Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 41 Fairview 14
Final!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Raceland. Be tough team to beat. We'll coached+execute.
I said 42-14 pretty close.. Hate it for the players but I'm glad that Fairview goes home early
Congratulations Rams.
Congratulations Raceland :Cheerlead
Raceland was the better team but tonight they knew they were in a game .
Typical playoff rivalry game as Fairview hung around for a half. Raceland by far the better team, though. Rams have no reason not to see Mayfield this year now with Pikeville faltering.
rams did not impress me. we had three starters out before game started and lost three more in second half. go Paintsville
Raceland came out flat and had no answers for the Airview passing attack. We got absolutley no pressure on Roy and he made us pay for it. That coupled with our recievers playing soft and making attempts to pick Roy off, rather than make the tackle, led to the half time score being tied. When I saw Fairview come out at halftime I thought we were in trouble. But we woke up as soon as we heard the Pikeville score. Our line played alot better in the 2nd half and even though they schemed enough o the LOS to keep us out of the backfield, our DBs started really laying some massive hits on the Fairview recievers and knocked several balls loose. Fairview never quit and played to the last snap. Fairview had a much better season than I think even they anticipated. Nothing to be ashamed of for them. On to another rematch with an obviously MUCH improved Paintsville team.
Congrats to Raceland for a hard fought win. Fairview has nothing to hang their heads about. The eagles gave us all we wanted and more in the first half but in the end the Rams made the right adjustments that were necessary to win.
I had 48-18, didn't miss it by too much but most important thing is that Raceland took care of business and sent Fairview back home to end their season. And people coming on here making excuses, ALREADY, seriously? They whipped them at Fairview so bad they had over 40 before the half and now tonight they win by over 4 touchdowns, and fans coming on here saying this and that. Whatever, you all crack me up. Raceland is the better team, give them some credit. Just like Ironton, who was the better team when they beat Raceland that night, I saw a lot of Ram fans giving Ironton credit too. Come on people, and you wonder why people have a hard time with some, not all mind you, but some Fairview faithful. Go Rams! Keep your focus and do what you should/can do next week....Beat Paintsville!!!
Don't care that we did not impress you coco puff.Only thing that matters this time of the year is who won.It really puts things in perspective though.We played pretty bad tonight and still beat you.Guess what time it is Coco puffs?Basketball time or for Fairview it's recruiting season.
Fairview's glory days are over!! Can't win with boys from Westwood or better yet 42% of there school is outta district kids.. Word is 10 more years left of even being a school.
scrappy coco Wrote:rams did not impress me. we had three starters out before game started and lost three more in second half. go Paintsville

:lame::please::biglmao::gtfo::haters:
facts are facts boys and girls.
its funny at halftime they announced your test scores and were happy about being in the top 35 percent in state. Fairview was in top 12 percent ill take them scores anyday
yup facts r facts. they sure r. we had 41 of those facts this evening. 27 were unanswered in the 2nd half.
Scotty did Raceland find another gear in the second half?
hats off to the rams. I like getting doug messer all fired up
congrats Rams
we made better adjustments than they did. we played our usual soft zone cover 4 in the secondary in the first half. in the 2nd half we went to more of a man look or so it seemed from where i was sitting . which shut down the skinny post because we started jamming them at the LOS. Christian and Youg laid some absolutely vicious hits and knocked several balls loose and we had one or. 2 picks in the 2nd half. they forced 2 turnovers in the first half and capitalized. we didnt punt all night if im not mistaken and neither did they, but we managed to keep them off the field in the 2nd half as well. if we hadnr turned the ball over, it would have likely been 55-0. But, Fairview played GREAT in the first half. But I think our DBs wore their recievers out and our running game finally got going.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:we made better adjustments than they did. we played our usual soft zone cover 4 in the secondary in the first half. in the 2nd half we went to more of a man look or so it seemed from where i was sitting . which shut down the skinny post because we started jamming them at the LOS. Christian and Youg laid some absolutely vicious hits and knocked several balls loose and we had one or. 2 picks in the 2nd half. they forced 2 turnovers in the first half and capitalized. we didnt punt all night if im not mistaken and neither did they, but we managed to keep them off the field in the 2nd half as well. if we hadnr turned the ball over, it would have likely been 55-0. But, Fairview played GREAT in the first half. But I think our DBs wore their recievers out and our running game finally got going.
Fairview punted on their first two possessions and Raceland punted on their first possession.

GREAT WIN!!!
i got their on racelands first scoring drive. thanks. boogie!
scrappy coco Wrote:rams did not impress me. we had three starters out before game started and lost three more in second half. go Paintsville

It wouldn't have mattered if you had the three starters, Raceland still was the better team. I'll give the eagles credit though. They came out and fought hard, and did some things they hadn't done all year that weren't seen on film. However, the two scores they had were in short field situations due to turnovers, and once the RAM coaching staff made the necessary halftime adjustments, Fairview didn't score again; end of story, & end of your season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i got their on racelands first scoring drive. thanks. boogie!

No problem Scotty, thought you might have froze up Friday night!!!

Man this Football weather is tough on us Old Guys in the stands!!

Think I can handle 3 more weeks of it though!!

GO RAMS!!!! STAY FOCUSED!!!:welcome:
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:No problem Scotty, thought you might have froze up Friday night!!!

Man this Football weather is tough on us Old Guys in the stands!!

Think I can handle 3 more weeks of it though!!

GO RAMS!!!! STAY FOCUSED!!!:welcome:

At 26, if I am "only as old as I feel"....I am in a world of hurt lol
scrappy coco Wrote:its funny at halftime they announced your test scores and were happy about being in the top 35 percent in state. Fairview was in top 12 percent ill take them scores anyday

Sure your test scores are better, Nobody would lie in the hood! Mr. Music said so, wink, wink:hilarious:
that's right Wrote:Sure your test scores are better, Nobody would lie in the hood! Mr. Music said so, wink, wink:hilarious:

The state said so when they published the results to the public .
:igiveup:I am thrilled to say you are kinda right 64%! Raceland was 69%. Not happy myself with either, I always strive for more in education but very happy to see those results after checking the state site. I will eat my Crow over the grill lightly turned.