro is considered eastern ky and anything considered eastern ky is considered the mountain area whether there are mountains or not. Technically, Williamsburg should be considered west, but their somewhat close to that cutoff line, even if it is over an hour drive.
Russell isn't really a mountain team as it's defined maybe but I would much rather be called a mountain team than a Northern Ky team. Lol
baseball1974 Wrote:Outside looking in, everything east of Morehead and straight up north to Vanceburg(Lewis County) and straight down south to Middlesboro is considered eastern ky and anything considered eastern ky is considered the mountain area whether there are mountains or not. Technically, Williamsburg should be considered west, but their somewhat close to that cutoff line, even if it is over an hour drive.

only thing Williamsburg is west of is Virginia. you are terrible at geography.
Pulling for the MTS
pjdoug Wrote:only thing Williamsburg is west of is Virginia. you are terrible at geography.

Corbin is more east than Williamsburg. Their also 20 minutes from each other. Which side does Corbin compete on?
baseball1974 Wrote:Corbin is more east than Williamsburg. Their also 20 minutes from each other. Which side does Corbin compete on?

"They're" less than 20 minutes apart and both in Whitley County which is Southeastern Kentucky Confusedtare:
pjdoug Wrote:"They're" less than 20 minutes apart and both in Whitley County which is Southeastern Kentucky Confusedtare:

So then if one is in the east they both should be and visa versa?

Did they cover that in English this morning? I'm happy you started listening in class.
baseball1974 Wrote:So then if one is in the east they both should be and visa versa?

Did they cover that in English this morning? I'm happy you started listening in class.

They are both obviously in the east.if you had ever been in class you would know that, kid.
pjdoug Wrote:They are both obviously in the east.if you had ever been in class you would know that, kid.

Then why is Corbin playing out of the west?
:popcorn: