Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cov Cath/Highlands
CCH goes into this one with a tremendous confidence boost pasting JC and knowing the Bluebirds struggled against Ashland who in turn were blasted by the Eagles just a few weeks ago. I am thinking the advantage goes to CCH in this one as Highlands struggles with the question "Are we really as good as folks say we are?". One thing's for sure, CCH will bring a fan base this week....:flame:
Highlands 28-14. How long has it been since they weren't in the championship game?
Cov CVath has improved but Highlands wins by 10.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:CCH goes into this one with a tremendous confidence boost pasting JC and knowing the Bluebirds struggled against Ashland who in turn were blasted by the Eagles just a few weeks ago. I am thinking the advantage goes to CCH in this one as Highlands struggles with the question "Are we really as good as folks say we are?". One thing's for sure, CCH will bring a fan base this week....:flame:

You are absolutely clueless my friend. Maybe you should head back to Bellevue instead of getting on multiple sites to bash Highlands and their players especially when you are an outsider that has moved into the city limits. Go back to where you came from.
Highlands owns Cov Cath. If Cov Cath takes some chances they might be able to pull the upset. That said Highlands knows how to win in Nov. Highlands wins this game.
I am going to say Highlands by at least 48 points. They played the worst game of the history of Highlands football against Ashland. It was cold. Baker had an ordinary game outside of two extremely long touchdown runs. If Ashland had not caused a couple of red zone fumbles, Highlands would have scored at least 44 points and would have probably put a running clock on Ashland in the second quarter.

Meanwhile, Covington Catholic struggled to beat a team that played the weakest schedule any Kentucky team has ever played in a season. It all points to a huge rout by the 'Birds.

(Highlands trolls making their annual pilgrimage from the NKY Bluegrass website, please feel free to copy, paste, and sign this prediction. I just thought I would save you some typing.)
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:CCH goes into this one with a tremendous confidence boost pasting JC and knowing the Bluebirds struggled against Ashland who in turn were blasted by the Eagles just a few weeks ago. I am thinking the advantage goes to CCH in this one as Highlands struggles with the question "Are we really as good as folks say we are?". One thing's for sure, CCH will bring a fan base this week....:flame:

This game is home game for HHS and they blasted them last meeting, you really think CCH has the advantage? No way, they are underdog and a win would be an upset.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am going to say Highlands by at least 48 points. They played the worst game of the history of Highlands football against Ashland. It was cold. Baker had an ordinary game outside of two extremely long touchdown runs. If Ashland had not caused a couple of red zone fumbles, Highlands would have scored at least 44 points and would have probably put a running clock on Ashland in the second quarter.

Meanwhile, Covington Catholic struggled to beat a team that played the weakest schedule any Kentucky team has ever played in a season. It all points to a huge rout by the 'Birds.

(Highlands trolls making their annual pilgrimage from the NKY Bluegrass website, please feel free to copy, paste, and sign this prediction. I just thought I would save you some typing.)

I know that is sarcasm, but you are not too far off. I would predict the game to be closer than last meeting, around 17-21 point win.
HHS did play probably worst game of season (Campbell game was close), and yes HHS could have been up comfortably if they did not play like crap inside 5 yard line twice (first time terrible play calling and give Ashland credit for stopping them, second time unforced turnover on terrible snap), and no points on last drive of half with poor clock management. Say what you want about Baker, he was not impressive except for 2 runs (160 of his yards where on those runs). On the 96 yard run HHS had D tight to line of scrimmage and the O line opened a nice hole and he used his god given speed and no one could catch up to him (I credit the O line on that TD, nice blocking). Second long run basically same thing. Rest of game he did very little, yes it was ordinary at best rest of game. With HHS offense they will be happy to give up two long runs if that is the whole offense; need to score more than that to beat them.
As for the CCH/JC game, we played them at full strength and blasted them, JC played them very banged up without starting QB and got beat. How come HHS is only team that is not allowed to have a bad game? If HHS fans state after a game that they played bad, it is always taken as an excuse. No, Ashland played tough and Highlands won despite playing poorly. Take the win and move on. I am sure they will play better with Cov Cath coming to town next week.
Highlands - 37

