Poll: Who do you think wins this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Simon Kenton
71.43%
Lafayette
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton/Lafayette Predictions Playoffs Round 2
Who do you think wins and why?
Powell should have another great game.
This should be a pretty evenly matched game. I give SK slight advantage with the home field.
sstack Wrote:This should be a pretty evenly matched game. I give SK slight advantage with the home field.

There lies the rub...

This game is at Lafayette, 7:30 kickoff. You almost had a few folks upset at you for showing up to Independence only to curse sstack for the misinformation...

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
It is going to be a cold Friday night.
^ it's not going to be that warm...

Windchills in the teens-early 20s. It's that time of the year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
You got to keep winning to play when it is cold. Everybody plays when it is warm.
This is one of, if not, the best match ups of the week and the playoffs. Both teams are very balanced with two great backs, Malik Robinson for Lafayette and Dillon Powell for Simon Kenton. Both teams tend to lean towards their running game in close games. The difference in this one will be how well the Simon Kenton defense can contain Walker Wood the QB. He can put up over 300 all-purpose yards before you even look up. He can throw to one of his many receivers that are all great athletes, especially Dontavion Jackson, or he can simply run it himself. One thing about him is there hasn't really been a team all year that could contain him. Simon Kenton can also go to the air to the Heflin kid and the Winkler kid. Their both good athletes. Powell will also catch the ball as well. I have worked it out to where I am going to be able to attend this one, and I can't wait to see this game. Probably the best second round game in the state.
I'll take SK in a close one.
Spirit100 Wrote:There lies the rub...

This game is at Lafayette, 7:30 kickoff. You almost had a few folks upset at you for showing up to Independence only to curse sstack for the misinformation...

Confusednicker:

OOPS!! I change my pick then, I give Lafayette the slight edge. Sorry UKFan. Confusednicker:
Lucas vs. Lucas? Well almost. Lafayette Offensive Coordinator Alex Mathews is a former QB for Collins Head Coach Jerry Lucas while both were at Shelby Co.
Next!
Marksberry got his 100 win.