Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2015
After a (7-5) season and a second round lost to Lexington Catholic. Rockcastle is now looking forward to the 2015 season. Rock returns a bulk of its offence and defense.

Notable returning players

Brent Lovell, 1335 rushing yard, 10 Rushing TD's in 11 games as a Freshman.
Holdan Barnett 305 Rushing yards, 5 Rushing TD's in 6 games as a Freshman.
Devon Robinson 592 rushing yards on 118 attempts, 1 rushing TD. as a Sophomore.
Dalton Rowe 499 rushing yards, 7 rushing TD's, in only 5 games before season ended injury during his sophomore season. He is a big time play maker for rock.
Chase McClure 180 Rushing yards, 3 rushing TD's, in his only two games in his sophomore season before he was injured. He was also a big time play maker.
Dylan Rowe, was injured for majority of his Junior season but is one heck of athlete and play maker.
Emmanuel Miller, only saw limited time in varsity as a freshman, mostly as kick returner, as great size and speed. could be a threat next season.
Austin Mills is a big part of Rocks D. Hard nose play and was only a sophomore this season.
Lucas Jones, Good size kid only played defense as a sophomore.
Isaac McClure, another good sophomore who played Defense on Varsity.
Dakota Bishop, Sophomore started his first varsity season at QB, had 520 passing yards with 6 passing TD's and 2 Rushing TD's.
Cant forget the big guys Rock returns sophomore lineman, Jacob Blair, Jarrod Robinson, Caleb Kirby, Austin Saylor, and junior Hunter Hines.

This is not 100% set in stone. this is just talk as of now, games for next year
Danville, Garrard County, Pulaski County, Somerset, Whitley County, I think there's one more non district game.
District games are
Knox Central, Wayne County, Clay County, Russell County,
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:After a (7-5) season and a second round lost to Lexington Catholic. Rockcastle is now looking forward to the 2015 season. Rock returns a bulk of its offence and defense.

Notable returning players

Brent Lovell, 1335 rushing yard, 10 Rushing TD's in 11 games as a Freshman.
Holdan Barnett 305 Rushing yards, 5 Rushing TD's in 6 games as a Freshman.
Devon Robinson 592 rushing yards on 118 attempts, 1 rushing TD. as a Sophomore.
Dalton Rowe 499 rushing yards, 7 rushing TD's, in only 5 games before season ended injury during his sophomore season. He is a big time play maker for rock.
Chase McClure 180 Rushing yards, 3 rushing TD's, in his only two games in his sophomore season before he was injured. He was also a big time play maker.
Dylan Rowe, was injured for majority of his Junior season but is one heck of athlete and play maker.
Emmanuel Miller, only saw limited time in varsity as a freshman, mostly as kick returner, as great size and speed. could be a threat next season.
Austin Mills is a big part of Rocks D. Hard nose play and was only a sophomore this season.
Lucas Jones, Good size kid only played defense as a sophomore.
Isaac McClure, another good sophomore who played Defense on Varsity.
Dakota Bishop, Sophomore started his first varsity season at QB, had 520 passing yards with 6 passing TD's and 2 Rushing TD's.
Cant forget the big guys Rock returns sophomore lineman, Jacob Blair, Jarrod Robinson, Caleb Kirby, Austin Saylor, and junior Hunter Hines.

This is not 100% set in stone. this is just talk as of now, games for next year
Danville, Garrard County, Pulaski County, Somerset, Whitley County, I think there's one more non district game.
District games are
Knox Central, Wayne County, Clay County, Russell County,

You have a good young team that should be much better next year,but looks like their schedule could be brutal.
Whitley is not on schedule!
footballfever Wrote:Whitley is not on schedule!

Whitley is no longer playing Rockcastle?
no. Whitley Rock will not play 14'15 season.
footballfever Wrote:no. Whitley Rock will not play 14'15 season.

Who will Whitley play? Do you know yet?
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley is no longer playing Rockcastle?

