Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Chapman Arrested
No joke, sounds like he knew what he was doing

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/20.../15917223/

Former University of Kentucky star and NBA player Rex Chapman was arrested by police in Scottsdale, Ariz., on suspicion of multiple shoplifting incidents, according to a release from the police department.

Police said employees are accusing Chapman of multiple thefts over the last few months at an Apple Store at 15169 N. Scottsdale Road.

He was stopped in northeast Scottsdale around 1:45 p.m. Friday and arrested by detectives.

Chapman, 46, allegedly picked up items in the store and made it appear that he was paying for the items through the store's self-checkout, using an iPhone app. He would then leave the store without actually paying for the items, police said.

According to the report, the former Suns player allegedly took the items to a local pawn shop and sold the items for cash.

Seven incidents of theft have been reported to Scottsdale police. The total estimated loss is more than $14,000.

Chapman is facing nine counts of organized retail theft and five counts of trafficking in stolen property -- all felonies.

The former NBA guard is expected to be transported to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office 4th Avenue Jail in Phoenix.

Chapman reported earlier this year that John Calipari's departure for the Los Angeles Lakers was a "done deal."
toussaints Wrote:No joke, sounds like he knew what he was doing

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/20.../15917223/

Former University of Kentucky star and NBA player Rex Chapman was arrested by police in Scottsdale, Ariz., on suspicion of multiple shoplifting incidents, according to a release from the police department.

Police said employees are accusing Chapman of multiple thefts over the last few months at an Apple Store at 15169 N. Scottsdale Road.

He was stopped in northeast Scottsdale around 1:45 p.m. Friday and arrested by detectives.

Chapman, 46, allegedly picked up items in the store and made it appear that he was paying for the items through the store's self-checkout, using an iPhone app. He would then leave the store without actually paying for the items, police said.

According to the report, the former Suns player allegedly took the items to a local pawn shop and sold the items for cash.

Seven incidents of theft have been reported to Scottsdale police. The total estimated loss is more than $14,000.

Chapman is facing nine counts of organized retail theft and five counts of trafficking in stolen property -- all felonies.

The former NBA guard is expected to be transported to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office 4th Avenue Jail in Phoenix.

Chapman reported earlier this year that John Calipari's departure for the Los Angeles Lakers was a "done deal."

sad story.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-b...52631.html
A real shocker
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Maybe he'll bunk with Richie.
Man, what a shame.
lol, that prison farm team should be a dandy. Rex, Richie, and all they need is one more to run up the score on a lot of college teams.
Its a shame. Made over 20 million in his playing career salary alone.
I hate to hear this. I remember shooting ball in the back yard pretending to be "King Rex". One of my favorite of all time from UK.
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val..._gold_cops.php

A booking sheet released today provides further information about the alleged thefts. According to Scottsdale police:

* May 24: Chapman enters the store for a Genius Bar appointment. When the appointment's finished, he takes three sets of headphones off a shelf, puts them in his backpack and leaves the store without paying for them. Total value: $489.85.

* June 13: Chapman enters the store at about 7 p.m. carrying an Apple bag. He puts a pair of headphones valued at $379.95 in the bag and walks out.

* June 13: Chapman goes back in the store an hour later, again carrying a white Apple bag. He puts three sets of headphones in the bag and leaves. Value: $1,029.85.

* June 14: Chapman sells the $1,400 worth of equipment to North Scottsdale Loan and Gold, 7126 East Shea Boulevard, for $625.

* July 14: Chapman enters the store, places five items worth a total of $2,579.75 in Apple bags.

* July 16: Chapman sells the same five items to the pawn shop for $1,085.

* July 19: Chapman steals five items worth $2,359.75.

* July 20: Chapman sells the five items to the pawn shop for $1,050. (The report contradicts itself here and states that one of the items did not match the five items he allegedly stole on July 19.)

* July 23: Chapman swipes seven items valued at $3,139.65, again putting them in bags.

* July 24: Chapman sells the exact same seven items to the pawn shop for $1,150.

* July 25: Chapman takes seven items valued at $3,919.65. He returns to the shop a short time later and swipes a $600 Monster hard drive.

* July 26: Chapman sells those eight items to the pawn shop for $1,550.

* August 6: Chapman enters the Apple Store just before 3 p.m. and steals two sets of headphones valued at $779.90. Store business manager Mike Dudley sees Chapman take the items and follows him to the parking lot, having recognized the suspect as a former NBA player.

----------------------------

The pawn-shop owner says it's not uncommon for people to sell brand-new items, still in their packaging, to the store. During one of the transactions, an employee asked Chapman where the items came from.

"Rex said they were a gift -- that they had some extras," Larriva says. "It didn't seem crazy."

Employees would have showed more concern if not for the fact that Chapman was known to be a former NBA player.

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news...9/23/16127115/

gambling,drugs, divorce Get well Rex
Even if I had been a King Rex fan, I would say that he is a common thief who is uncommonly stupid. He needs to serve a long stretch in jail. Nothing else is going to teach him a lesson that most of us learned in elementary school. This makes me wonder what he may have gotten away with while he was a Wildcat.
Hate to see one of the all time greats like this.
Penthouse to the jail house....what a shame!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I used to be a kleptomaniac but I took something for it.
Really disappointing to see. I grew up a Chapman fan, and loved watching him play.
My guess, it has nothing to do with being klepto.
More than likely he has a drug dependancy.