Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A 1-8 for the 2007-08 Season
:yikes: WOW!! How does this get any better for Pikeville? Looks Like They will be district champs for a while!
Pikeville usually wins district even in what they are now, but I think this years district schedule is actually better than the old one because they can add one or two more non district games to the schedule to get better for the post season next year
So in actuallity, Pikeville got the worst end of the deal because of all the teams in thir district. I'm sure Coach J would much rather be in a district with only 4-5 teams so he could schedule better teams instead of the weak district schedule that he has to play now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
with that distirct fot p-ville... how they could still be ready for playoffs.. most games would be like pratice.. lol
its pikeville they will always be ready for playoffs
Jenkins had a hard time next year tho
pikeville will lose their first district game in 2026...maybe 2027
what was wrong with the district the way it was this year???? And Pikeville travelling? Bless their hearts...how about Jenkins getting a nice bus ride to PINEVILLE? No...that district is the weakest in the state..Pikeville will never lose another district game..I would like to have seen them leave it alone the way it was..
Beef Wrote:I think that belongs to Class A, District 7.

But it's not Pikeville's fault that they are in a weak district. Where do you want them to play? For the Panthers to get into a competitive district, they would have to travel way too far. Other teams just need to step it up and make it competitive :Thumbs:

Find me a District that the Panthers should be in that is within the area. They would have to jump up 2 classes to get with Belfry and Shelden Clark IMO. (not saying that would be a bad thing! But I think you can only improve one class?)
hey i never said anything about Pikevilles non-district schedule...Im not blaming ANYTHING on Pikeville..im just saying, theyll never lose another district game..nothing against them at all...but, I will give you credit on that, they play one of the toughest non-district schedules in class A
Panther1 Wrote:You say that as if Pikeville's GLAD they're in a weak district?

Playing tough competition only makes you better for the REAL season...

...thus, they've scheduled such NON-DISTRICT "pushovers" --
* Lou. Holy Cross (lost to Danville by fewer than 3 points in 3rd rd. of playoffs 3 of last 5 years)
* Ashland
* Lexington Catholic
* Belfry
* Prestonsburg
Glad you asked bigpun! I feel confident that we can be very competitive in the district next year. I feel that we will win some district games and will be definitely playing in the playoffs next year. Don't be surprised if we end up hosting a playoff game!!!!
bigpun Wrote:Anything is considered building when you go 1-9. How many distrct games will BL win next year and will they go to the playoffs. Let's hear your predictions coach.
CoachB Wrote:Glad you asked bigpun! I feel confident that we can be very competitive in the district next year. I feel that we will win some district games and will be definitely playing in the playoffs next year. Don't be surprised if we end up hosting a playoff game!!!!
What district games will you win? Here is my prediction coach: 1. Pikeville 2. Paintsville 3. Phelps 4. South Floyd. Maybe even Allen Central at the 4, but I just don't see BL winning alot or making the playoffs.
bigpun Wrote:What district games will you win? Here is my prediction coach: 1. Pikeville 2. Paintsville 3. Phelps 4. South Floyd. Maybe even Allen Central at the 4, but I just don't see BL winning alot or making the playoffs.
And it is posts like these that coaches love to hang up in the locker room at the beginning of spring ball! I agree with TidesHoss32, Pikeville WILL NEVER LOSE ANOTHER DISTRICT GAME EVER AGAIN! Yeah, Pineville is only 2 and a half hours away from Jenkins..
Don't forget about Hazard look how far they will have to go. The worst thing about the trip to Harlen county is Going over Pine mountain. That sucks on a bus. If Pikeville don't win their district every year from here on out something is bad wrong!
i think this is one of the easiest districts i've seen....pikeville/ paintsville will have it so easy...
Beef Wrote:I think that belongs to Class A, District 7.

But it's not Pikeville's fault that they are in a weak district. Where do you want them to play? For the Panthers to get into a competitive district, they would have to travel way too far. Other teams just need to step it up and make it competitive :Thumbs:

Find me a District that the Panthers should be in that is within the area. They would have to jump up 2 classes to get with Belfry and Shelden Clark IMO. (not saying that would be a bad thing! But I think you can only improve one class?)
good post!!!
Guys, I can not wait until next year! You are right PB5... this is the type of post that will help get teams fired up for next year. I lost some great seniors this year, but we will be returning a lot of starters and will be competitive in the district. One great thing about this site, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Bigpun has his as does everyone else. Next year, I hope he is ready to eat crow. If I am wrong, I will be morethan happy to have mine however he wants to cook it. I am very proud to coach the Bobcats and I hide behind no name on here, everyone knows that I am the Betsy Layne Coach. I wish all of the teams luck especially mine.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And it is posts like these that coaches love to hang up in the locker room at the beginning of spring ball! I agree with TidesHoss32, Pikeville WILL NEVER LOSE ANOTHER DISTRICT GAME EVER AGAIN! Yeah, Pineville is only 2 and a half hours away from Jenkins..

