• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport vs NCC ( Regional Finals )
Thoughts and Predictions. :popcorn:
Newport 28
NCC 24

Confusederiously:
NCC 37
Newport 24
Newport has the talent to win this one, not sure they have the coaching...
Newport by 1.
NCC as usual.
Nothing like two neighbors getting together and working things out. NCC won last time 22-17. I think NCC was still coming off the "hangover" of playing their big school schedule. Although Newport's qb has played exceptional all year, Ncc's soph qb has gotten better along with their line play. Newport's Johnson is a man in the middle at 6'2 320 and will give most teams fits. NCC has had 3 senior lineman playing considerable time since they were soph's, so I think if they can help limit Johnson's activity NCC has a better than average chance of winning. I think Newport's skill players are equal if not better than NCC's players, so whoever executes better will have the advantage. Lastly, these teams tend to pick up a lot of personal fouls when they play one another. Whoever gets the untimely penalty can be the difference in this game. It will be close, NCC 28-Newport 19.
I'm taking Newport in the rematch by a TD or less.

Newport 27
NCC 21
Won't be close, the cats in a rout. 27-0! Boom!
So NCC is home team but plays their home games at Newport, who has the home field advantage? Does Newport have to give up home teams locker rooms to NCC?
I consider myself a NewCath fan, but I would dearly love to see the Wildcats pull this one off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:I consider myself a NewCath fan, but I would dearly love to see the Wildcats pull this one off.

It would be nice to see Newport win. When was the last time they made it to the semi finals?
sstack Wrote:It would be nice to see Newport win. When was the last time they made it to the semi finals?

2005? NewCath was 1A back then and Newport lost to Russell. Not sure of the round, but it was a close game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
nuclear option Wrote:Won't be close, the cats in a rout. 27-0! Boom!

You wish!!
Ncc
sstack Wrote:It would be nice to see Newport win. When was the last time they made it to the semi finals?

I'm pulling for Newport, but NCC is a tough out even when having a down season Smile
I will root for NCC. As a seasoned playoff team, they should win.