• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A District 5&6
Who will paired up in in the first round of the playoffs

District 5
1) Lexington Catholic
2) Boyle County
3) ??????
4) ??????

Mercer, Marion, and Taylor County all look like they are tied for 3rd.

District 6

1) Knox Central
2) Rockcastle County
3) Russell County
4) Clay County

First Round of playoffs

Clay County @ Lexington Catholic
???????????? @ Rockcastle County
???????????? @ Knox Central
Russell County @ Boyle County

How would the tie breaker be for the 3rd and 4th spot be in district 5.
Looks like Marion County would win the tiebreaker if Boyle beats Mercer

Taylor:
Larue Co- Most Likely 3 points
Barren Co Most Likely 5 points
Green Co- 2 points
10 Points Most Likely

Marion Co:
ACS: 4 points most likely
Washington Co: 3 points most likely
Woodford Co: 4 points most likely
Larue Co- 3 points most likely
14 Points Most Likely

Mercer:
West Jess: 1 Point Most Likely
Dunbar: 3 Points Most Likely
4 Points Most Likely

Looking like 1) LexCath 2 ) Boyle 3) Marion Co 4) Mercer Co (who then wins the Head to head over Taylor Co)
I thought the point system was only if two teams are tied
Will learn more after Friday Night Lights. Good luck to all the teams buying to get in the playoffs.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I thought the point system was only if two teams are tied

If two teams are tied it is head to head.
With this new knowledge, how do the 1st round playoff pairings look?

Who plays who, as of today?
LWC Wrote:With this new knowledge, how do the 1st round playoff pairings look?

Who plays who, as of today?

Not set in stone but as of now its like this

Clay County @ Lexington Catholic
Marion County @ Rockcastle County
Mercer County @ Knox Central
Russell County @ Boyle County
I think its pretty much set now
All the favorites will move on. Hoping for a Knox win in semis but expecting a Boyle Catholic final.
It will be nice for Knox to get Boyle on grass and not turf. On grass I think Knox has a slight advantage. On turf Boyle has it. Hope it's a Knox Lex Cath finals for region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
which district gets home field for region if both seeds are the the same
It's looking like Lex Catholic vs Boyle Co part #2, but that Knox Central ball club sure is playing some good ball. Would not be surprise to see them knock Rebels out.
Rock is the sleeper team on this side of the bracket.
Im not buying Boyle and Lex Cath as being to tough to beat.

On the flip side, the other district isn't that good.
I think the favorites win in the first round, then Lex Cath takes care of Rock, and the Knox Boyle game will be a toss up. Its at Knox.
So, to clarify. There are 5 games played in the playoffs by a state championship team?
^
5 wins gives you the championship!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:which district gets home field for region if both seeds are the the same

That's a great question Rock. So if Lex Cath and KCC meets up, who will have the home field? Can anyone answer that one? Overall record, district record, points and point against, alphabetical order, coin toss LOL?
I'm under the impression that of knox and LexCath play in the regional championship, it will be at Knox. I hope I'm right lol
FBfan4life Wrote:That's a great question Rock. So if Lex Cath and KCC meets up, who will have the home field? Can anyone answer that one? Overall record, district record, points and point against, alphabetical order, coin toss LOL?
According to Khsaa site the team in even number district hosts during even numbered year for the 3rd round. Odd numbered district would host in odd number year, so it appears this being an even year Knox being in district 6 would host over Lex Cath from district 5. Hope I got that right.
Im not 100% sure but I think it alternates districts every year. Maybe the even district plays on even years and odd district on odd years. so if both seeds are the same it would go to district 7. I think the same rules apply for the semi final with regions.
So the road for Rock is Marion County, then potentially Lex Cath, then potentially Knox Central or Boyle County on the road, right?
don't ask me. I'm still trying to figure out how the Big 10 has 14 schools and the Pac 12 has 10 schools.
granddad Wrote:don't ask me. I'm still trying to figure out how the Big 10 has 14 schools and the Pac 12 has 10 schools.

With the addition of Utah and Colorado, what used to be PAC-10 is now called PAC- 12. BIG 10 is the only conference in America that can't count. They have 12 institution but yet calls themselves BIG 10. Figure that.
my bad. it should have been Big 12 conference not PAC12. Just trying to add a little levity to this discussion.
granddad Wrote:my bad. it should have been Big 12 conference not PAC12. Just trying to add a little levity to this discussion.

it's crazy isn't it. BIG 12 actually only have 10 teams. With Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M leaving and adding West Virginia and TCU. Wait I lost count! LOL. Where does that put me? Hahaha
panther nation Wrote:It will be nice for Knox to get Boyle on grass and not turf. On grass I think Knox has a slight advantage. On turf Boyle has it. Hope it's a Knox Lex Cath finals for region.

I really don't think playing on either surface benefits either team. Just don't think it's that big a deal. Home or away much more of an advantage than surface. Just my opinion of course.
64black&gold Wrote:I really don't think playing on either surface benefits either team. Just don't think it's that big a deal. Home or away much more of an advantage than surface. Just my opinion of course.

A natural grass field tends to not hold together late in the year, If the field get wet it could turn sloppy. that would play into advantage of a power running team.
KC's field is Bermuda. The game Friday night combined with the cold weather predicted this weekend should pretty much finish it off. Now that Union College has installed lights, don't be surprised if they move the playoff games there..