Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That one player you wish you had back
64SUR Wrote:I would love to see Tim Couch one more season. Confusederiously:

I would too. at Whitley County :biggrin:
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:justin johnson from belfry the smoothis runnin back i have seen at belfry in last ten years and i got four years of film to prove it .the backs belfry uses now not even on same level maybe one day but not now.ask haywood

Justin was a good running back, but couldn't hold Doug Howard or David Jones's jock strap. I mean that with all due respect. He was not on the same level as them. If I were to pick a past player for Belfry THIS year it would be Dewayne Francisco. He would IMO be the perfect fit for QB this year. Give a better read option and much better passing threat. The kid at QB does a good job but does not know how to read the defence all that well. When to pitch the ball or keep it and turn up field. He is getting better for his first year at Belfry but could become a problem in the playoffs.
NOrth Laurel: Has to be the Blair boys!! Gabe Blair was a beast that could sure keep the clock running with his bone brushing runs. Nik Blair could take it to the house at anytime with his speed and elusiveness. Both are the toughest kids I have seen on the football field
I Rule The World Wrote:At Leslie Co., Everyone would say Tim Couch I'm sure... But I'm not so sure that would help this team much. I mean, they average 35 points a game, so if I were to bring back one player, it would come from this list of MLB's...
Pearl Spurlock
Paul Melton
Jeff Johnson
John horton
Timmy Baker
John Brewer

Give me one of these guys back and I would be VERY happy...

I Rule The World Wrote:That is no Disrespect at all to Tim couch, we just need someone who can tackle...

I agree with you. I also would like to see J.J. Brock back.
For me, for Lewis County I would love to have Cody "Taco" Lawhun back on the defensive line for this team. Taco wore #71 on the 2011 Lewis County team that went 8-3 and won the district. He recorded 34.5 tackles for loss that season and won EKC Defensive Player of the Year along with being named Honorable-Mention All-State. Craziest part about his stats, he never weighed over 210 lbs while playing on the D-line. It would also be nice if LC's QB this season (Isaac Weddington) didn't tear his ACL 4th game of the year.
Heath Castle from Johnson Central (class of 2000)......

He might be the best athlete to ever come out of Johnson Central.

IMO...... J.J. Jude and Heath Castle are 1A and 1B.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Heath Castle from Johnson Central (class of 2000)......

JC had a guy in the late 80's named Brian Hall who was way more physically gifted than JJ Jude and Heath Castle, Hall was 6'2" tall 230lbs seldom lifted weights but benched pressed well over 300lbs. Hall also won a Regional title in the High Jump with a Jump of 6'4" I think Hall was the first player in JC history to rush for 1000 yds. in a season. Another over looked guy in JC football history is Stacy Johnson his brother Mitch is the one people still talk about but Stacy was MONSTER who nobody liked to tackle! Stacy ran for 180yds in the Apple Bowl one year. Hard telling what kind of rushing stats Stacy would have in Matney's system.
I Rule The World Wrote:At Leslie Co., Everyone would say Tim Couch I'm sure... But I'm not so sure that would help this team much.

Exactly what I thought when I read the title of the thread. LC isn't hurting on offense and really, not doing all that bad on defense that I can tell. Seems like, more than anything, they just need experience and considering that they're a pretty young team, things should only get better next season.

As for who I'd want back...I honestly don't have an answer. Having moved from the mountains in '95, I haven't kept up with the team nearly as much as I should have.
Breathitt..... Jonathon Chapman or Justin Haddix...
This is a good fun thread. I would have to back to the 80's and pick James Fletcher. With him this Somerset team has 1 maybe 2 losses.
ME.
I Rule The World Wrote:At Leslie Co., Everyone would say Tim Couch I'm sure... But I'm not so sure that would help this team much. I mean, they average 35 points a game, so if I were to bring back one player, it would come from this list of MLB's...
Pearl Spurlock
Paul Melton
Jeff Johnson
John horton
Timmy Baker
John Brewer

Give me one of these guys back and I would be VERY happy...

Well this thread turned "What a coincidence!" Friday night as 4 of the guys on that list were at the game. Pearl Spurlock, Jeff Johnson, John Brewer and current active duty NAVY SEAL PAUL MELTON gave the pregame speech in the locker room before the game. Must have helped because they tackled way better Friday night...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Did Nate Moore play college ball somewhere.... the guys I work couldn't remember.

I've heard some guy named Tiller from SC (sp?) was a blaze of lighting at RB for the Cards...

Nate went to georgetown and Pikeville College at that point. Very good player. Brad Tiller older brother to trevor tiller played in the MLB with the indians. Didnt even play his senior year of football and they say he still got a vote for mr football. Joey stepp was a beast and a great guy. Started center for Marshall 3-4 years won a national championship or two as well. Was one of the lineman who carried Leftwhich down the field late in fourth qtr to win a game that was pretty big.
If i were to bring a player back from SC it would have to be Adam Dials kid was just unreal you never saw one man tackle him. All time TD leader at SC All time yardage 6 rushing Tds in a game very very special player.
Oh i forgot to mention Bryce Workman wouldnt be too bad either.
Crossbones Wrote:Justin was a good running back, but couldn't hold Doug Howard or David Jones's jock strap. I mean that with all due respect. He was not on the same level as them. If I were to pick a past player for Belfry THIS year it would be Dewayne Francisco. He would IMO be the perfect fit for QB this year. Give a better read option and much better passing threat. The kid at QB does a good job but does not know how to read the defence all that well. When to pitch the ball or keep it and turn up field. He is getting better for his first year at Belfry but could become a problem in the playoffs.

I've only watched on film, but I liked the way Grady Moore ran the offense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yep... I think 0304 can get his hands on it. I am hoping he can share.

To this day I actually still feel bad for Joe because I thought WYMT gave him a rotten deal. The next week he went out and had a monster game and earned WYMT Player of the Week for it...but 3/4 of his segment was WYMT asking him about the stiff arm he took and showing the video. Kind of thought that was dirty of WYMT to short change the kid when he just had one of the coolest achievments of his career.

But man alive that stiff arm was beyond nasty :yikes:

I have no idea how to get that on here.
Nathaniel Lightner or Chad Dyer would be awesome to have on this year's Lewis County team as well. Two absolute mammoths who would try to move a house if you asked them to. Lewis County's line play really struggled this year and having just one of these two would have been a huge help.
I know he's still here but when he's gone we'll miss him. Of course im talking about THE Logan Morrisson. Have you seen that boy run and throw. It must be our corn dogs giving him the god like football skills we see today.
BeastCarter Wrote:I know he's still here but when he's gone we'll miss him. Of course im talking about THE Logan Morrisson. Have you seen that boy run and throw. It must be our corn dogs giving him the god like football skills we see today.

No knock on Morrison, but if he is so great why does he sometimes split snaps with freshman Taylor Hickle?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Heath Castle from Johnson Central (class of 2000)......

I'd throw Mike Bowlin into this discussion too. Great ball carrier and better LB, and high IQ. Would also be nice to see Scott Salyer back in uniform at FB/LB. Those two were great athletes also.
Eric Hopkins at Williamsburg. He was 5'4" in cleats 160lb guard and mastered the technique of getting run over and pulling the defender down without getting called for the hold.
LClion4life Wrote:No knock on Morrison, but if he is so great why does he sometimes split snaps with freshman Taylor Hickle?
Because they are both so god like in their abilities that we want them both to play. We're gonna miss Hickle when he leaves here too. We'll have corndogs waiting for the both of them when they return home :Sad04:
BeastCarter Wrote:I know he's still here but when he's gone we'll miss him. Of course im talking about THE Logan Morrisson. Have you seen that boy run and throw. It must be our corn dogs giving him the god like football skills we see today.

If you are speaking of the QB. I was there and watched the game last friday. Way to many throws either long or short to consider him elite just yet.
Four or five linemen from the 85 state runner-up team with this group of backs and receivers would take the present day Paintsville Tigers to the next level. (they had a pretty darn good backfield on that 85 team too.)
For Middlesboro we could use a QB and Jeremy Skidmore would be the obvious choice but the one player I would love to have on this team would be Floyd Branham not only for offense and defense but for leadership and the ability to make other players around him play harder.
I wish we had 10# aaron mcguire back from 2009 season for pike central that was our best year.
For Boyle co. Jeff Duggins 44-0 as starting QB 3state championships, and was also an Allstate linebacker not to mention Mr football his senior season.
For Letcher Central it would have to be a toss up between Charlie Banks, and Logan Johnson at QB. Running Back very hard to say. We only had one 1000 yard rusher. Can SK done help me with his name. First year! Charlie and Logan for sure. Eli Warren had potential but was very disappointed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hawk101 Wrote:I wish we had 10# aaron mcguire back from 2009 season for pike central that was our best year.

He was very good. Could throw and run with the best of them.