Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Bowl Prediction For UK
It's kind of exciting to see our name mentioned in the bowl projections for this season. Here's what they have us for right now:

PetroSun Independence Bowl
Oklahoma State vs. Kentucky

OR

Gaylords Hotel Music City Bowl
Maryland vs. Kentucky

What do you all think about this? And if by chance we actually play one of these teams which would you rather see us play? And how do you think that game would turn out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2627844
I hope UK plays Maryland, that should be a good match up with them is indeed that who they end up playing in a bowl game
It would be great to see KY in a bowl game it has been awhile
Kentucky vs. Maryland would be the best chance for Uk to actually win a bowl game. I don't think they could compete with Oklahoma State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would love to see UK in a bowl game for the first time in about 6 or 7 years. And I agree that they would have a better chance of defeating Maryland than they would OK State, but regardless it would still be awesome to have the Wildcats in a bowl game.
I really don't care who they play just as long as they get into a Bowl game. It will get that programs respect back.
I watched the cats in the music city bowl, a cpl of years back. Good time in Nashville GO CATS!!!!!
Definately would be better to play Maryland (even though they beat FSU I think)....I just think OK State offensive would be way too potent for our subpar defense.
HERE ARE THE LATEST BOWL PROJECTIONS FOR UK NOW THAT THEY ARE 5-4:

Gaylords Hotel Music City Bowl:
Wake Forest vs. Kentucky

Autozone Liberty Bowl:
Houston vs. Kentucky

I like the matchup with Houston as a very winnable one even though they are the C-USA #1.
If UK wins there next two over Vandy and UL-Monroe and SC loses to Florida(Which will more than likley happen) than UK gets 3rd place in the SEC east and is guarunteed a Bowl.
Third place could get them the Outback Bowl.
Yeah, If we finish in 3rd place in the SEC East, we could be heading to Tampa for the Outback Bowl.

The Music City or Peach Bowl would be nice too...but the Outback is alot better since it is a New Year's Day Bowl game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hey as long as we make a bowl i will be happy lol we have the next few years to make a bigger one...
Crazy to even think that U.K, could be playing a New Years Day Bowl isn't it. Keep on' Keepin on' BIG BLUE!
Alright here we go again with the latest bowl projections via ESPN after UK beat Vandy.

Gaylord's Hotel Music City Bowl:
Kentucky vs. Boston College

Motor City Bowl:
Kentucky vs. Central Michigan

I seriously doubt that they will have UK play a team they already played in the regular season. I think UK will end up playing in the Music City Bowl. Go UK!
Wow, I would love to see UK in a bowl game. It's been a long time coming.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
SEKYscout Wrote:Alright here we go again with the latest bowl projections via ESPN after UK beat Vandy.

Gaylord's Hotel Music City Bowl:
Kentucky vs. Boston College

Motor City Bowl:
Kentucky vs. Central Michigan

I seriously doubt that they will have UK play a team they already played in the regular season. I think UK will end up playing in the Music City Bowl. Go UK!

I seen those Bowl Projections today on espn.com and I though the Music City Bowl game was understandable, but the UK vs. CMU again not really understanding this one, but as I took a second look at it I relized that it says for the Motor City bowl that Big Ten No.7 vs. MAC. And last I checked UK is in the SEC...So obviously espn has made a mistake.
yeah blackcat they goofed up a lil bit lol the musi city would more than likely b Maryland which would be a good game for Uk
UK will go to the best game that they qualify for. The promoters of each bowl know that the Cats bring a HUGE crowd no matter where they are playing and each would love to get the $$$$ that comes with said crowd.

So for that, count on Kentucky playing the either the Outback Bowl (if beat UT) or the Music City Bowl (with loss to UT).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
agree 100% Beef
Beef Wrote:UK will go to the best game that they qualify for. The promoters of each bowl know that the Cats bring a HUGE crowd no matter where they are playing and each would love to get the $$$$ that comes with said crowd.

So for that, count on Kentucky playing the either the Outback Bowl (if beat UT) or the Music City Bowl (with loss to UT).

Thats what I was thinking.
the fact of kentucky in a bowl game is a shock to me they pulled it together here towards the end
Heres a question. If they make it to a bowl game and win. Will they crack the top 25?
no right now they are like 40 something
Kentucky is currently ranked 37th. Last week UK was 46th in the polls and jumped 9 spots.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootbal...119/index2
The Music City Bowl to me is the most exciting bowl game year in and year out!
oh thanks blackcat i wasnt aware that they moved up :-)
Does anyone know the date of the Music City Bowl?
Dec. 29 @ 1pm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The Music City Bowl to me is the most exciting bowl game year in and year out!

I agree (with the exception of the BCS title game). I would rather see them go to the Outback Bowl though just because I need an excuse to go that far south!