Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins Football 2007
Speed always dominates size....Jenkins will have more size next year and thats always good but, if you dont have speed to go with that size your just a refridgerator sitting in the corner!
We will have a Combination of Strength and Speed, most of us lift and then go run for basketball we are in good shape for next season
All-American Lineman Wrote:We will have a Combination of Strength and Speed, most of us lift and then go run for basketball we are in good shape for next season

Sounds good, but will there still be speed training after basketball is over? and how many of the football players are playing basketball? and will only those guys get the conditioning in?
Panther#42 Wrote:Sounds good, but will there still be speed training after basketball is over? and how many of the football players are playing basketball? and will only those guys get the conditioning in?

Jenkins dont do speed training..
there about 10 football players playin b ball..
and i think jenkins will have some size and speed.. jus in different playsers.. but will have both im some players..
Panther#42 Wrote:Sounds good, but will there still be speed training after basketball is over? and how many of the football players are playing basketball? and will only those guys get the conditioning in?
No speed training is required but many of the athletes will do it on there own time, I think 10 play basketball from football, and the others that don't play basketball run on there own time
All-American Lineman Wrote:No speed training is required but many of the athletes will do it on there own time, I think 10 play basketball from football, and the others that don't play basketball run on there own time
Something being required should be supervised by a coach. On your own time doesn't mean required. Which it should be required with a coach present, so it gets done.
One of the big problems is that they don't require no speed training, or weight lifting. Some of the boys do it on there own, not many though, I could probley count them on my hand. Like I said befor they work out over the summer then quit during the time they need it the most, during the season. Only one or two of the boys this year worked out during the season. For speed traning I have never seen a football player run own there own unless they were running track, And they sure don't do it at practice. If they would require this stuff it would make the football team so much better!
football_fan Wrote:One of the big problems is that they don't require no speed training, or weight lifting. Some of the boys do it on there own, not many though, I could probley count them on my hand. Like I said befor they work out over the summer then quit during the time they need it the most, during the season. Only one or two of the boys this year worked out during the season. For speed traning I have never seen a football player run own there own unless they were running track, And they sure don't do it at practice. If they would require this stuff it would make the football team so much better!

So so TRUE!!
TRAIN85 Wrote:Something being required should be supervised by a coach. On your own time doesn't mean required. Which it should be required with a coach present, so it gets done.
Well I know that some kids at Jenkins will do it if the coach is watching or not
Panther#42 Wrote:I think most coaches would agree that they would take speed over strength any day, strength is great but if you can't move it doesn't mean anything...speed and strength must be worked on through the off season

O no man I meant like the few fast players we do have to bulk them up just a tad and the ones that aren't at all and are strong to get them even stronger.
I can honestly say that there are a few basketball players that are lifting and lifting hard.
Also about it being required, well the players that want it will do every thing possible to get what needs to be done either playing ball or running. I know that this year we are gonna have a spring team with the work outs of all the speed training stuff.
The'll finish first or second. Second under hazard.
Good luck next season....you all were better this season than usual!!! I was rooting for Jenkins in the playoffs!!! Get in that weightroom and we'll see what happens in the new district next season.:Thumbs:
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Good luck next season....you all were better this season than usual!!! I was rooting for Jenkins in the playoffs!!! Get in that weightroom and we'll see what happens in the new district next season.:Thumbs:
I agree with you decent lineman. Hit the weights hard boys.
Are you playing next year since you like to tell everyone what to do and how to do it and critique everyone...Kills me!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Are you playing next year since you like to tell everyone what to do and how to do it and critique everyone...Kills me!

I haven't told anyone to do anything, or how to do anything for that matter, i've just been asking questions, what's your problem with Pikeville people? Your obsessed like no other with us, all you do is lash out at our posts as if we didn't know a thing
If it kills you then why don't you stay away from posts from myself
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Good luck next season....you all were better this season than usual!!! I was rooting for Jenkins in the playoffs!!! Get in that weightroom and we'll see what happens in the new district next season.:Thumbs:
Thanks for the support
Panther#42 Wrote:I haven't told anyone to do anything, or how to do anything for that matter, i've just been asking questions, what's your problem with Pikeville people? Your obsessed like no other with us, all you do is lash out at our posts as if we didn't know a thing
If it kills you then why don't you stay away from posts from myself
Only thing that bothers me about you is that you don't even play football
All-American Lineman Wrote:Only thing that bothers me about you is that you don't even play football

Hm im sorry I forgot that was a requirment to post on here
It's not a requirement but you just run your mouth too much and you don't even play but you have your opinion so thats enough from me
All-American Lineman Wrote:It's not a requirement but you just run your mouth too much and you don't even play but you have your opinion so thats enough from me
Well if it's any concellation he is playing next year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:To be successful, there is no offseason in Sports!

I Agree 100% Playboy!:Thumbs:
All-American Lineman Wrote:It's not a requirement but you just run your mouth too much and you don't even play but you have your opinion so thats enough from me

Only thing i've ever said is my opnion, never ran my mouth off, just because you may not agree with my opnion dosen't mean you have to shun me for it
TRAIN85 Wrote:Well if it's any concellation he is playing next year.
How sweet!!!! ALL FOR ONE..ONE FOR ALL!!! That's what friends are for huh guys!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How sweet!!!! ALL FOR ONE..ONE FOR ALL!!! That's what friends are for huh guys!
Thats right
Panther#42 Wrote:Only thing i've ever said is my opnion, never ran my mouth off, just because you may not agree with my opnion dosen't mean you have to shun me for it
Alright that is enough we are acting pretty childish now
All-American Lineman Wrote:Alright that is enough we are acting pretty childish now

Yes we are... Well anyways, what does Jenkins return next year, and did anyone get significant playing time that didn't start?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How sweet!!!! ALL FOR ONE..ONE FOR ALL!!! That's what friends are for huh guys!

:thatsfunn
This makes 3 good laughs in under 24 hours. Thanks PB5 you are the best.
TRAIN85 Wrote::thatsfunn
This makes 3 good laughs in under 24 hours. Thanks PB5 you are the best.
Thanks, but I know I am the best!..I get that all of the time..lol..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thanks, but I know I am the best!..I get that all of the time..lol..
You really are. Nobody can make me laugh like you can!:lmao: