Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fort Thomas Highlands
82.50%
Ashland
17.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Fort Thomas Highlands 11-14
Thoughts predictions? Can Ashland make a game of it?
Fort Thomas 48
Ashland 6
Highlands-55
Ashland-12
No love for the CATS!!
It would be great to see Ashland give Highlands a good game, but I just don't see it happening. Ashland has a very talented backfield but their offensive line has to let Baker and Long get to the line of scrimmage without getting hit if the Tomcats are going to avoid a first half running clock.
Highlands wins this one, 56-21.
Highlands by 5+ TD's.
Can someone give me an analysis of Highlands? I've seen Ashland play but I've never got to see Highlands. Are they big up front, do they have a stud QB, someone elaborate. Please and thank you.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Can someone give me an analysis of Highlands? I've seen Ashland play but I've never got to see Highlands. Are they big up front, do they have a stud QB, someone elaborate. Please and thank you.
Can only tell you from my experience 2 years ago. #s is a big factor. FTH has good size and speed good QB keep their kids fresh. Always substituting wrs, rbs, dbs lbs wearing teams down. Run the spread against us sending 2 wrs on fly patterns every play and then sending on new wideouts to do the same thing again over and over. Ashland 2 years ago should of had the lead at half and was only down 2 but the team looked like they had played a full game plus a couple of overtimes. Not sure of roster size this year but freshman included FTH dressed 142 players 2 years ago. No one plays both ways or special teams. Their depth really wears teams out.
Highlands 35-14
T-CATS Wrote:Can only tell you from my experience 2 years ago. #s is a big factor. FTH has good size and speed good QB keep their kids fresh. Always substituting wrs, rbs, dbs lbs wearing teams down. Run the spread against us sending 2 wrs on fly patterns every play and then sending on new wideouts to do the same thing again over and over. Ashland 2 years ago should of had the lead at half and was only down 2 but the team looked like they had played a full game plus a couple of overtimes. Not sure of roster size this year but freshman included FTH dressed 142 players 2 years ago.

good description.they are well coached,fundamentally sound and don't beat themselves.
Long long and painful night for the kitties. Ft Thomas continues their dominance over everybody from this area. Baker will get his but that will be all Ashland gets.

Kitties- 14

Highlands- 42
Why bother with a poll? Most likely, a running clock.
Cats have no chance. Running clock.
From what I have heard Ashland plays pretty physical.
UK1fan Wrote:From what I have heard Ashland plays pretty physical.

Are you referring to their football team or their band?
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Can someone give me an analysis of Highlands? I've seen Ashland play but I've never got to see Highlands. Are they big up front, do they have a stud QB, someone elaborate. Please and thank you.

Their QB is from good stock:biggrin:, Dad played in NFL; he is big,elusive, cannon for an arm and very good runner. He is their key offensive player. Venneman is top WR with very good hands and one of fastest runners in KY (won 200 meters and 2nd in 100 meters at state meet). Good group of WR's with him but they have been a lot of drops last couple of games. Good but not great running game, with ball spread out between a big bruising RB and a smaller fast RB. Line play has been very good on O. Highlands can run or pass, coaches will take what the D gives them. They also run no huddle, hurry up O. Kicker puts it in endzone 90% of time on kickoffs, punts inconsistent. Kickoff returners fast but have struggled some this year. Kickoff teams have given up some yardage on kicks not put in endzone. On D Highlands like always plays to not give up the big play; they will give up yardage but play very good in redzone. Passing teams tend to give Highlands more trouble than teams that rely heavily on the run.
Jared Lorenzen beats up on Arliss Beech.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Ashland won't beat them throwing. Last night Ashland had a new wrinkle which may or may not work for them against FTH. Baker was running the (WILDCAT) they call it the TOMCAT. Baker will have to go off for Ashland to have a chance. He will need to score a bunch, had 6 TDs last night and will need that and maybe more. Baker is capable of taking over the game if and that's a big if their line can open up some holes for him along with Long, Prince and Sutton. If Ashland can shorten the game and have long sustained drives and FTH has an off night, they might have a chance.
Weather could be a huge factor in the game also. Suppose to be cold and chance of snow not ideal conditions to throw it around.
T-CATS Wrote:Weather could be a huge factor in the game also. Suppose to be cold and chance of snow not ideal conditions to throw it around.

HHS no stranger to playing in cold weather, it would not be a factor. Heavy rain or very heavy snow that affects visibility would be only problem for passing game.
Ashland has two very good running backs but lacks somewhat in the size department to get a good push off the ball. Defensively they have done well now that Baker is playing in the secondary and have one of the better LB's in the tri-state area. Not sure if Long plays in the secondary but it may be wise to have him play over the top on Venneman to prevent the onslaught of deep balls. Regardless of what they decide to do, to win this game they will need to sustain long drives and keep the Highlands offense on the sidelines to have any shot at all.
Wildcat, Thomcat, Pussycat, Kitcat, call it what you what it's not going to matter.
Ashland is a huge underdog. No ones naive here. If Ashland can play their best football game of the season and get beat, I can live with that. I just want them to play up to their ability, and try to make a game of it.

highlands is really freaking good.... that about sums it up LOL

WOULD LOVE TO SEE ASHLAND PULL UP THE UPSET OF THE SEASON BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Birds 55
'cats 14
Highlands runs the clock.
UK1fan Wrote:From what I have heard Ashland plays pretty physical.

Talking about playing physical, I give big hand to Boyd. They had some boys on that team that played tough and laid some good hits. Expect Ashland to do the same.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland is a huge underdog. No ones naive here. If Ashland can play their best football game of the season and get beat, I can live with that. I just want them to play up to their ability, and try to make a game of it.

Honest and truthful post.
Baker is fired up to get his shot at FTH. Will be his first and last chance to play them. Hope the rest of the team shares his enthusiasm.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker is fired up to get his shot at FTH. Will be his first and last chance to play them. Hope the rest of the team shares his enthusiasm.

If you people can't get your team up for FTH, in light of your past "history" against the Bluebirds, you may as well not make the trip north. Of course, it may be a real uplift to know that your region will lose two of its only three competitive teams next year.

If Baker is "fired up", we will certainly see if it is real fire and not a fizzle. I doubt it will matter.