Are you serious? Pineville is THAT far away from Jenkins??? gah and I thought the bus ride to Jenkins and Hazard was bad... Oh well, look on the bright side, the players will have lots of time to rest before the game! LOL
Yes, It took us nearly 3 hours to go to Pineville from BL this year. It also took us 3 hours over Pine Mt,. on the way to Cumberland. We got to Cumberland at 7:25 and had to play at 7:45. Talking about jet lag.
Panther#42 Wrote:Are you serious? Pineville is THAT far away from Jenkins??? gah and I thought the bus ride to Jenkins and Hazard was bad... Oh well, look on the bright side, the players will have lots of time to rest before the game! LOL
yeah thats 2 1/2 hours in a car, lol...thats like 2 weeks in a bus, lol
Panther#42 Wrote:Are you serious? Pineville is THAT far away from Jenkins??? gah and I thought the bus ride to Jenkins and Hazard was bad... Oh well, look on the bright side, the players will have lots of time to rest before the game! LOL
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah thats 2 1/2 hours in a car, lol...thats like 2 weeks in a bus, lol

That's miserable, I always HATED long bus rides with a passion
CoachB Wrote:Guys, I can not wait until next year! You are right PB5... this is the type of post that will help get teams fired up for next year. I lost some great seniors this year, but we will be returning a lot of starters and will be competitive in the district. One great thing about this site, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Bigpun has his as does everyone else. Next year, I hope he is ready to eat crow. If I am wrong, I will be morethan happy to have mine however he wants to cook it. I am very proud to coach the Bobcats and I hide behind no name on here, everyone knows that I am the Betsy Layne Coach. I wish all of the teams luck especially mine.
I'll put my soul on it that BL does not beat PIkeville next year. When I asked for a prediction I wasn't expected something as guaranteed as what you are saying. That's great that you think you all will beat Pikeville, but you got a couple things coming to you if that's what you think. If I'm not mistaken Pikeville is returning 8-9 on each side of the ball. Good luck BL but your "new breed" theory was shot this year and will be done the same way next year. I do like your confidence though. That is something you got from Hillard no doubt.
bigpun Wrote:I'll put my soul on it that BL does not beat PIkeville next year. When I asked for a prediction I wasn't expected something as guaranteed as what you are saying. That's great that you think you all will beat Pikeville, but you got a couple things coming to you if that's what you think. If I'm not mistaken Pikeville is returning 8-9 on each side of the ball. Good luck BL but your "new breed" theory was shot this year and will be done the same way next year. I do like your confidence though. That is something you got from Hillard no doubt.

I don't think CoachB ever predicted he'd beat Pikeville...just that some people saying they wouldn't be 'COMPETITIVE' would have to "eat crow." I hate to speak for him, but I think he's saying they'll be right in the mix with Phelps, Allen Central, and South Floyd.

And besides, I'm not sure why a PIKEVILLE person would get defensive EVEN IF someone from Betsy Layne had predicted they'd beat them.

...Pikeville has bigger fish to fry. To worry about people making outlandish predictions (especially when they NEVER DID) is to spend time, energy, and FOCUS that could be better off spent in other, more useful pursuits.

Basically, to worry so much about Pikeville vs. Betsy Layne '07 during the '06 PLAYOFFS is like trying to kill a fly on your forehead with a sledgehammer!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And it is posts like these that coaches love to hang up in the locker room at the beginning of spring ball! I agree with TidesHoss32, Pikeville WILL NEVER LOSE ANOTHER DISTRICT GAME EVER AGAIN! Yeah, Pineville is only 2 and a half hours away from Jenkins..

Pikeville isn't actually Notre Dame, but they are a good football team year in and year out...saying that they will never lose another district game ever is ludicrous. They were beat by Paintsville in '01 on their senior night and they almost lost last season to them, but made a decent comeback to win. Teams are up and down each year so you never can tell what they are going to have.
Pikeville followed by Paintsville in this one.
IRISH4 Wrote:Pikeville isn't actually Notre Dame, but they are a good football team year in and year out...saying that they will never lose another district game ever is ludicrous. They were beat by Paintsville in '01 on their senior night and they almost lost last season to them, but made a decent comeback to win. Teams are up and down each year so you never can tell what they are going to have.
Oh really, well tell me the last time Pikeville had a down year and when you give me that year..Give me one before that...Happens every 10-12 years in Pikeville. A down Pikeville year could win the district. Pikeville's second team would probably finish 2-3!
I never did say that we would beat Pikeville!! I feel that we will be competitive in all games next year and we will win some of them. Also, it was someone else who started the New Breed. I can assure you that yopu will see a much improved and a BETTER Betsy Layne team next year.
bigpun Wrote:I'll put my soul on it that BL does not beat PIkeville next year. When I asked for a prediction I wasn't expected something as guaranteed as what you are saying. That's great that you think you all will beat Pikeville, but you got a couple things coming to you if that's what you think. If I'm not mistaken Pikeville is returning 8-9 on each side of the ball. Good luck BL but your "new breed" theory was shot this year and will be done the same way next year. I do like your confidence though. That is something you got from Hillard no doubt.
1st: pikeville goes 5-0 in district overall i seeing them going 7-3 losing to lou.holy cross, belfry and p'burg.

2nd: paintsville goes 4-1 in district losing to pikeville but overall 6-4 or 5-5

3rdConfusedouth floyd goes 2-3 district . overall they'll go 4-8 or 3-6

4th: besty layne 3-2 district maybe 4-6 overall also. i think they'll beat phelps ,allen central and maybe south floyd

5th: phelps goes 1-4 district overall either 2-8 or 3-6.

6th: Allen Central goes 0-5 district and 1-9 or 2-8 overall
Nice prediction Warrior Pride
Pikeville will dominate
"BIGPUN", I dont know why you are so negitive towards besty layne but bl can improve more and will. as for them beating pikeville well "DONT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH" i mean david beat golith.....
Well, I don't think that they can next year but you never know. I mean Pikeville is losing 25 Seniors next year, of course Pikeville just reloads year after year. But you never know if you have a group of kids willing to go that extra step! There is no offseason if you wanna be great!