Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2015
Rumor is Clay is looking for new coach for 2015.
Who would be the likely candidates?
Haven't heard names mentioned. Pretty sure this is true, but still trying to get confirmation that it's taken place.
How long has the coach that is there been at CC? :thanks:
All his life. Living, playing, coaching. TIGER born and bred.
BIG TONY Wrote:All his life. Living, playing, coaching. TIGER born and bred.

I don't know the situation at CC, just wondering if he has had some success in the past with teams there he has coached? Could it be just the group going thru right now, is just not as good/strong, as other teams he has had? Just throwing this out, I don't have any CC ties and/or contacts any longer to talk to about their programs over there. Kinda curious because they were to be reckoned with in sports over there in the past.
He Coached at Clay for 3 years - winning 4 games in 2012 - 2 in 2013 and 1 in 2014.

Is 3 years enough time, should things have started turning in the right direction? What's your thoughts on how long a coach should be given to produce, and what is considered success - Winning as many or more games as the previous year? What if a fair measuring sick"
So is this rumor or fact? Either way, good luck to our neighbors to the east.
Oldtiger Wrote:He Coached at Clay for 3 years - winning 4 games in 2012 - 2 in 2013 and 1 in 2014.

Is 3 years enough time, should things have started turning in the right direction? What's your thoughts on how long a coach should be given to produce, and what is considered success - Winning as many or more games as the previous year? What if a fair measuring sick"
Started 6 freshman Fri. against Cath. Never said a word. Next man up.
Not a word? All I've heard on the radio is excuses before every game. That's just my un biased opinion tho.
I know clay has some issues with injuries this year. But I have heard that there was other troubles as well. 3 years is long enough to show which way the program is headed. IMO the program is headed in the wrong direction and now maybe as good as any to make a change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Awhile back I was talking to a successful high school coach from Oklahoma who said the BEST help he ever got for coaching high school football was out of books vs what other HS coaches shared with him. He was a young coach who won a state title in 6 years. The books he credited with helping him the most, I wrote down because I thought it could help someone else at some point. They are listed below for anyone who might be interested in helping a coach out a bit. These came highly recommend:

• Leading With the Heart By Mike krzyzewski

• Faith in the Game By Tom Osborne

• Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success By John Wooden and Jay Carty

• Quiet Strength By Tony Dungy and Nathan Whitaker

• When the Game Stands Tall By Neil Hayes :novb::novb::novb:
StormTrooper Wrote:Not a word? All I've heard on the radio is excuses before every game. That's just my un biased opinion tho.
Saw where u just joined and this is your first post. Nice time to stick the knife in a little deeper. Go ahead and get it deep. Unbiased my a**. Go for it.
Sad situation in big Clay right now but Hope Springs Eternal.
What's going on over there? Any news? Or is this completely speculation?
Pretty sure the talk is true. Hate to hear that for anyone.
So, has he been at the coaching position all his life, or 3 years?? I thought it was 3 years, and as Oldtiger said, the record has gone down hill each year. This isn't fair to the kids who want to play, IMO. There must me other issues that is effecting the turn out numbers.

Whatever the problem is, I hope it's addressed for the sake of the future of football at Clay County.
Tight End Wrote:Awhile back I was talking to a successful high school coach from Oklahoma who said the BEST help he ever got for coaching high school football was out of books vs what other HS coaches shared with him. He was a young coach who won a state title in 6 years. The books he credited with helping him the most, I wrote down because I thought it could help someone else at some point. They are listed below for anyone who might be interested in helping a coach out a bit. These came highly recommend:

• Leading With the Heart By Mike krzyzewski

• Faith in the Game By Tom Osborne

• Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success By John Wooden and Jay Carty

• Quiet Strength By Tony Dungy and Nathan Whitaker

• When the Game Stands Tall By Neil Hayes :novb::novb::novb:

I have read every single one of these, except the one written by Mike Krzyzewski. I just cannot bring myself to read it!
Confusednicker:
Pretty sure he had been the head coach for 3 years. this past season being his 3rd season.
3 seasons as head coach. The staff wanted great things but were never able to acheive them. Change is often a painful part of improvement.
How many of you all knew that Mack Brown had three 1-10 seasons in his first five years of coaching, and @ TWO different schools? Tulane and UNC. Had them at both, and two came at UNC.
I sure didn't know that!
Wasn't Clay decent like 6 years ago? I thought they put up a bunch of points.
We had a good run for about 6 or seven years. Just enuff of a run to make folks want more.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have read every single one of these, except the one written by Mike Krzyzewski. I just cannot bring myself to read it!
Confusednicker:

I know, Duke kinda sticks in my craw too! But, I had been reading his book, I can not tell a lie! BTW did you know that from 1969 to 1974, Krzyzewski served in the Army and directed service teams for three years. In 2005 he was presented West Point's Distinguished Graduate Award. Made me feel a little more hospitable towards him!! :Thumbs:
I just found out some more stuff about this Clay County team. I just want to say that I support the kids there, and wish them nothing but the very best!!!

Yes, I did know that about Krzyzewski; however, I like to remember him like this:

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...nPlB0V3ikx]

Confusednicker:
I was told by two different people tonight that they cleaned house and fired every coach on the staff but they haven't posted the head coaching job yet.
I heard two names today at M'boro school: cotton Adams and would contact Wayne Mills after season..
I could easily see Mike Whitaker from Webster County. Confusederiously:
Really hope whoever the next man in is ready for a challenge. Just four years ago Clay County was one of the better teams in class 5A with an outstanding 2011 senior class. The 2010 class went undefeated throughout middle school, am I correct? I remember watching an elementary football game in 2008 and thinking about the lack of talent across the county. I by no means will be stepping on a football field to coach anytime soon but anyone with a solid sports brain can see skill. Two players in particular stuck out to me in Sam Carr and Jacob Reid, that was about it. One went for 1,000 yards this year with a successful career and the other suffered an early season injury. There was a time when Clay County had several really good grade school football teams and each had 3-4 players with potential. Now, there may be 2-3 over the entire county that you can see glimpses of light. I know we've also shut down two schools in the last decade and overall enrollment at the high school has went down. I also understand that not everyone shows their talent at a young age. The program can be fixed but it starts at the bottom. I understand this is a football forum, I love the sport and people may/will get mad but in Kentucky and specifically Clay County, you don't really have to make kids play basketball. For this program to rise back to where it was when they had a future 10,000+ passing yards quarterback at the DII level or a 2011 team that was 8-4 in 5A, it starts at the grade school level.