Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel
I was just looking at the KHSAA site and realized: North Laurel is 10 points away from a perfect record!

Let me explain. Knox beats them by 4. Pulaski beats them by 2. Southwestern beats them by 1.

4+2+1=7. They have lost 3 games by a total of 7 points. If they score 7 total more points in those three games they tie in each game. Add one point to those ties and they win them all. Thus, 7+3=10.

North Laurel seems to be better than their 6-3 record.
Not surprised! We have been saying that NL was under rated all season! :Thumbs:
Definitely a lot of close calls for North. Great defense. Hopefully offense will turn it up in the playoffs for these young men. They have have what it takes to win the region.
Tight End Wrote:Not surprised! We have been saying that NL was under rated all season! :Thumbs:

I think most teams in the state are overrated. the whole state seems weaker than usual .
I think so to.
North has a very good bunch. They have improved significantly through out the year.
What about the North kicker? Heard he was very good. Info please
fan first Wrote:What about the North kicker? Heard he was very good. Info please

Keaton Kennedy #19, PAT 21/21, FG 8/8 and his kickoff's usually are not returnable. I believe these are accurate stats from this year.
JagSwag Wrote:Keaton Kennedy #19, PAT 21/21, FG 8/8 and his kickoff's usually are not returnable. I believe these are accurate stats from this year.

THE MOST underrated part of the game. Right here.

But, back to the thread....Chris Larkey does a great job.
Having a kicker who can consistently kick the ball to the back of the end zone, and hit field goals, give you a HUGE advantage.
Their kicker booms the ball
I see me walking the sideline in the near futures......If north will pass atleast 40%......hearing rumors Confusedinglepar
64SUR Wrote:I see me walking the sideline in the near futures......If north will pass atleast 40%......hearing rumors Confusedinglepar

You'll be back in Hyden before you know it.
64SUR Wrote:I see me walking the sideline in the near futures......If north will pass at least 40%......hearing rumors Confusedinglepar

The 'B Boys' are hearing rumors too, from what little we have seen of the JV & Freshmen this year from North & from what we have been hearing. We are thinking there could be something to those rumors. 40% yeah man, that is exciting football right there!! That will build you a *BIG HAPPY* crowd base come Friday night kick off time! Going to be some exciting football played the next few years out of good ole' London, Kentucky! South Laurel, could turn the corner too, they were the most improved team for their record, we ever saw on the field last Friday night! That SL team has made a lot of improvements since the 1st of the season according to some fans we talk football with on a regular basis. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:You'll be back in Hyden before you know it.

I like living in Laurel county, But I do love leslie county 64SUR :truestory:
Tight End Wrote:The 'B Boys' are hearing rumors too, from what little we have seen of the JV & Freshmen this year from North & from what we have been hearing. We are thinking there could be something to those rumors. 40% yeah man, that is exciting football right there!! That will build you a *BIG HAPPY* crowd base come Friday night kick off time! Going to be some exciting football played the next few years out of good ole' London, Kentucky! South Laurel, could turn the corner too, they were the most improved team for their record, we ever saw on the field last Friday night! That SL team has made a lot of improvements since the 1st of the season according to some fans we talk football with on a regular basis. :Thumbs:

I will soon be trash talking with you Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I will soon be trash talking with you Confusednicker:

Oh yeah, trash talk - I can go a round!!

:yes::Nodding:Confusedecret:
^
Whitley has a fetish for shattering Laurel County dreams.
Please come on down next Friday. So good all year only to still be 0-life in the playoffs. :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Whitley has a fetish for shattering Laurel County dreams.
Please come on down next Friday. So good all year only to still be 0-life in the playoffs. :biggrin:

What do you want to drink with your crow GUT?

I will get it for you!
Very good kicker but he has missed some kicks this year I have heard.
Still very impressed with him
JagSwag Wrote:What do you want to drink with your crow GUT?

I will get it for you!

I expect you to eat a large serving of crowSmile
We were at the game tonight. NL played their starters until the half and then - all the Sr. played (Sr. night), Freshmen played a lot (QB, FB, RB). When the starters were in, as they have been in the past, tuff core - solid - WOW that defense! Did a lot of different stuff on the field tonight, not sure how effective it will be against good competition?? They won, (30 something to 20 something - we headed to the car before the end). They would have killed them if they had kept the starters in the whole game. Sure don't blame them for letting everyone get a piece of the action & keeping players healthy before playoffs & ending it for the Seniors like they did with a lot of playing time, last home game. Freshmen looked good but they were not in with a good line - so struggled some, which was to be expected. Record 7-3

"GOOD NIGHT, Mrs. Calabash--wherever you are!"
:thatsfunn