Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry -41 Gallia Academy -0
This one was all Belfry!

Belfry had one lost fumble, 0 interceptions
Gallia had 0 fumbles, but had three interceptions

Belfry got to work on alot from the old playbook, pulling stuff out not used in several years
Offensively, Gallia's QB made some good plays by running between the tackles in the first half, but Belfry adjusted their defense at the half and shut that down. Gallia never got into the Red zone all night
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Belfry
Good job! Belfry is steam rolling opponents right now.
T-CATS Wrote:Good job! Belfry is steam rolling opponents right now.

The Pikeville game woke them up! Brought them back out of the clouds after knocking off 2 5A schools and a 6A school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Pond Creek Nation
Was this team as good as Pikeville?
WideRight05 Wrote:Was this team as good as Pikeville?

Now, Now........:biglmao:
That would be a NO ....LOL
Lol. Apparently not. Nice dig though.

:eyeroll:
Pikeville just pissed Belfry off.
Congrats Belfry!

No, and neither was Gallia Academy. :devilflam
So was it Keaton and Xondre at RB all night and Corbett at QB? How did that combo work? Keaton is the fastest Pirate IMO so I am largely excited about that setup except that is a change so late in the year. I hope they can find they best personnel grouping and then work on execution to get Corbett ready for primetime.
PaytoPlay Wrote:So was it Keaton and Xondre at RB all night and Corbett at QB? How did that combo work? Keaton is the fastest Pirate IMO so I am largely excited about that setup except that is a change so late in the year. I hope they can find they best personnel grouping and then work on execution to get Corbett ready for primetime.

Yes Keaton and X at HB and Harfield at FB with Corbett running the show at QB. This puts Belfry's best athletes on the field all at the same time and Belfry definitely needed another HB with Catron still out. The change comes at a perfect time IMO because you get a good test from CAK this week, then the district meat of the schedule. You have to remember that a regular Belfry season has been mostly 14 or 15 games every year, so making a change at QB and HB in games 5 and 6 is not that late.
I'll post some individual and team stats in a little while.
Belfry added a couple of different looks last night...they went almost exclusively no huddle...not necessarily a hurry up offense, but right to the line of scrimmage and looking at the coaches then running the play...Much more two wide sets and a couple of plays of three wide to one side with the two HBs on one side together. Belfry ran several wheel routes to the HBs and sweeps and counters with X and Taylor.
Belfry 37 carries 410 yards.
Passing 2-8 34 yards and two TDs with two wide open drops.

Gallia Academy 33 carries for 58 yards.
5-7 passing for 43 yards and 2 interceptions

Willis and Devin Varney had ints and Willis recovered a fumble.
Belfry had one turnover on a Taylor fumble.
Corbett had two TD passes...31 yards to Willis and 3 yards to Woolum.
Taylor 8 carries for 125
Hatfield 11 carries for 82 two rushing TDs.
Willis 5 carries for 89 yards and 3 total TDs.
Corbett 6 carries for 65 yards.
Wellman 5 carries 43 yards.
Fletcher 1 carry for 6 yards.
Belfry punted one time and one turnover.
Gallia never got into the red zone.
Great info man!
10 yards a carry for a team is very impressive.
Heard everything looked pretty good except for passing game still isn't where we need it to be, but that they showed promised.

Defense played well and outside of one drive Gallia never could string together a series of first downs.

I like this backfield a lot and love to hear about the new wrinkles. If nothing else shoe some new stuff on film to make teams down the road have to budget time in preparation.

It gets a lot tougher this next week.
Congratulations Belfry Pirates!!

Strong game and no injuries; great job!!
Heard K.Carr quit the team during halftime
BP2011 Wrote:Heard K.Carr quit the team during halftime

We were told at halftime that he quit. We weren't told the specific reason.
Congrats Belfry. You boys took care of business in OH now take care of your business in TN. Represent KY boys!!!
BP2011 Wrote:Heard K.Carr quit the team during halftime

I've seen kids do that on the play ground. I'm gonna take my toys and go home.
^ Another one bites the dust. Carr sure looked good in pads the time I saw him this year but I certainly can't comment on his play enough to know whether this is a big deal or not.

Go Belfry.
Congrats Belfry.