Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did playing Highlands destroy Cov Cath's season?
I could understand losing to a team like Highlands, but Beechwood? They are a great small school and could beat a lot of the big schools, but that is like Highlands losing to NCC - it wouldn't and shouldn't happen.
Could have damaged morale, but they'll be ready come playoff time. Playing highlands was a measurement game.
I don't think it destroyed Cov Caths season.

I think it gave Highlands false hope that it was a "good" win.

Im not sure Cov Cath is a top 25 team in 4A
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't think it destroyed Cov Caths season.

I said after Highlands beat Cov Cath that it was more of cov cath being bad than Highlands being good. Did not see game to day but the Cov Cath team Highlands beat was just flat out bad!
A lot of people, myself included, perceived Highlands as being vulnerable this year. Fueled by this perception, Cov Cath had championship aspirations. Those were shattered when they realized they did not have the team they thought they did. They have nothing left to play for.

I wonder if playing Moeller has a detrimental effect on confidence.
Everyone knows that Highlands is the reason for everything. Cov Cath shouldn't have scheduled them.
Highlands is the Boogie man.
No
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't think it destroyed Cov Caths season.

It would be difficult for CovCath to be nearly that bad. However, it should give Johnson Central a certain degree of confidence.

However, don't ever doubt that FTH is still FTH.
Covington Catholic: Doing less with more since 2007.
Good game to watch.
No they did not.
Maybe Beechwood is just better than many thought.
I think Beechwood is better than alot of us anticipated bit to say that CC is not a top 25 4A team is a far cry from correct. The last Litken ratings had Greenup Co at like #20 and they were shut out by a Raceland team 25-0. Raceland even had an off night. I think Cov Cath and Ashland are in the same boat right now. Cov Cath just has a tougher schedule/district than Ashland. Both are overwhelmingly tallented at the skills positions on paper and the track, but have yet to really put anythig together that was overwhelmingly impressive.
Beechwood deserves a little credit.