Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer Co region 3 question?
According to the KHSAA website Mercer is in region 3. But they are playing region 2 teams for the championship. According to my understanding if Mercer is truly in Region 3 then Russell should face them for the regional final and not the state game.

My question is this. Is Mercer really in region 3 or has the KHSAA got them listed wrong.
Maybe I can help elaborate.

In the future, instead of having defined regions (same district vs same district EVERY season) they will do a random draw to see which districts matchup (similar to the Sweet 16 for basketball).

This season, to test that new possible plan, and see the results, they only did the random draw with districts 3, 4, 5, and 6 in all classes. 1A and 3A were unaffected by this decision because district 3 drew district 4 and district 5 drew district 6 (which is what we are all accustomed to). However, 2A was changed, district 3 (Lou. Western) drew district 5 (Mercer County), while district 4 (Corbin) drew district 6 (Russell). 4A was also changed because district 3 drew district 6 and district 4 drew district 5.

I know that's confusing, but hopefully it helped some.

There ya go. If you have any other questions about it, just ask.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]