Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 32 Fleming Co. 14
I listened to the game on the radio (I know hometown radio can be a little biased!) but, it sounded like Fleming made a game of it until the fourth quarter. Derfensively, it sounded like they did a descent job againt Clark and the other backs, but the Qb (Jones) hurt them. In the 4th, I don't know if they were worn down, but they gave up 2 big TD runs.
Offensively, it sounded like they moved the ball at times, just could't punch it in.
All in all, I think they gave Russell a better game than most expected. Russell is a GREAT team and you have to play great to beat them. This young Fleming County team has grown alot since the beginning of the season and I am proud of the effort they give each week.
they put on a game many didnt except.good job.
thecoacher Wrote:I listened to the game on the radio (I know hometown radio can be a little biased!) but, it sounded like Fleming made a game of it until the fourth quarter. Derfensively, it sounded like they did a descent job againt Clark and the other backs, but the Qb (Jones) hurt them. In the 4th, I don't know if they were worn down, but they gave up 2 big TD runs.
Offensively, it sounded like they moved the ball at times, just could't punch it in.
All in all, I think they gave Russell a better game than most expected. Russell is a GREAT team and you have to play great to beat them. This young Fleming County team has grown alot since the beginning of the season and I am proud of the effort they give each week.

Fleming more than held their own for a half. The second half was all Russell.

Yes it appeared that Fleming just got worn down and Russell made some good adjustments at the half.
I spoke to some of the RUSSELL players tonight at the Marshall-Memphis game and they said that they are having trouble getting fired up....... They get fired up and then they have to go thru the warm-ups and then when that is over the game is ready and they have to start all over again. I told them that they cant wait until someone gets THEM fired up , thay have to take it upon themselves to do it....Dont look for a leader to fire you up, become one......dont wait until your seniors tell you to get pumped........get them pumped.... Make them look at you and say why does he get pumped up,, he stands on the sideline... then look at yourself and say,, I am damn lucky to be here and I better get pumped up or that guys is going to take my job.........
Russell need to get pumped and ready for the playoffs......
I told them tonight at the game.." You know what kills you guys the most,,, you won the state championship last year and now its like "I GOT MINE...." You guys dont care if you win it or not... But there are sophomores and freshman on this team who did not get anything last year, and it is pitiful that alot of you guys can look back and say ---We won it my junior year but I did not want it bad enough for my senior year so I slacked..... My senior year we lost to CONNER who won the state championship the next week..... Us old timers love that Russell won last year but if you are gonna act like this afterward I would rather you get your hind ends whipped so you can appreciate the good times.. They will be gone very soon if you dont play like a team....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
IMO, it appears Russell has a QB who can run the ball. If they have a solid TE, they should be able to run that naked bootleg all night against most 2a teams. Last year that play was the deathknell of BHS.

Honestly though Russell fans, was this game a little too close for comfort? Are there no Red Devil fans wondering just how good their boys are?
LovetheBucs Wrote:IMO, it appears Russell has a QB who can run the ball. If they have a solid TE, they should be able to run that naked bootleg all night against most 2a teams. Last year that play was the deathknell of BHS.

Honestly though Russell fans, was this game a little too close for comfort? Are there no Red Devil fans wondering just how good their boys are?

I don't think the game was to close for comfort. I think our boys just start way to slow. Almost like they have to let the other team do something to get them going. My fear is that deeper into the playoffs, that something the other team does will be to much to overcome. From now on out it is 1 and done. They need to get that killer instinct. Strike first and strike any time they can. Be relentless and never give up.

I stand by my earlier statement. They need to get that attitude and swagger back that last years team had.
It was not too close for comfort,, Russell just does not start fast.. Like MIDEE1 said,, they are not pumped.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
How can you not be pumped to play the 2nd best team in your District? I realize you might think you are (are actually are) substantially better than Fleming, but how would Russell not be fired up to take them to the shed?

How could you not be PUMPED to play the next best team in your district?
LovetheBucs Wrote:How can you not be pumped to play the 2nd best team in your District? I realize you might think you are (are actually are) substantially better than Fleming, but how would Russell not be fired up to take them to the shed?

If we knew the answer to this question,,,,,,,,,, we would not be on here griping about it now would we?????????????
Russell has been flat since the first game of the season,,,, They dont have it together yet but they better find it fast.
LovetheBucs Wrote:How can you not be pumped to play the 2nd best team in your District? I realize you might think you are (are actually are) substantially better than Fleming, but how would Russell not be fired up to take them to the shed?

You are dealing with 15-18 year olds. All logic goes out the window. Do you remember what you were thinking about most of the time at that age?

That being said. The talent is there. This team has the potential to be just as good if not better than last year. The question is, do they have the maturity that a small but very determined group of seniors had last year?
I see your point. It guess I just think the lack of focus wouldn't come off such a big year for the school.

Oh well, I still think Russell is the bes team in their district. If anything I think this past game just shows that Fleming isn't that bad and will be a nice tune up for the Devils.
the only thing we have close to a leader is Josh Wills.....his speeches get me fired up (too bad i don't play lol) my point is that if we had more of a leader figure that COULD get us wild before a game the we'd be unstoppable.......kasey tries also but only on game days....thats not enough to win a state championchip again.
russelldevils54 Wrote:the only thing we have close to a leader is Josh Wills.....his speeches get me fired up (too bad i don't play lol) my point is that if we had more of a leader figure that COULD get us wild before a game the we'd be unstoppable.......kasey tries also but only on game days....thats not enough to win a state championchip again.

I've noticed that out of Josh this year. Glad he stepped up this year to be a leader. But look at last year. You had Brown. Mell, Smith, Horn, Schafer, Timberlake, Perry, Edwards and Potter that basically all took turns as leaders. Then you had Schafer that was a cheerleader as well. Always getting the crowd into the game and getting the players pumped. There wasn't a bunch of flash with the team last year. They just worked well as a team, got a few lucky breaks and played together as a TEAM. With one goal in mind. To win each and every game they played in. Short of Boyd Co they did just that.

I miss that bunch of boys.