Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 14 Pulaski 0 Final
Hard hitting game.
Pulaski isn't going to compete without Hall.
Sad ending to a promising season.
Go get em Southwestern!

What a turnaround story!
SW took opening Kickoff and marched it down PC's Throat. PC fumbled ensuing kickoff Sw marched it in on the short field and it was 14-0.

It was all defense after that.

PC had a couple more fumbles and an interception.

PC was one dimensional and the SW defense pinned their ears back and brought it to them.
Uh oh.

What a crazy season.
I guess we will still come down next week and see how good they are without Hall. I wouldn't have thought that one player could make that much difference. I think Southwestern was on track to win this game anyway. They have to be the favorites to come out of the east. Looking forward to getting back to God's country next week. The Somerset area is beautiful. I used to party at Cumberland Falls back in the day!
Congratulations to my buddy at sw. I believe I called sw to win the district while back. ₩
Told, you never count a Larry French coached team out. Cong: to a Great Coach and his team.
Very interesting outcome. Like it was said hard to believe that with out Hall PC would have that much trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
The wheels have been falling off Pulaski even before Hall was injured. I counted seven offensive plays that Pulaski ran all night tonight, the same plays they have ran for the past 10 years. You run the same thing long enough and it will catch up with you. Pulaski has survived over the years on talent alone which gets them by most games but if you watched the Mad South game I believe Pulaski ran three running plays all night and Mad South couldn't stop it. As bad as it has been this game was probably the worst offense scheme I've seen this year.
Classy bunch down in Pulaski, all 3 programs have left good impressions on me, but I can't help but cheer for the Warriors. Congrats SW!
To all the old PC Folgies who pretty much called me ignorant for saying Gregory would crack and SW would win in the preview thread thank you for being so full of the hype. SouthwesternForever.
PC had no answer to the who would replace Riley Hall question. Without Hall the O managed 6 1st down,133 yards in total offence, and multiple turn overs. SW D played maybe it's best game to date, never allowing the maroons to get anything going. Huge win to go to 8-2 on the season...
I never made a prediction on this game but I kinda just had that gut feeling but never had the guts to call it.. Congrats SW I guess my gut told me you would do it... Come playoff time I think they could do it again I'll go ahead and call it...
BJNhater Wrote:To all the old PC Folgies who pretty much called me ignorant for saying Gregory would crack and SW would win in the preview thread thank you for being so full of the hype. SouthwesternForever.

I don't know that he "cracked" under pressure. Its very hard to step into another position, especially mid-season. From my perspective SW had a great game plan that was executed to almost perfection. I thought that SW's ability to shut down the corners was by far the key to the game.
It wasnt like Pulaski defense played bad. Warriors win with only 186 yds of total offense. SW had one good drive followed by a score set up by a turnover deep in PC territory.SW defense played well but its a watered down win with PC injuries. Yes one of the best qbs in the state who was on pace to break state records being out makes a huge difference.
Congrats to southwestern on the district championship. Pulaski misses their quarterback desperately. With hall they win this game. Both defenses were great. The difference in the game were turnovers for pulaski . Gregory wasn't composed but you can't blame the kid as it's his 2nd start ever at a position that he is not used to playing and not his natural spot. Southwestern finally playing to a level they should with talent they have. Coach French does a great job but I think more than anything, the previous staff was just horrendous. An average coach would have made big improvements from years past. I look forward to seeing these teams meet again in the playoffs. With hall PC wins. Without southwestern by 1 td next time
This has to be sweet. Great turn around this year.
way to go Warriors
I called this one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pulaski isn't going to compete without Hall.
Sad ending to a promising season.

Just like you said in the preseason - Southwestern wins District 8.
BJNhater Wrote:To all the old PC Folgies who pretty much called me ignorant for saying Gregory would crack and SW would win in the preview thread thank you for being so full of the hype. SouthwesternForever.

Victory is sweet, until you have to play them again and it might not be as easy in the playoffs. Good call though.
How long is Hall out for??
bac2369 Wrote:How long is Hall out for??

He could come back tomorrow, but he couldn't be on the same level as before the injury. He looked squeamish in the Madison Southern game, before he was injured. I hope I'm wrong but I'd say he's done for the year or at least he should be done for the year.
PC definitely misses Hall. But the Gregory kid is a great athlete and seems to have a lot of class about him.
But the radio announcer said it best when they said Gregory is a wide receiver playing in the quarterback spot. He can run and throw it, but the little things like looking off defenders, is what he lacks right now.

PC will be alright by region time, because their defense is pretty darn good, and Hines will get the offense figured out.
Pretty funny how you read pre game post about how pc wont miss hall all that much and will win easily. Next man up they called it. Hall just hard to replace. He just does all the little things that an experienced QB does that most people dont even notice. Two really good defenses.
Glad for the Warriors bye week finally, going to need it to let the bruises heal from the hard hits given and taken.:redboxer: One of the hardest hitting games I've seen in awhile. Going to get to enjoy this win a couple days, before starting to prepare for the playoffs.:1:
Larry French is a class act.. Outstanding man and great coach!!!
Hall wasn't the only one missing. Also, one of the best receivers in Gregory who can't pass to himself. I also believe passing was limited last night as Gregory had an arm injury. Actually, PC had several players go out with injuries. You don't lose someone like Hall and not feel it. But I don't believe Gregory "cracked". He is a great athlete trying to play multiple positions.
Good win for SW.
I hope these two teams see each other again; ill take PC with the revenge game.

Can't imagine PC playing any worse on offense. PC gave them one score after a TO on their own 20 after SW opening drive. SW had a very nice opening drive but should've ended until an unsportsmanlike was called on what would've set up a 4th down and a few..

PC had 4 starters (to my count) go out with injury in this game; hopefully these injuries aren't to serious.