Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Perry's Record Do Their Season Justice?
1-8? Note the schedule Clay 1-9
Knox 7-1
Tates Creek 3-7
Johnson Central 9-0
Breahitt County 4-5
Rockcastle 6-3
Whitley County 4-6 (district runner-UPS)
Letcher County 7-2 (district champs) (OT)
Harlan County 2-7 (Also plays tough competition)
Pike Central 4-5 (Beat Letcher @ Letcher)
Southwestern 8-2 (First round Playoffs )
Not an easy road for the Commodores this year. Not a down season just tough competition. Future could still be bright for the Commodores
55-47 all record
No disrespect to Jordan but I think Haddix would of had a winning season with this team and would of went 4-0 in the district.
Every team has rebuilding years and down seasons. Believe me, I have felt every single game this season!!

But nobody needs to forget that there's nobody else out there that wants to win anymore than those kids on the field. And no matter how good or bad the skill level is, their best is their best...period.

It's really difficult when you are close to a team, and see how much blood sweat and tears they shed during the off season, and then get to season play and have an unexpected record.

So, there really isn't a choice. You go forward, work hard for the next season and play hard when it gets here!!

I love high school football!!
I apologize doresfinatic....I got distracted!

The simple answer to your question is no....it does NOT reflect their season, IMO.

I saw how crushed those kids were Friday, and I felt badly for them. They left NOTHING on that field!!!

All you can ask is that the players give 100%; the Dores did just that.
Perry does play with a ton of heart and most of them boys work real hard. There isnt much difference in any team in our district except a point or two here and there. Perry hasnt been blown out but one time this year and had to replace probably the best coach they had ever had in their history. I think Jordan will do a great job next year and hopefully he will drop Johnson Central and maybe Tates Creek from the schedule. Johnson Central is on another level. Tates Creek is to far to go for an out of district game. I say pick up Hazard and Williamsburg or someone of that caliber.
Will Perry Central beat southwestern pulaski????
If you can't beat both Clay and Breathitt you have had a down year
Before the year started, I said Perry would finish 1-10 with there only win coming against Breathitt.
This will stand.
Perry has had at least 2 games took from them. The letcher game and Harlan county so that would help some
I'm disappointed at perry County Central record. :HitWall:
PCC fans don't be afraid to call this season what it is. A Bad year.

Your just not that good this year. But don't worry Perry County it's almost Basketball season.
Jordan wasn't ready to be a head coach. He hasn't even graduated college yet. Hopefully he will turn it around and get his career back on track or he may want to get another degree.