Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 64 - South Floyd 44
I think South Floyd led this one (28-0) in the 2nd quarter, but Betsy Lane came roaring back, scoring around 40 unanswered points.
30 of those came in about a 3 minute span believe it or not at the end of second and beginning of third quarter, SF imploded, they continue to struggle defensively, as they have the past decade.
Was not able to be in attendance for this one and really am very shocked and let down to hear this score. I honestly feel like our boys went into this game thinking it would be a cakewalk but little to their surprise, SF came with bad intentions apparently.

But I guess a wins a win! I'll take it!
TRIPLE JEOPARDY Wrote:30 of those came in about a 3 minute span believe it or not at the end of second and beginning of third quarter, SF imploded, they continue to struggle defensively, as they have the past decade.

Both teams certainly struggle defensively. South Floyd and Betsy Lane both have given up more than 125 points each to their opponents this year. I don't know if the BL situation is similar, but lack of depth is/has always been an issue for South Floyd over the years. Just not many kids coming out for football.

A friend on Facebook posted some stats from the game.

Case with 6 TD for BL. Rogers a 97-yd kick return. Meade for SF with 4 TD
torQQue Wrote:Both teams certainly struggle defensively. South Floyd and Betsy Lane both have given up more than 125 points each to their opponents this year. I don't know if the BL situation is similar, but lack of depth is/has always been an issue for South Floyd over the years. Just not many kids coming out for football.

A friend on Facebook posted some stats from the game.

Case with 6 TD for BL. Rogers a 97-yd kick return. Meade for SF with 4 TD

Exactly what our problem is as well, you have so many ironmen at Betsy Layne. Also a problem is we have so many new faces in new positions. A lot of youth seeing playing time on this football team right now.
Great day for the Bobcats.
Good win for BL.
I will bet 10 push-ups we have a similar score for these two in basketball season.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
torQQue Wrote:I think South Floyd led this one (28-0) in the 2nd quarter, but Betsy Lane came roaring back, scoring around 40 unanswered points.

This has to be a school record in regards to the biggest comeback. This also shows how the mentality has changed on the hill in the last few years. Bobcat teams of the past would have given up facing that big of a deficit. Nice job Bobcats.
Wow!!! Nice comeback for the Bobcats. Congrats!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I will bet 10 push-ups we have a similar score for these two in basketball season.....

I wouldn't bet against you in this regard.