5. Fleming Co.
6. Bath Co.
7.Greenup C0.
8. Russell
9. Rowan Co.
10. Raceland
I pick East.
Russell should be rated higher.
Skip Pass Wrote:Russell should be rated higher.

DEFINITELY, way higher!!!!!! Whoever did the rankings really missed the boat on that one!!
Russell is good. PG and center are very nice players.
I hear Torri Mitchell-new transfer is going to help make Rowan a contender for the 16th region.
bigfan00 Wrote:i hear torri mitchell-new transfer is going to help make rowan a contender for the 16th region.

noooooooo.........

And their schedule is quite possible the worst in RC history. AShland and East will beat them by 30.
Good luck to all teams. Should be an exciting year.
I know Ashland & East are both VERY good... But I think RC will surprise a few people and pick up some Wins they aren't suppose too. They have experience players in Purdy & Callahan & Bandura and Mitchell. They beat Johnson Central in scrimmage this past weekend...
They are a 4A school with a class A schedule. Their record might LOOK good but they will haveno wins of consequence. That's just the simple fact. I can't ever remember them playing Phelps and Augusta....
First of all BigFan00 it is good to hear something good about Rowan's girls team, because HD28 sure can't ever say anything nice.

I believe they will win more games this year than last year, and they will be very competitive. Will they contend for the region? Maybe not, but they can compete in the region. Playing Phelps is part of a Christmas tournament hey were invited to participate in...I'm not sure how they got two games against Augusta. However, I suppose Lewis, East, Russell, Boyd, Fleming and Bath are a class A schedule? They don't even have the schedule for their second Holiday Tournament.

By the way, Ashland and East will beat a lot of teams by 30. The 16th Region is a loaded region when it comes go girls basketball and I am glad that I get to be a part of watching this region this year.
Good point. East was ranked 6th in the state near the end of last season ans Ashland made it to Final Four. Very solid in the 16th.
Don't count out Lewis County. Good inside game, quick guards, shooters, well coached, and senior laden. This team will be right in the thick of things.
goldenbucs Wrote:First of all BigFan00 it is good to hear something good about Rowan's girls team, because HD28 sure can't ever say anything nice.

I believe they will win more games this year than last year, and they will be very competitive. Will they contend for the region? Maybe not, but they can compete in the region. Playing Phelps is part of a Christmas tournament hey were invited to participate in...I'm not sure how they got two games against Augusta. However, I suppose Lewis, East, Russell, Boyd, Fleming and Bath are a class A schedule? They don't even have the schedule for their second Holiday Tournament.

By the way, Ashland and East will beat a lot of teams by 30. The 16th Region is a loaded region when it comes go girls basketball and I am glad that I get to be a part of watching this region this year.

All conference/district games they HAVE to play. I was referring to the part of their schedule NOT mandatory.
I'm pretty sure RC can't control who they play on holiday tournaments... They do play Harlan who is ranked in top 3 of the WYMT mountain teams. They play the teams they have to play ofcourse. They do play Mason and montogomery... I know they don't play ashland and haven't in a few years. I agree that hurts when it comes to regional time. All I'm saying is I think RC will surprise a few people this year, good luck to everyone.
Region 16 strong with Boyd, East Carter, Ashland, Lewis, and Russell all in the hunt. Should be fun to watch.