Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
64.71%
Estill County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County @ Russell 11/14
Thoughts/Predictions
Russell
Hopefully it's a good, injury free game. I know Estill hasn't defeated Russell since 2003 but this is the best Estill team that has ever been put on the field.

Good luck to both teams
Russell by 2 TDs
I'm pretty sure this game is at Estill County. On the bracket, the bottom team is away and Russell is the bottom team in this game.
No this game is at Russell.
Nvm. It is at Russell. I was thinking of something different.
Estill by a TD
I see Russell grinding out a win in a close one at the Hank next Friday night in flatwoods. Russell's defense will be the difference. Spread teams are usually better at defending spread teams. Josh Wills and TJ will be able to cook up a good scheme and put Russell's skilled players in positions where they have opportunities to make plays. I can't see Estill being able to constantly outfox and pick apart Russell passing the ball night. Russell will attempt to come out and establish ball control and their dominance on the ground. If they have any success at this Estill will be in trouble. I see Conley getting lose late and making a big run to seal the deal.

Russell-31

Estill- 21
Estill County 35
Russell 28

I just like underdogs. :Cheerlead
Estill 26
Russell 21
These two met last year in the playoffs. Both are improved. I see the game going much the same way as it did a year ago though.

Russell 42
Estill 21
Sticking with Estill in a close one.... If Estill can keep Russell pinned deep, they have a good shot.... As good as 'T' is, I'm going with difference being Tipton's leg keeping Russell deep and a FG late to pull it out,,,, Estill by 3,,,, 24 -21.
Russell by 12
Unless Jones gets hurt I see Estill pulling through in this one. The kid has the ability to put the team on his back and will them to W's
REDDEVILMANIAC127 Wrote:I see Russell grinding out a win in a close one at the Hank next Friday night in flatwoods. Russell's defense will be the difference. Spread teams are usually better at defending spread teams. Josh Wills and TJ will be able to cook up a good scheme and put Russell's skilled players in positions where they have opportunities to make plays. I can't see Estill being able to constantly outfox and pick apart Russell passing the ball night. Russell will attempt to come out and establish ball control and their dominance on the ground. If they have any success at this Estill will be in trouble. I see Conley getting lose late and making a big run to seal the deal.

Russell-31

Estill- 21

Estill isn't really a passing team, though. They throw it a little bit, but it spread-based run. FWIW, Jones is the best player on this side of the bracket, in my opinion.
Russell 27
Estill County 21
Strikeout King Wrote:Hopefully it's a good, injury free game. I know Estill hasn't defeated Russell since 2003 but this is the best Estill team that has ever been put on the field.

Good luck to both teams

You really think so?

I do know that the Trevor Jones' of the world only come to small rural towns like Irvine once in a lifetime.

Very special player.
Evils by eleventy billion.
Russell 40

Estill County 21
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:You really think so?

I do know that the Trevor Jones' of the world only come to small rural towns like Irvine once in a lifetime.

Very special player.

Yes.

I think Trevor is the fastest player to ever come through Estill even faster than Matt Richardson that was the RB in 2003 when Estill beat Russell
Strikeout King Wrote:Yes.

I think Trevor is the fastest player to ever come through Estill even faster than Matt Richardson that was the RB in 2003 when Estill beat Russell

Speed matters absolutely, but Jones' football IQ is absolute from the game I watched. Very good football player!
Both teams would not be here at this point if they did not deserve it. Baker from Ashland is faster but Jones could be more dangerous. You have to worry about him running or passing. At least with baker you knew he was running. The Russell team have scouted Estill as best they can and have even given Jones a new name. Johnny Manziel because they say that's who he reminds them of. Lol
Good luck to the Red Devils! Wouldn't be surprised to see this team go deep into the playoffs. Maybe BG?