Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Betsy Layne 10/24
Who you got in this one ?
Valley should win this one by 14, but they need to be aware that the Bobcats will not be a pushover.
Will the qb for shelby valley play?
Valley's back up qb does a great job he kept them on the Leslie game and he will do a great job against BL .
No I don't think the qb. Will be able to play . I did here they may be trying to appeal his ejection from the Leslie co. Game. So we will know more thru out the week . .
BL by 1 in a upset
Shelby Valley -44
Betsy Layne -28
SV by a touchdown
Shelby Valley - 45

Betsy Layne - 28
If BL was to win in this one, who would get the 2 seed?
I bet this one will be a basketball score.
SV 52
BL 48
Witness, you all let Betsy Layne put 30 on you. Pburg but 60 or somthing on BL. Valley held pburg to 28 & out scored Leslie at Leslie. I'm just wondering what your reason is for thinking that BL would put 50 on Shelby Valley?
I actually picked you 2 win. And your still trying to talk crap to me. Please just leave me alone. But I done it 4 the simple reason of the athletic ability of BL qb. The style they play anything can happen in a game just because of his ability to make plays. But there
Defense can't stop SV with that being said. So it will be a high
Scoring game. IMO.
Valley by 28
Valley-49

Betsy Layne-12
Like the Bobcats, BUT...

This isn't a good matchup for Betsy Layne. The Bobcat run defense will struggle against the Wing-T.
Our run defense HAS to show up this game! And we have to start the game off better instead of getting down in the first quarter and having to fight and scrap to get back ahead. Because if we don't start well, that run attack for SV will just eat the clock up and not allow our explosive offense to put points on the board.

This one is going to be a dandy!
Shelby Valley should run all over Betsy Layne. Valley's pass Defense is #1 or #2 in 2A. I'm sure their defense will come to play Friday night knowing what's at stake. I look for Valley to come out and dominate and get this one over quick.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:If BL was to win in this one, who would get the 2 seed?

Depends on what happens in the other district game. If Leslie beats P-Burg, then a win by Betsy Layne would give Leslie the #1 seed and drop the Blackcats to the #2. BL would then get the #3 and Valley the #4.

But if P-Burg wins on Friday, then a win by BL creates a 3-way tie at 1-2. The tiebreaker would appear to favor SV getting the #2 seed in that situation, BL the #3, and Leslie the #4.

So, I don't see any way BL gets any higher than the #3 seed, even if they win.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I look for Valley to control the ball in this one. The must limit turnover and penalties as well.
Shelby Valley 35
Betsy Layne 21
Im gonna have to go with ol Betsy in this one. Parsons has been looking forward to this game all year.
Shelby Valley-14
Betsy Layne-45
Should be a pretty good game . The bobcats passing game can put up big numbers quick . But Valleys secondary has been solid all year . With Wallace, elswick, Tackett , and the return of Hampton coming off a concusion from the game vs p-burg the wildcats should be able to contain that passing attack . Also the return of Chris gunner who has been out since the paintsville game will help with pressure on the qb. The only chance the bobcats will have is to contain the run of the wildcats witch has proven easy said then done this year . The loss of qb. Donavan Layne May prove to be a problem for the wildcats . The snap between the center and the qb as well as the handoff to the running backs is a fluid motion that takes several weeks to be in sink with one another . So that being said. If the wildcats can keep from turning the ball over and contain the pass they should be fine . I will take my Wildcats in this one in a little closer game than some May think . 42 - 35 the Wildcats get the win .
Yes, Shelby Valley has the 3rd ranked passing D in 2A. However, Shelby Valley's opponents only average 103 yards passing offense per game, excluding Grundy and Hurley who are out of state and KHSAA doesn't have their stats. Betsy Layne averages nearly 250 passing yards a game. Even in Betsy Layne's losses to Leslie, P-Burg, and Sheldon Clark they averaged over 260 yards passing and over 400 yards of total offense. They can move the ball. Both of these defenses have to respect the other teams offensive capabilities. The team with the defense that makes stops gets the win. I'm going with Betsy Layne at home 42-38
As in most games turnovers will be the key factor in this match up. Betsy Layne had 4 second half turnovers against Leslie County. 2 where INT's in the end zone which kept Leslie in the driver seat.

Shelby Valleys wing T offense is troublesome enough for the offense to not commit unforced turnovers, and with a backup QB who hasn't gotten the reps in practice all year could be even more troublesome.

Betsy Layne has the athletes to keep this one close if they don't fall apart like the Leslie County game. The D-line must get penetration over the center to disrupt Valleys offense and be in position to pounce on any mishaps on the handoff. If they can force or even take advantage of some unforced turnovers to limit Valleys time of possession they stand a fighting chance.

Offensively for BL, I think they need to get #5 more involved, at least 20 carries, to keep the Valley offense off the field. Valley can eat up 2/3's of a quarter on a single possession while punishing you in the process.

In the end however I think Valley wins the battle of the trenches. The Bobcats keep it close for a while at home, but the Valley running game takes a toll and pounds them into submission.

Shelby Valley 32
Betsy Layne 22
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:As in most games turnovers will be the key factor in this match up. Betsy Layne had 4 second half turnovers against Leslie County. 2 where INT's in the end zone which kept Leslie in the driver seat.

Shelby Valleys wing T offense is troublesome enough for the offense to not commit unforced turnovers, and with a backup QB who hasn't gotten the reps in practice all year could be even more troublesome.

Betsy Layne has the athletes to keep this one close if they don't fall apart like the Leslie County game. The D-line must get penetration over the center to disrupt Valleys offense and be in position to pounce on any mishaps on the handoff. If they can force or even take advantage of some unforced turnovers to limit Valleys time of possession they stand a fighting chance.

Offensively for BL, I think they need to get #5 more involved, at least 20 carries, to keep the Valley offense off the field. Valley can eat up 2/3's of a quarter on a single possession while punishing you in the process.

In the end however I think Valley wins the battle of the trenches. The Bobcats keep it close for a while at home, but the Valley running game takes a toll and pounds them into submission.

Shelby Valley 32
Betsy Layne 22

Sounds like a very fair assessment. Prestonsburg has seen both teams to this point, so I trust your insight.

I was thinking Valley wins by around a TD. When your starting QB is out, you just need to slog your way through it and get out of town with the "W".
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can someone please explain to me why Leslie county is ranked above Shelby Valley in 2A after valley beat them last week?
Gator95 Wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Leslie county is ranked above Shelby Valley in 2A after valley beat them last week?

Who's rankings? Do you have a link?
I think it is the Cantrell Ratings
Its the AP...
Cantrall Ratings from Lexington Herald

http://www.kentucky.com/high-school-football/index.html