Poll: Who do you think wins this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Newport Catholic
66.67%
Lloyd
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Catholic/Lloyd Predictions
Who do you think wins and why?
I like NCC's chances. Playing 4 of the top ranked teams in NKY has prepared them, but its not a guarantee to win. Lloyd seems to be athletic which provides problems for anyone, but I think NCC will prevail. 21-7
I seldom get to see NCC play and got to visit with some old friends on Saturday after taking in the Newport/ Williamsburg game. Great to see everyone! I think Lloyd rolls in this game because NCC just looked awful. NCC makes a ton of substitutions which makes me believe they haven't found the right formula yet. Offense was really stagnate. Who calls the plays? Anyway....Lloyd 28-7
How awesome is it that it looks like NKY 2A is going to be competitive this year? I'm taking NCC here.

NCC-21
Lloyd-7
nuclear option Wrote:I seldom get to see NCC play and got to visit with some old friends on Saturday after taking in the Newport/ Williamsburg game. Great to see everyone! I think Lloyd rolls in this game because NCC just looked awful. NCC makes a ton of substitutions which makes me believe they haven't found the right formula yet. Offense was really stagnate. Who calls the plays? Anyway....Lloyd 28-7

:please: Every team the jugs have played are second and third tier teams in their respective districts. IMO, Lloyd would of had a running clock on them if they played any of these teams. I just don't see it happening (bolded). If the Newcath kids get a chance to run it up, watch out because they might take them to the wood shed.:devilflam
Lloyd has some really athletic kids playing. Erlanger Lions are loaded with good players and so is their middle school. Lloyd will be a tough team to beat.
Boom!
Too much turmoil with players and coaches still wont keep NCC from winning. With that said, a Lloyd win isnt a surprise. Might take a 2-7 season for some coaches to finally see the light.
Lloyd wins, close game.
NCC 42
Lloyd 28
:Thumbs:
This is Lloyd's chance to show they've returned to 2A's upper tier.

Would love to watch this one !!

:popcorn:
Nuclear, since u mentioned u were at the Williamsburg game, what was the number of the RB? Was having a discussion with my neighbor about the game, just cant remember his jersey number. Very nice player.
Beating NCC right now does not put Lloyd at the top of 2A. Only means NCC is really, really bad. I said earlier, i dont expect Lloyd to beat them, but it would not be an upset if they do.
First time I've ever picked a 3a or less school over NCC.

Lloyd by 7
Really like this Lloyd group. They have a very good sophomore class who beat NCC a couple years ago in the 8th grade small school championship. They continue to grow and develop.

If not this year, next year look to Lloyd passing them up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ill disagree with you on that spirit, if they dont get NCC this year, pretty sure next season wont happen. NCC i would expect, will be much better next season. Henchen is going to be a great one, lets hope he visits some QB camps in the off season. He certainly will not get any better with the coach he has now.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Ill disagree with you on that spirit, if they dont get NCC this year, pretty sure next season wont happen. NCC i would expect, will be much better next season. Henchen is going to be a great one, lets hope he visits some QB camps in the off season. He certainly will not get any better with the coach he has now.

So you see NewCath improving next year while Lloyd does not ?

Confusedhh:
Yeah, they did beat us. What people don't realize is that we went over there with our freshman team. The league we were playing in was the froshmore league. We show up with 15 kids and look over on their side lines and they've got 40 kids. People might think that the numbers are not a big deal but in reality it really is. If I remember correctly, all of the sophomores played offense and a few freshmen just played defense.
Listen, lloyd is my alma mater, im in the HoF there. Would love to see them do well. If they can keep the kids in school, or keep them at lloyd for that matter, they could be very good. Beechwood has had some success with a few players over the years that should have graduated from Lloyd. Winning games in the 8th grade does not translate to being good at the varsity level. NCC's junior high team is usually descent, Tichenor has dominated of late (thats lloyds junior high). Its the other kids NCC picks up that helps make them good every year. Everyone thought last season would be a good game. Was pretty lopsided. I dont think Lloyd really believes thay can beat NCC. We had the same problem with Cov Cath when i was in high school. We will find out tonight. Good luck, Go Juggs!!!
You expect me to remember something over a week ago? I don't know the rb's number but I thought he showed some skills. By the way, I like juggs too.
Is it true this game would have been closer to 42-0 if a few fumbles would not have stopped several drives in Juggs territory? Any changes to the offense or defensive units?
Congrats Breds on their first district win, good luck the rest of the season!
I wish you all could talk new cath in to playing Johnson central next week oct 3 or 4 so we can have a 10 game season
No kidz. This game showed how bad lloyd is and how bad ncc's offense is. This game should have been 48-0. Lloyd has some talent. No denying that. Watching the lloyd kids walking on and off the field and no hustle to get lined up made me sick to my stomach. Those lloyd coaches should be embarrassed. One of the worst teams ive seen to have that much talent. Ive said it a dozen times, its either bad coaches or bad players. Do the math. Lloyd is lucky that our O line is still not good and the play calling is garbage.
So what I'm hearing is both ncc and lloyd have coaching problems and because of said coaches we will never see the athleticism and heart both teams truly have?

