Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEC has 4 teams in the Top 5
Miss St, Ole Miss, Alabama, and Auburn are all in the top 5 in the latest AP poll with Georgia coming in at #9. After they are finished beating each other, will the SEC have 2 teams in the 4 team playoff? My picks are Bama, Georgia, Fla St, and Oregon. I would have taken Mich St but I just have no respect for Big Ten teams at this point.The new Top 10 is:

1. Miss St
2. Fla St
3. Mississippi
4. Bama
5. Auburn
6. Oregon
7. Notre Dame
8. Mich St
9. Georgia
10. TCU (What a joke!)
I can see the SEC bias riots on ESPN now.

IMHO, there should be 3 SEC west teams in the playoffs. Whoever the next best team is may get the other seed.

If Florida State loses to any of the cupcakes left on there schedule, and ND, Oregon, Mich St all lose again, id be almost ready to put 4 SEC west teams in.

Im not so sure that Miss St., Ole Miss, Bama, and Auburn aren't eh four best tems in the country.
Sadly, they all have to play each other.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can see the SEC bias riots on ESPN now.

IMHO, there should be 3 SEC west teams in the playoffs. Whoever the next best team is may get the other seed.

If Florida State loses to any of the cupcakes left on there schedule, and ND, Oregon, Mich St all lose again, id be almost ready to put 4 SEC west teams in.

Im not so sure that Miss St., Ole Miss, Bama, and Auburn aren't eh four best tems in the country.
Sadly, they all have to play each other.

I agree that there should probably be 3, if not 4, SEC teams in the playoff but we both know that isnt going to happen. I went with Georgia out of the East and Alabama out of the West in the SEC Championship, putting them both in the playoff. However, u could put the West teams in a hat and draw one out and u would be ok in the playoff. I guess I was swayed to picking Bama based on what they did to A and M. The remainig schedule forces me to take Fla St from the ACC and I went with Oregon out of the PAC 12. If the PAC 12 teams kill each other in conference play, then Mich St could sneak in to the 4th playoff spot, providing they win out, which wont be easy. A one loss Big 12 team (Kansas St, TCU, etc.) could sneak in but I think that would be an injustice.
SEC will beat each other up. They will take turns beating each other and put a team like the Buckeyes in there who play nobody. The SEC west is like its own little playoff.
i really dont think it matters who they put in the playoff, the SEC team(s) will win it. I dont see anyone like Fla St, Mich St, Ohio St, Kansas St, or Notre Dame beating any of the SEC West teams. Miss St, Ole Miss, Bama, or Auburn will be a very tough out for anyone. I also think Georgia from the East has an outstanding team and, on a given day, could beat anyone!!