Poll: who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
66.67%
Russelville
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russelville vs. Mayfield 11/21/14 ( ding- ding Round Two)
Well.. lets here it folks.. russelville gave the cards fits in game one. The misdirection of Russ Qb is some of the best mayfields faced but lack of a consistant passing game may Be the death of Russ playoff run once again.. with game one inthe books it almost seemed mayfield came out flat off the buss luckly for them they pulled the win off and held Russ in the final mins of play to clench home field advantage which I believes helps the cards yeld a diff turnout for game two... wats the thoughts and game plans for both teams
The first matchup was a penalty fest. We must eliminate these drive-killing penalties.

Their D-Line gave us fits. Arnett was under pressure most of the game. He took a few sacks. We only completed 4 passes, and 3 of those were to Bright. Better protection, better passing game.

Our D looked good. We must keep their QB from getting around the end. He ripped us 2 times for 20+ yards.

Russellville is a solid team. And very fast, even on the line. I think Coach Morris and staff will make the necessary adjustments, so this game won't be a nail-biter.

Mayfield 28
Russellville 0
This will be an interesting match up.
Russellville in a rout Confusednicker:
mayfield_9 Wrote:The first matchup was a penalty fest. We must eliminate these drive-killing penalties.

Their D-Line gave us fits. Arnett was under pressure most of the game. He took a few sacks. We only completed 4 passes, and 3 of those were to Bright. Better protection, better passing game.

Our D looked good. We must keep their QB from getting around the end. He ripped us 2 times for 20+ yards.

Russellville is a solid team. And very fast, even on the line. I think Coach Morris and staff will make the necessary adjustments, so this game won't be a nail-biter.

Mayfield 28
Russellville 0

I think you are due for a new coach so you can go ahead and send yours over to my team.
Mayfield by 14.
There are no good outcomes for visiting teams in War Memorial. Do not see a path to victory for Russellville.

Mayfield 21 Russellville 7.
seriously I pick Mayfield to win 28-14
Mayfield by 14. But after that Paintsville/ pikeville fiasco, I am not sold on ANYTHING.
Russellville, as usual, has a couple of outstanding athletes and a good coach.
But if Coach Joe is good at only one thing, it is making adjustments. I believe that even though Russellville will give them probably their biggest test on the road to a state tilte, Mayfield will not make the amount of mistakes they did in the first matchup.

Mayfield 32
Russellville 21
Mayfield 24-0
I almost think Mayfield got caught with cake still on their mouth after almost a five week lay off against marshell co, a bye, and district play. Russelville came to play that game an mayfield was still stuck in the icing.... agreed with adjustments statement and feel that the Panthers threw all they had into the last meeting.. keeping that qb from passing the ball will be the second task at hand after eliminating the misdirection running game. This one could be onesided but look for coach Myers to run to the junkyard and grab a couple kitchen sinks incase this one happens to be close... stopping that rush will be key for the cards...
37-0 Mayfield
On top of the west, i met you at the caldwell game last year, and didnt take you as someone that gets high. 37 to 0 what are you smoking. Ill say 21 to 7 mayfield.
Mayfield 35
Russellville 14

:poker face:
See 64 truly is becoming a Cardinal fan. When the burg bows out, he will finally admit that he is adopting our Cards
mysonis55 Wrote:See 64 truly is becoming a Cardinal fan. When the burg bows out, he will finally admit that he is adopting our Cards

I will be keeping a close eye on Webster County next year....And 2A Leslie County :Cheerlead
mysonis55 Wrote:See 64 truly is becoming a Cardinal fan. When the burg bows out, he will finally admit that he is adopting our Cards

He has no loyalty,and is always looking for a new team:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:He has no loyalty,and is always looking for a new team:biggrin:

Always looking for an underdog team pjdoug, believe me Webster County and Leslie County is underdogs in 2A :dogbowl:
killbilly usmc Wrote:On top of the west, i met you at the caldwell game last year, and didnt take you as someone that gets high. 37 to 0 what are you smoking. Ill say 21 to 7 mayfield.

Mayfield wont let that happen twice.. they will be well prepped.. russ might score one but I doubt it.. this may seem bold but I say mayfield throws a egg on the board for the panthers
64SUR Wrote:Always looking for an underdog team pjdoug, believe me Webster County and Leslie County is underdogs in 2A :dogbowl:

I believe you.
64SUR Wrote:Always looking for an underdog team pjdoug, believe me Webster County and Leslie County is underdogs in 2A :dogbowl:

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Mayfield's in 1A, and 64 has a 1A school. Mayfield moves to 2A, and 64 has a 2A school. Interesting.
Here is an interesting tidbit for everyone.

2011 Jake Guhy was a sophomore and threw 14 interceptions on the year.

2014 Landon Arnett, sophomore has only thrown 4 interceptions thus far.
Mayfield
Mayfield by 2+ TD's.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Mayfield wont let that happen twice.. they will be well prepped.. russ might score one but I doubt it.. this may seem bold but I say mayfield throws a egg on the board for the panthers

Wouldnt bother me if you was right, wouldnt hurt my feelings if mayfield was up 28-0 at half, and 55 collected another 100 bucks from his wife.
pjdoug Wrote:I think you are due for a new coach so you can go ahead and send yours over to my team.

You maybe too late, Florida is pressing hard for him after letting Muschamp go:coach:
I don't think it will take a lot of scoring to win this game for the Cards as I see the defense taking care of business though I bet they try to pick on poor little Trajon early and often but we will be ready. Cards 28-7
Oh, trust me, we will be ready.
mysonis55 Wrote:Oh, trust me, we will be ready.

I may get loud at this one seeing as it may be the last game i can attend this year.
Why would you let this one be the last?