• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 35 Sheldon Clark 6
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Great game Pburg
So much for Sheldon Clark winning state.:thatsfunn
Congrats Prestonsburg on the nice win.:Thumbs:
WOW.. didn't see this one coming.... good luck against Belfry P-burg
Good job, Sheldon Clark. Congrats to Prestonsburg, good luck against Belfry!
Not once but twice, great game P-burg
WOW!!! W T H happened to the cards??? I must say I'm surprised.
Like I said before, SC wasn't as good as people thought. Nice win P-burg and play like this next Friday. Let's prove those Pirates wrong. Send this rivalry out in winning fashion.
Wow...very disappointing. I expected so much better from SC. There went 1 of the best seasons SC has ever had ended like this. Congrats to P-burg on the win. Anyone know who the SC player was that got ejected?
Like I stated earlier, crow will be the entree of choice on BGR tonight, myself included. I knew P-burg could hang close but I never thought they would win again much less by the margin they did it by.
Sarrr Wrote:WOW!!! W T H happened to the cards??? I must say I'm surprised.

I think alot of people are:devilflam
I was really hoping P-burg could win and make the trip to Belfry closing the chapter in Belfry/P-burg playoff classics.
Who got ejected from SC
Greazer4life Wrote:Who got ejected from SC

I have a good feeling about who it was since I know their whole offense personally and know which ones would be aggresive enough to get themselves ejected. Dont wanna make any false assumptions though.
Good job, P-burg. Give'm hell.
The Cards had a great season better luck next year
This game is a prime example of what a big win can do for a team negatively.... SC was so focused to beat Belfry, which they did in OT, but seems to me like after that game, they really got the big head, talking about state championships and all that, I mean gees one win doesnt mean anything, and this proves that SC was thinking more about the rematch then theier matchup with Pburg, give Pburg all the credit for running it down thier throats and I expect nothing less than a classic next week on Pond Creek! I can't wait to hear Meades comments on this game, should be interesting seeing SC got thier tails handed to them. Congrats Pburg on a fine showing!
This score really shocks me.
No, we didnt really have our heads in the clouds, sure we thought we were gonna beat P-burg but we didnt overlook them. We had momentum going into the playoffs ever since the win against Belfry. I'm not sure myself what happened but it definately was not what everybody expected.
BCF4L Wrote:Like I said before, SC wasn't as good as people thought. Nice win P-burg and play like this next Friday. Let's prove those Pirates wrong. Send this rivalry out in winning fashion.

Please BCF4L...Ill give all the credit in the world to PBurg, but SC is as good as everybody thought. Every bit as good. The biggest problem with this team was their win over Belfry. They overlooked Pburg AGAIN. Dont start your SC was not as good crap. they wnet 9-1 in the regular season!! Beat a Belfry team that hadnt lost a district game in 5 years!! They got caught looking ahead by a VERY GOOD blackcat team, but that VERY GOOD blackcat team will get their butts kicked next friday...
Great Job P burg. Sorry bout your loss SC. Hold your heads up boys You had a great season.Nothing there to be ashamed of.We look forward to many great games in the future.Again Great job P burg. Cant wait till next week.Should be a classic with the ball you guys are playin now.
Congrats to P-burg! I'm not as surprised by the win as by the margin. SC must have went to sleep on this one.
Honestly, I would like to blame this on the refs, but I really can't. Despite 3 or 4 bad calls in the beginning, they straightened up to call a pretty fair game.

Now, lets blame who actually needs blamed here. Sheldon Clark played the WORST defense (and the offense didn't do anything special, either) I have honestly EVER seen in my life. I don't understand how a team can go on someone's HOME FIELD and underestimate them ONCE AGAIN when they beat your ass in the regular season. The Cards thought just because they beat Belfry that they got Game 1 of the playoffs handed to them? Prestonsburg obviously went out there with more heart and will to win than you all even gave a second THOUGHT about having.

Honestly, even though your pride feels good because "Hey, you beat Belfry", it's quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened to you before this game. You absolutely were not ready to play football tonight and it showed. You're still back at the Rock bragging about your win against Belfry. Well, that win only hurt you by making you cocky.

And I'm sorry if I piss any SC Football players off, one being my best friend, but thats exactly what happened, and I don't care to say it.

Congratulations on a good season, Sheldon Clark. I love you guys.

Good luck Prestonsburg, beat Belfry, take em' off their high horse, you knocked us off ours.
I think SC's week schedule hurt them this year. The two toughest games they had were district games. This team might have had a great record but was no where near one of SC's best teams. I guess they will be rolling mats out in martin co next week.
I just hate this was their last year in 2a. When they dropped down from 3a to 2a i expected great things out of the cards but they seemed to fall short.
cats eye Wrote:I think SC's week schedule hurt them this year. The two toughest games they had were district games. This team might have had a great record but was no where near one of SC's best teams. I guess they will be rolling mats out in martin co next week.

Yea, at least the wrestling team will be good lol. But yea, I think it will be a while before SC does as good as they did this year. Sad to see Dials not getting anywhere around his rushing mark last season.
Good win Prestonsburg on the way home from church I was listening to the ball game score was like 21 to 6 Prestonsburg, I turned it off. Good win P burg good luck against Belfry.
twentythree Wrote:Honestly, I would like to blame this on the refs, but I really can't. Despite 3 or 4 bad calls in the beginning, they straightened up to call a pretty fair game.

Now, lets blame who actually needs blamed here. Sheldon Clark played the WORST defense (and the offense didn't do anything special, either) I have honestly EVER seen in my life. I don't understand how a team can go on someone's HOME FIELD and underestimate them ONCE AGAIN when they beat your ass in the regular season. The Cards thought just because they beat Belfry that they got Game 1 of the playoffs handed to them? Prestonsburg obviously went out there with more heart and will to win than you all even gave a second THOUGHT about having.

Honestly, even though your pride feels good because "Hey, you beat Belfry", it's quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened to you before this game. You absolutely were not ready to play football tonight and it showed. You're still back at the Rock bragging about your win against Belfry. Well, that win only hurt you by making you cocky.

And I'm sorry if I piss any SC Football players off, one being my best friend, but thats exactly what happened, and I don't care to say it.

Congratulations on a good season, Sheldon Clark. I love you guys.

Good luck Prestonsburg, beat Belfry, take em' off their high horse, you knocked us off ours.

Exactly what I have been saying, you could tell SC had the big head with decently close games with Pike Central and Magoffin. They only beat Belfry in OT and by 6 points, it was a great win but not a deciding win my a large margin so IMO SC still shoiuld have had something to prove, but they proved they had this big head and thats all..
And for your comment about Belfry being on a "high horse" Uh I think you have no clue what your talking about, Belfry is very focused right now and they never take anything for granted they are prepared each week and they keep a pretty level head, Belfry is on no high horse.. but atleast they are still on thier horse and not sitting at the house wondering what went wrong.
Not sure if the weak schedule actually hurt them or not but the bottom line is that P-burg is just the better team. Plain and simple. SC coasted into the playoffs after their win over Belfry and just never got the fire back after that game. Apparently they thought the win would come easy tonight. Overrated? Probably. Overconfident? Most definately. A very embarassing loss to end a pretty good season.
  • 1(current)
  • Next