Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County at Harlan County 10/30
With it being the last week of the regular season the Bobcats travel to Harlan County to take on the Black Bears on a Thursday night.

Bell County comes in with a 7-2 record and Harlan County comes in with a 2-7 record. The records doesn't matter with these two teams.

Predictions/Thoughts
Bell by 12. To much for Bears.
I'm sure its not gonna happen but if I'm HC I rest and let the younger kids play this one. BUT it probably won't happen so, HC offense is starting to click, the beef up front is opening up running lanes, offensive play calling has been good the last couple of weeks. The D is still a work in progress, if the D can get shored up then this game will be closer than most think. As for the winner, its a toss up but I'm hoping the bears can pull out this last home game for the seniors.
You'd rest the seniors on senior night and not let them play in the last home game in their careers?
HDE Wrote:You'd rest the seniors on senior night and not let them play in the last home game in their careers?
I'm starting to see why nobody likes you. I wouldnt play them the entire game no. Ask them about the bigger picture and see what the answer will be.
I guess Bell will be looking at the bigger picture, too, especially since they appear to have a better shot this year to advance a long way in the playoffs.
Well, having been a Sr. once I wouldn't want to be resting the last home game of my High School career. If I got a comfortable lead maybe then let the young guys take over for a bit to rest the Senior's but let them take it to the barn their last home game, would be my thoughts about it! They can rest when the season is over! :welcome:
Its funny how all year HC fans have blamed youth and injuries for losses, then you get a chance to rest some of those injuries and be a little fresh for the playoffs and its all bleeding hearts. BUT hey knock yourselves out. Rahh rahh go team Confusednicker:
Bobcats 27-14
Demarcus ware Wrote:I'm sure its not gonna happen but if I'm HC I rest and let the younger kids play this one. BUT it probably won't happen so, HC offense is starting to click, the beef up front is opening up running lanes, offensive play calling has been good the last couple of weeks. The D is still a work in progress, if the D can get shored up then this game will be closer than most think. As for the winner, its a toss up but I'm hoping the bears can pull out this last home game for the seniors.

looks like Larkey has taken control of the team.
pjdoug Wrote:looks like Larkey has taken control of the team.
Yeah its seeming that way
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah its seeming that way

they might win a game or two in the playoffs.
pjdoug Wrote:they might win a game or two in the playoffs.
That was my whole point of resting some of these injuries. BUT its hard to soar with the eagles when surrounded by turkeys on here sometimes Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:That was my whole point of resting some of these injuries. BUT its hard to soar with the eagles when surrounded by turkeys on here sometimes Confusednicker:

some people are set in their ways :biglmao:
You and Doug are just too smart to have to put up with us dumb Harlan Countians.

Doug, after bashing HCHS all year long, suddenly thinks they may beat the defending state runner ups in the first round just to set up Demarcus so he can say, yeah that's what I meant. They have suddenly decided Harlan County can compete for a state championship.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Its funny how all year HC fans have blamed youth and injuries for losses, then you get a chance to rest some of those injuries and be a little fresh for the playoffs and its all bleeding hearts. BUT hey knock yourselves out. Rahh rahh go team Confusednicker:

What's really funny is that you think HC fans get to decide who starts and who rests.
HDE Wrote:What's really funny is that you think HC fans get to decide who starts and who rests.
What's even more funny is the fact that you thought that's what I meant. I mean a man in your position should be able to understand what I meant by that. I know sarcasm is over your head but geez come on man.
HDE Wrote:You and Doug are just too smart to have to put up with us dumb Harlan Countians.

Doug, after bashing HCHS all year long, suddenly thinks they may beat the defending state runner ups in the first round just to set up Demarcus so he can say, yeah that's what I meant. They have suddenly decided Harlan County can compete for a state championship.
I never said HC couldn't compete. Again, you don't understand what you read. BUT let me spell it out since YOU don't have any faith in HC. PC is without Hall, BG is going into PC next week, I think I don't have to tell you what will happen to PC (although you do need things spelled out) next week. So my whole point was this Mr. Man, HC could use this chance to go into PC fresh and with a PC team coming off two straight losses, without their starting QB, with Larkey back at the helm, who knows what could happen. That was my whole point. Now even you shouldn't misunderstand that.
That's a good point. You've been a big Larkey fan from the start.
I think you're worried they might be competitive against Bell at full strength.
HDE Wrote:That's a good point. You've been a big Larkey fan from the start.
I think you're worried they might be competitive against Bell at full strength.
Oh geez dude really? My goodness see what I mean? You still don't get anything I've said over the last month. I'm done cause my 10 yr old understands better. If you figure it out come back and we can talk about it.
Here is my thought.
If we keep playing poorly on defense by not tackling and blowing pass coverage we will never win.
Our offense is starting to click and kids actually learning the offense but I we keep giving up 30+ we won't win many.
Fans beware of cut down trees and deer
I have been very quiet over the past couple of weeks cause I don't want to say something I will regret out of frustration but so much has been put in how the offense has struggled but my goodness look at our defense. This is the most unsound undisciplined defense I have EVER seen. It is not the kids, it is the scheme!
No game, about like the Whitley game for Bell..
Anyone banged up should set. That is what Bell did last year setting 2 starters including RB/LB Caldwell.

IMO I think the Bears can go win at Pulaski with the QB out.
I'm afraid HC is ready to pack it in for the year..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I'm afraid HC is ready to pack it in for the year..
The players aren't but its obvious most of the fans have been. Especially the one's on here, or the one's that used to come on here. You can tell the players want to win by the last two games, all heart.
Okay. I can see the point from both sides. In highschool football senior night is a special night. And they should play. Maybe not all game but some of the game. Atleast having a shot at beating a rival such as bell. On the other hand. A much needed rest will be needed in order for them to be 100% for any shot at a deep playoff run. Who knows how far HC will go. No one. But then again they could surprise some folks.
Im actually rooting for Harlan County in this one.

Don't get to excited. Its just that youre facing the one school that I would like to see demised more than yours.

Wait until Demarcus and I take over. Bell would cancel the series.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im actually rooting for Harlan County in this one.

Don't get to excited. Its just that youre facing the one school that I would like to see demised more than yours.

Wait until Demarcus and I take over. Bell would cancel the series.

:hilarious: You got that right...100-0 with the starters still playing
HDE Wrote:You and Doug are just too smart to have to put up with us dumb Harlan Countians.

I dont recall "bashing" Harlan County :biggrin: