Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Paintsville
Paintsville travels up US 23 to battle the Rams for the Class A District 7 championship.
Thoughts?
I like Raceland by 2-3 tds. Rams offense is really clicking and our defense is playing really well right now. Rams repeat as District Champs.
I heard that Paintsvilles line isn't much better than Fairviews
I think the Hendricks kid will be eligible but if we play like we did tonight each night until seasons end, i like our shot at practicing on Thanksgiving day.
Bronson I agree with you.. I'm still looking for that Hazard and Raceland match up.Pikeville better be keeping a close eye out on you all.
Paintsville doesn't have the line or the depth to hang for 4 quarters
Paintsville by 2 TD's
^^^reason being? Not disputing Paintsville being a quality team. Just curious why you like them AT Raceland by 2 TDs.
D1 size Quarter back who can move+Very strong downhill runner+speed demon+big win over Fairview could possibly equal a trap game for the Rams. I think the district title being up for grabs keeps us focused. I'll settle for those same numbers every week...

Over 600 yds of total offense and holding teams 100 or so yards below their average and forcing turnovers....Rams Stadium will be rockin' thats for sure.
I will be eager to see the stats from this game.
If Raceland plays like they did Friday night, Paintsville won't be within four touchdowns of them, and it won't matter who they've added to their roster.
exciting time in the Mt's
When I pick a sleeper team I stick with them and paintsville is my 1A sleeper team in the east..but Raceland is looking good on paper....:zzz:
If Raceland comes out swinging like they did against Fairview this will be another running clock.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think the Hendricks kid will be eligible but if we play like we did tonight each night until seasons end, i like our shot at practicing on Thanksgiving day.

Don't know how you go from whipping a very poor Fairview team to beating Pikeville at Pikeville for the first time in history but ok...kind of like me saying if Pikeville plays like they did against Phelps last night they will win the state championship by 4 scores.:biggrin:
Fairview would beat Phelps by a hundred Nimrod!
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know how you go from whipping a very poor Fairview team to beating Pikeville at Pikeville for the first time in history but ok...kind of like me saying if Pikeville plays like they did against Phelps last night they will win the state championship by 4 scores.:biggrin:

Simply stating facts. If we fire on all cylinders like we did at "the wood", we can play with anyone. As i have said many times, Pikeville is my pick to win the east. Everyone also said we wouldnt be able to contain Charles, Estep, and Hall last year. Just sayin. Pikeville still my pick but i think we have a better shot than i had previously thought.
Tick Tock running clock because Raceland is way better than Paintsville.I think the Tigers had two pick 6s to win the game against Fairveiw.The Eagles never came close to stopping the Rams all night.I think this will look just like the Fairveiw game maybe a little worse being at home and senior night and all.

Jetpilot are week for trash talking is coming soon don't rush it.
How far as Raceland been in the state playoffs..... in program history?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Raceland wins by two touchdowns.
Wish both teams good luck. :Cheerlead

Paintsville 35 ( make me look good )
Raceland 34

Williamsburg would love to play either team. Confusederiously:
Keep dreaming 64 Rams will put a beat down the Tigers.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know how you go from whipping a very poor Fairview team to beating Pikeville at Pikeville for the first time in history but ok...kind of like me saying if Pikeville plays like they did against Phelps last night they will win the state championship by 4 scores.:biggrin:

Now jet that statement is just a little bit ridiculous...4 scores come on.. If Pikeville does get a chance to play in BG let's give a little bit of a reasonable or not so far out there prediction.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How far as Raceland been in the state playoffs..... in program history?

Semi-finals in 2013
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Paintsville capable of beating Raceland but I don't see the Rams letting it happen. Raceland the much better team. if they come to play it's no contest. Raceland by a ton
Raceland has a history of post big game hangovers. Ie looking sluggish to start the Boyd Co game coming off of the Ashland game and looking, at times, attrocious against Williamsburg after winning the programs first regional title. We must avoid this and not let that and the addition of senior night get into our heads. I think we are 3-4 tds better on paper than Paintsville, so probably 2-3 on the field, at home. But Daniel, Belcher, and the rest of the offense is capable of breaking big plays. Throw in the unkown issue of Hendricks becoming eligable and if we dont come out fired up and prepared, we may have our hands full. From the Coal Grove game on though, we have been pretty consitent. Avg around 200 on the ground and 100-150 through the air and the defense getting 2 or 3 turnovers a game. We are playing really good balanced football right now.
If I was able to start my 3rd shift job like I was suppose too since I won it a few weeks ago I would attend this game since I drive to Paintsville to pick my son up...
Paintsville comes in and leaves a bad taste in Racelands mouth and comes out on top 42-21 winning the district title.
Rams by 14. They are rolling
RaiderManiac87 Wrote:Paintsville comes in and leaves a bad taste in Racelands mouth and comes out on top 42-21 winning the district title.

The same Paintsville team that gave up almost 400 yds to Fairview? I know matchups are different, but unless they have added a few wrinklesinthe passing game withHendricks using his speed to get downfield and/or getting him the ball in one on one situations, I dont see Raceland giving up that many points. Raceland is firing on all cylinders and our line play has gotten to the point that allows us to run the ball very effectively. Couple that with what we have at the reciever positions, Josh Youngs arm+running ability between the tackles and looking at some film of both the offensive and defensive line play from Paintsville, I think we will win the LOS battle and the score may be a bit closer than the Fairview score, But Im goina say you are sadly mistaken.

Raceland 48
Paintsville 18

The Tigers have alot of tallent in Kash, Belcher, and now Donte Hendricks, but all of the skill in the world doesnt become effective w/o a line to run behind. Rams lineman are smaller this year, but still too much upfront for Raceland to lose this game. Thats just my honest opinion.