Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel - Grant County 10/30
Non- Conference game, NL should be able to win this game after their conference game with SL last week, they may be hungry to do a lot better & really pour it on this week. I am going to stick with the JAGS again this week! :Thumbs:
Jags win this one 35 to 7. I love this team's defense. Have a real chance to make some noise in the playoffs!
Does anyone have a list of the boys that made the Priority Bowl Team the other night from SL - I didn't get them. I did write down the NL kids last names that made that team - they were: McFadden, McWhorter, Sharp, Riley, Hodge & Nelson. There were 5 from SL - 6 from NL. That must be something they do for the cross town rivalry for that game every year. :Clap:
Jaguars 21-7
Jags by 20
Jags by 20, grants offense is not very good in the wing , I think it would be better in a spread . They have a lot of speed if they would utilize there speed players more. Grant has been trying to run a power offense with no power ?
Jags win big.
Just heard at lunch today, North Laurel Junior Varsity, won the District Championship last night against Pulaski County. This team went undefeated this season. Things looking bright for North Laurel for the next few years. Guy at the Lowes Store said that the NL Freshmen were undefeated this year as well. :broom:
Jags by 14
Jags with a bright future.
North Laurel 42
Grant County 13

:Cheerlead
I suspect those jv guys will get quite of bit of time in this one, because being a non-district game against an apparently weak opponent, Larkey is not going to risk getting anyone hurt before Whitley. I would be surprised if most of the starters even see the field in the second half.
Van Hagar Wrote:I suspect those jv guys will get quite of bit of time in this one, because being a non-district game against an apparently weak opponent, Larkey is not going to risk getting anyone hurt before Whitley. I would be surprised if most of the starters even see the field in the second half.

I hope you are right. I have only got to see part of 2 different games the JV played this season (work), and they were exciting to watch. They could execute well, read patterns well on defense and make things happen quickly on offense. I just think barring something unfortunate doesn't happen to this group, they could be the best the area ever saw. Larkey's, job now is to keep the JV & Freshman playing thru HS! A job a lot of coach's would love to have with the groups coming on at North!! :wink:
By the way, you are probably aware, but in case you are not, this game is tonight (Thursday). So is the South Laurel-Leslie game in London. A lot of games are going tonight to avoid the Halloween conflict, looks like the weather is going to be better as well.
Is the game at Grant County?
Home game at the Jungle. Sr night for 13 fine young men! Wish them well and hope all their dreams come true!!
What was the final score?
Final was 34-21. North was up 34-7 in 3rd, Larkey got key players out, younger kids gave up some yardage made final score a little misleading.