Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Gallia Academy, OH.
Tried researching them, didn't find much. They are 2-3 currently. Their schedule\results so far:

Athens, OH (L 52-0)
Chesapeake,OH (W 32-0)
Fairland,OH ( W 55-37)
Marietta, OH (L 21-14)
Point Pleasant (L 51-3)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry should win. Gallia has some good skill players, but not great size. They will make you defend the whole field. Belfry will continue to look to improve and fill in some gaps on both sides of the ball. Look for Corbett to continue the break in at QB and face a little better competition. My early guess is Belfry 35-14.
I want pick against belfry unless they play corbin.

Belfry 42
Gallia Academy OH. 14

:Cheerlead
Decent drive for this one. Gallia competed last year despite being outgunned. Hopefully Belfry doesn't expect to just show up. I'll say Belfry a lot closer than most expect.

Belfry - 28
Gallia - 20
64SUR Wrote:I want pick against belfry unless they play corbin.

Belfry 42
Gallia Academy OH. 14

:Cheerlead

The same Corbin that beat Southwestern by 3 at home, while Belfry took a 3 hour drive to Somerset and whipped Southwestern 28-7 (and it really wasn't as close as the score indicates)
Gallia Academy is way down. Belfry by however much they want.
Pirates roll. The only thing that could keep this close is some Southern Ohio home cooking.

Belfry 49
Gallia Academy 14
Belfry wins by several T.D.'s...
Belfry0304 Wrote:The same Corbin that beat Southwestern by 3 at home, while Belfry took a 3 hour drive to Somerset and whipped Southwestern 28-7 (and it really wasn't as close as the score indicates)

The same team Corbin. Something like 1A Pikeville did to 3A belfry....If you know what I mean 0304. Confusednicker:
Go Belfry From the Williamsburg yellow Jackets with orange colors. Belfry 31 Gala 7
Belfry 35
Gallia Academy-12
:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
Beat down of the highest order.
Belfry
Last year Belfry blew Gallia out, however this year is in Southern Ohio and Belfry has struggled against the pass at times. Gallia appears to aim for a balanced approach it appears from looking over their stats. I think this one is closer than expected due to the road trip into Souther Ohio.

Belfry - 28
Gallia - 14
Gallia 24
Belfry 21
This games outcome will be decided in the final seconds.
Belfry - 46

Gallia, OH - 14
Belfry0304 Wrote:The same Corbin that beat Southwestern by 3 at home, while Belfry took a 3 hour drive to Somerset and whipped Southwestern 28-7 (and it really wasn't as close as the score indicates)

Go Redhounds :1:
Belfry should roll in this one.

Belfry 42
Gallia 14
Doing a little homework last night:

1. Without a doubt the star of this Gallia team and the one I am a little worried about is #5 QB Kole Carter.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1728499/high.../171983376

All things in their offense begins and ends with him. He is their best running threat, he is a passing threat, and he is as slippery as a sea snake. Not an especially big arm, but his elusiveness helps him buy time so defenses collapse. Belfry has had lots of problems with these types of QB's...in fact Gallia's QB last year tore them up with the same style. Carter looks like Austin Charles to me on the ground, not so much passing. Think Austin Charles his Sophomore season.

He has rushed for over 100 yards twice this year and passed for over 100 yards twice.

2. The good news is they don't have a lot of other offensive weapons that scare me. In fact I only saw two.

The first is #6 Eli Miller.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2735341/high.../172678375

He is an All Purpose Back. Pretty small...good quickness but not a lot of top end speed. They get the ball in his hands in lots of different ways and he can hurt you catching it out of the backfield. He reminds me of a smaller X Willis. Averages 86 yards rushing per game, and is averaging 11.6 per carry . He didn't play in their last game against Point Pleasant. Not sure if he is hurt or not.

The second threat is a guy they haven't really utilized a whole lot to my surprise.
#2 WR Wes Jarrell
Last year he had a pretty big game against Belfry. In fact I think he had more catches and yards than he has all of this season combined. He's a big kid...6'2 or 6'3 and over 200 Lbs.

here was his game vs. Belfry last year:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2763757/high.../100456555

He only has 7 catches for 41 yards and a lone TD entering as a receiver this year (way down from last season)... but has been targeted a team high 20 times.They will run the ball with him as well.He had 67 yards on 9 carries vs. Fairland.

3. All in all I think Belfry rolls this team. Their O-line looks really small and is not especially good at pass protection. Probably Half of their offense has came from the QB making a play when the pocket collapses.

Defensively they are undersized as well and play a lot of guys both ways. Last year they were not very good whatsoever on defense...this year they have improved a little actually... but their offense hasn't been nearly as proficient so the defense is having many more snaps.

I don't think this team can hurt Belfry passing deep or for that matter trying the Pikeville approach of short passes. For one they don't have the accuracy, secondly their receivers don't look quick enough. Where they can hurt Belfry is with the scramble and with #6 running if Belfry gets caught flat footed.

I doubt Haywood does it...but if you sent heavy pressure every play and dared them to throw deep or throw the slant this team might finish with negative yardage.

Think Belfry has a running clock.
49-14 with one of those scores against the subs.
Gallia will have a running clock on Belfry unfortunately...
The Red Army wins this one in a romp!!!!
Belfry- 50 +
Gallia-14
I would love to see the Pirates come home with the win. But more than that I would like the coaches teach the running backs to lower their shoulder and hint the defender instead of trying to juke them. They seem to always be looking for the big play instead of taking the hint and getting a few more yards.
Belfry 0304 Trust me when Corbin played them they are now A totally different team, they do not even favor that team, they are good.
Belfry-34
Gallia Acadamy-16
Anyone have an injury report? When is Catron going to get in the lineup?

I too would like to see a little more physicality from the RB position. Willis is not a big guy, I get that. But personally is like to see the RB's pound up in between the tackles more often. It feels like it's either the option or going wide with the back in motion. It would be nice to have another play or two that went to the opposite side of how the QB opens. The counter is usually effective because we so rarely to that.
For anyone going it looks to me and my untrained eye that the stadium is not actually located at the school.

Using google maps it appears there is a track and a soccer field at the school...but the only stadium I see appears to be in downtown Gallipolis off 4th Avenue between Cedar Street and Locust Street
You are right EKU. The name of the stadium is memorial stadium. It's in town and no big parking lot.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Anyone have an injury report? When is Catron going to get in the lineup?

I too would like to see a little more physicality from the RB position. Willis is not a big guy, I get that. But personally is like to see the RB's pound up in between the tackles more often. It feels like it's either the option or going wide with the back in motion. It would be nice to have another play or two that went to the opposite side of how the QB opens. The counter is usually effective because we so rarely to that.

Based on the initial timetable, Catron should have a recheck this week, but it would probably be a couple of more weeks minimum before he is back. I would say another month, but I will try to update for sure if I find something out this weekend.
If they are small up front this will be a total mismatch
The Pirates roll in this one. 37--14