Is this the case or am I misreading not only bgr but bgp fans feedback as well. And if the case, what gives, when do the parents, administration, etc...ask for/demand football leadership which will build consensus, elevate these programs, and better develop talent.

And I'm just an objective fan who wants to see both programs have success and better develop their kids....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think you are seeing the frustration of the NCC fans based on the results of the first part of the schedule. Winning cures all ill's so lets see what happens as they get into their district schedule. I read posts were people want to "blame" this position player and that position player and that's not going to solve anything. Coach's put kids in these spots and they might be asking kids to perform a task they just aren't capable of doing, so blaming the kid solves nothing. You have to be realistic when judging talent and I think certain powers- to- be haven't got a clue. I'll make my judgement quietly and move on. If anyone else wants to pound it out on here, go ahead because you have every right to do so, I'm just handling it another way. I will say this game was a total suprise to me until the very end. My suprise was with Lloyd. They reminded me of NCC playing the 6a schools. Undisciplined, irratic play calling, no continuity. Because of this, I still can't get a read on this NCC team if they are good or getting better because Lloyd was that bad.
NEWPORT will win.
As I had already said when all the Bred fans were jumping off bridges and making up crap about what was happening on the sidelines (that wasn't), NCC is fine and will be in the Final 4 AGAIN!!!!
topnotch Wrote:NEWPORT will win.

You are a modern day Nostradamus.

Yes, NCC won Friday night 28-0. Way to go, you are 1-0....
Stardust Wrote:As I had already said when all the Bred fans were jumping off bridges and making up crap about what was happening on the sidelines (that wasn't), NCC is fine and will be in the Final 4 AGAIN!!!!
ive heard the same thing, coaches having been going back and forth all season on the sidelines. ur completely wrong stardust, i get information from the coaches themselves. not the first or the last time other coaches will have a run in with dave schnieder. NCC is not fine, but they will make it back to the final four, only because the first three rounds of the playoffs r a joke. same problems still exist. they only scored 21 points through the first 46 minutes against a lloyd team that was grossly overrated. eddie eviston called games would have scored 60 on that team.....
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I think you are seeing the frustration of the NCC fans based on the results of the first part of the schedule. Winning cures all ill's so lets see what happens as they get into their district schedule. I read posts were people want to "blame" this position player and that position player and that's not going to solve anything. Coach's put kids in these spots and they might be asking kids to perform a task they just aren't capable of doing, so blaming the kid solves nothing. You have to be realistic when judging talent and I think certain powers- to- be haven't got a clue. I'll make my judgement quietly and move on. If anyone else wants to pound it out on here, go ahead because you have every right to do so, I'm just handling it another way. I will say this game was a total suprise to me until the very end. My suprise was with Lloyd. They reminded me of NCC playing the 6a schools. Undisciplined, irratic play calling, no continuity. Because of this, I still can't get a read on this NCC team if they are good or getting better because Lloyd was that bad.

Because you should not be thinking outside your boundaries!

Stardust Wrote:As I had already said when all the Bred fans were jumping off bridges and making up crap about what was happening on the sidelines (that wasn't), NCC is fine and will be in the Final 4 AGAIN!!!!

And I should do all the thinking for you!

[Image: http://dishingbitches.com/wp-content/upl...rtcake.png]