Why did Whitley back out of playing?
former Wrote:Why did Whitley back out of playing?

back out? they were probably afraid you might hurt them:hilarious:
pjdoug Wrote:back out? they were probably afraid you might hurt them:hilarious:

Probably very true

It would have been a home game for whitley too.
former Wrote:Probably very true

It would have been a home game for whitley too.

:Sad04:
pjdoug Wrote::Sad04:

It is sad that we wont get another win.

It is sad you duck us.

Id cry too
I was predicting a great season but that is a killer schedule. This could be a classic case of "better team, worse record"
former Wrote:It is sad that we wont get another win.

It is sad you duck us.

Id cry too

Your mental state is what makes me sadConfusednicker:
LWC Wrote:I was predicting a great season but that is a killer schedule. This could be a classic case of "better team, worse record"

the schedule looks to be a gauntlet for sure.
Somerset was 0-10 this year.

Danville and Garrard are getting better from what I hear

Pulaski will be very good

Not sure who else we got since Whiltey backed out.
former Wrote:Somerset was 0-10 this year.

never heard of Whiltey
former Wrote:Somerset was 0-10 this year.

Somerset Played a brutal schedule. They will contend for a 2A title next season.

Rock/whitley has been under contract to play for 8 years. you hardly ever see a see a non district series or a border rivalry last over 8 years.

Im disappointed Madison southern will not re-sign there contract to keep this game going. It was a huge rivalry that always has a big crowd.
I don't know who backed out, but, the Rock Whitley games have been on a pretty even keel for the last several years. I've been to every one since 08 and I'd like to see them play again as well as Rock and Mad. So.
Whitley Co. made the calls to play the game. Fact. Whitley did not back out. If Rock wanted to play all they had to do is call back.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Whitley Co. made the calls to play the game. Fact. Whitley did not back out. If Rock wanted to play all they had to do is call back.

no way rock backed out of a win.
we will be pretty loaded, way better than this year and would have loved to play whitley again
Did not say Rock backed out. Just no calls were made to Whitley. Maybe schedules did not match back up, IDK. Not saying anything but Whitley made the calls to play.
I would like to see rock back playing corbin, bell, swpulaski
former Wrote:I would like to see rock back playing corbin, bell, swpulaski

Me too!!!
papagrit Wrote:I don't know who backed out, but, the Rock Whitley games have been on a pretty even keel for the last several years. I've been to every one since 08 and I'd like to see them play again as well as Rock and Mad. So.

I agree, if it were up to the coaches they would, but the administration from BOTH schools said no...I think it's Bullshit!...sorry but it's how I feel.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Somerset Played a brutal schedule. They will contend for a 2A title next season.

Rock/whitley has been under contract to play for 8 years. you hardly ever see a see a non district series or a border rivalry last over 8 years.

Im disappointed Madison southern will not re-sign there contract to keep this game going. It was a huge rivalry that always has a big crowd.

Somerset had a down year but they are always tough and I expect them to contend next year,too.
papagrit Wrote:I don't know who backed out, but, the Rock Whitley games have been on a pretty even keel for the last several years. I've been to every one since 08 and I'd like to see them play again as well as Rock and Mad. So.

I hate to see the series end.
former Wrote:no way rock backed out of a win.
we will be pretty loaded, way better than this year and would have loved to play whitley again
I think You are already loaded
:thatsfunn
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I agree, if it were up to the coaches they would, but the administration from BOTH schools said no...I think it's Bullshit!...sorry but it's how I feel.

I know Rock AD was pretty upset that this games not happening anymore. Said something that southern said it wasn't in there best interest of the school to play any more. Don't really understand that. Its a big time money maker for the schools, and good for both community's.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I know Rock AD was pretty upset that this games not happening anymore. Said something that southern said it wasn't in there best interest of the school to play any more. Don't really understand that. Its a big time money maker for the schools, and good for both community's.

I hate to see them stop playing with them being so close.any idea who you will replace them with on the schedule?