Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitesburg football history
Could anyone tell me what the old Whitesburg schools best record in football was? my Dad graduated there in 76' and he's not exactly sure what it was... he did say however a player there went on to play college ball and eventually ball for the Jets! can anyone verify this for me as well?
Im not sure when the best record they had took place...but Randy Frazier who graduated there in the early 80s went on to play three games for the Kansas City Chiefs in '87
they went 12-2 in 1994...that was their best modern record..they got beat by Danville in the semis 48-16, and Danville went on to win the state championship the next week..
Thanks for the info TidesHoss..You would have thought that you had a BIG W TATTOOED ON YOUR BACK with all of the information that you have for them..TRADER, lol! O.K....so I coached baseball there..SO WHAT! LOL, They have had some GREAT teams over the years!
lol Dad played football for them in 75'
he was the tailback and went back and forth between corner and free saftey I think?
Not sure, but I was jus interested in what their school did back in the day
come to think of it... I do recall dad telling me about the team that made it to play Danville in semi's then got spanked lol
Some of my best friends played on that team that got beat by Danville.

Andy Morrell, Charlie Wright, Billy Stamper, Todd & Travis Maggard. All of them are/were great football players and even better guys.
I played against them, up thru 1975 (graduation you know). And yes one of the tackles did go on to play college ball. They had these two bookend tackles that were big boys. We still beat em however.
Panther#42 Wrote:lol Dad played football for them in 75'
he was the tailback and went back and forth between corner and free saftey i think?
not sure, but i was jus interested in what their school did back in the day
come to think of it... i do recall dad telling me about the team that made it to play danville in semi's then got spanked lol

I was number 83 till "75" and #42 that year. (my jersey got wiped out)
Oh! I played for P'burg.
I remember in 2004 or 2005 that shelby valley went to whitesburg to play them in there homecoming and for there last ever game there. And Timmy Griffith ran a kick return back for a touchdown and tied the game and then Larry May punched in the two points to punch in the win! Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the first time they beat them in like years?
Yes it was, I think it was Valley's only win over Whitesburg~