Covington Catholic - 14
sstack Wrote:I know that is sarcasm, but you are not too far off. I would predict the game to be closer than last meeting, around 17-21 point win.
HHS did play probably worst game of season (Campbell game was close), and yes HHS could have been up comfortably if they did not play like crap inside 5 yard line twice (first time terrible play calling and give Ashland credit for stopping them, second time unforced turnover on terrible snap), and no points on last drive of half with poor clock management. Say what you want about Baker, he was not impressive except for 2 runs (160 of his yards where on those runs). On the 96 yard run HHS had D tight to line of scrimmage and the O line opened a nice hole and he used his god given speed and no one could catch up to him (I credit the O line on that TD, nice blocking). Second long run basically same thing. Rest of game he did very little, yes it was ordinary at best rest of game. With HHS offense they will be happy to give up two long runs if that is the whole offense; need to score more than that to beat them.
As for the CCH/JC game, we played them at full strength and blasted them, JC played them very banged up without starting QB and got beat. How come HHS is only team that is not allowed to have a bad game? If HHS fans state after a game that they played bad, it is always taken as an excuse. No, Ashland played tough and Highlands won despite playing poorly. Take the win and move on. I am sure they will play better with Cov Cath coming to town next week.
Like I said, I was just trying to save you some typing, but you added an excuse or two that I missed.

BTW, Baker rushed for 29 yards on 10 carries against Johnson Central in a 42-7 loss, but Long ran for 82 yards on 7 carries. It is tough to shutdown two runners as talented as Baker and Long in the same backfield, and they may bust loose for huge yardage next year, but maybe Highlands should have studied the Ashland/JC game video before their game against the Tomcats. I was really surprised that Highlands did such a poor job defending Baker last night.
sstack Wrote:This game is home game for HHS and they blasted them last meeting, you really think CCH has the advantage? No way, they are underdog and a win would be an upset.

Not the better team, but yes, they'll have much more of a mental advantage than they had prior to last week for sure. It will be a much closer game, no blowouts in this one.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Not the better team, but yes, they'll have much more of a mental advantage than they had prior to last week for sure. It will be a much closer game, no blowouts in this one.

I agree no blowout, but you never know when these two meet. I still think HHS wins comfortably if they do not play like they did against Ashland. Mentally, i still think COV CATH thinks it can not get past HHS, not that they would ever admit to that.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Like I said, I was just trying to save you some typing, but you added an excuse or two that I missed.

BTW, Baker rushed for 29 yards on 10 carries against Johnson Central in a 42-7 loss, but Long ran for 82 yards on 7 carries. It is tough to shutdown two runners as talented as Baker and Long in the same backfield, and they may bust loose for huge yardage next year, but maybe Highlands should have studied the Ashland/JC game video before their game against the Tomcats. I was really surprised that Highlands did such a poor job defending Baker last night.

Someone has Highlands stuck in his head.
2thumbs Wrote:Someone has Highlands stuck in his head.
Highlands
Don't see anyone that is better than Highlands!! Highlands by a couple scores.
Highlands Bluebirds as usual.
Cov Cath by a bunch in this one
Highlands - 34

Covington Catholic - 21
jim rome Wrote:Cov Cath by a bunch in this one

I don't think that is ever happened in this rivalry. All Cov Caths victories have been close ones. A 10 point margin is the biggest its ever been (playoff 2006).
In the beginning of the year I picked Covcath to win it. I was wrong. Highland's by 3 td's.
Game Day! Cold weather might slow up HHS passing game a little, but I just do not see this game being closer than 14-21 points. Cov Cath needs to hope HHS has a game like they did against Ashland to even come close in this game.