Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington County 14 Lou. Western 9
Biggggggggggggg Upset!
BIG upset? you mean HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE upset!
great game washington! though i never heard of u guys good game none the less! lol where is that any ways? whats their record?
6-4... had they lost tonight they would have finished ina 3 way train wreck for 3rd place in their district and by my calculations would have got the 4 seed.

I know it is in West-Central KY... south of Bardstown.. around Lebanon..

I think its Springfield, KY...
dand, did Western jus come out not ready 2 play or what?
WOW, biggest one of the night..NO DOUBT!!!!!!! COngrats Washington County on the win!
orisonspi Wrote:Biggggggggggggg Upset!
I would consider this an upset also, but not a big one considering Washington County has played well for most of the season. Their losses have come to some really good teams IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

2A is Mercer's to lose IMO, but there are many teams that can win the title, that is what makes 2A fun to watch and keep up with.

Congrats Washington County.
Never would have expected this one! I still see a Mercer-Western Regional championship. Hey a muddy,rainy wet Friday and upsets can happen to the best of them. Better now then in the playoffs, I still say Western is still in the hunt and teams like Western and Belfry can still win the whole thing. 4 seed Bourbon won it in 97 and same year Lawrence knocked off a hell of a Breathitt team in the mud and rain.
On a dry field, Western would have beaten Washington easily, but as was said before......on a wet, muddy field anything can happen.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:On a dry field, Western would have beaten Washington easily, but as was said before......on a wet, muddy field anything can happen.
Make no bones about it...the bottom line is that Western lost to a Washington County team who is nowhere near a top 10 team, no matter what the field conditions. If you take the top contenders in 2A... Mercer, Russell, Belfry, and Middlesboro... no team has lost to anyone that is equivalent to Washington County.

Great teams find a way to win against weaker oponents. Western losing to Washington says alot more than a Russell or Belfry loss to Ashland and so on....

Can Western still make the finlas? Absolutely... does this loss make me feel as if they are not on the same page as your top contenders...possibly.. we'll let the playoffs decipher it all.
orisonspi Wrote:Make no bones about it...the bottom line is that Western lost to a Washington County team who is nowhere near a top 10 team, no matter what the field conditions. If you take the top contenders in 2A... Mercer, Russell, Belfry, and Middlesboro... no team has lost to anyone that is equivalent to Washington County.

Great teams find a way to win against weaker oponents. Western losing to Washington says alot more than a Russell or Belfry loss to Ashland and so on....

Can Western still make the finlas? Absolutely... does this loss make me feel as if they are not on the same page as your top contenders...possibly.. we'll let the playoffs decipher it all.
I agree that Washington County is not a top 10 team, but field conditions do play a role and help the underdogs becasue it usually keeps the scores down. Belfry has lossed to SC, who I put just above Washington County if not equal. SC lossed to Prestonsburg who is not good this year. I disagree that a loss to Washington County says more than the losses by Belfry to SC and so on, I understand that people justify losses by their team by "talking-up" the strength of the team that beat them, and that is the case here I think. Bottom line is that 2A is Mercer's to lose and it will be entertaining to keep up with because anything can happen.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree that Washington County is not a top 10 team, but field conditions do play a role and help the underdogs becasue it usually keeps the scores down. Belfry has lossed to SC, who I put just above Washington County if not equal. SC lossed to Prestonsburg who is not good this year. I disagree that a loss to Washington County says more than the losses by Belfry to SC and so on, I understand that people justify losses by their team by "talking-up" the strength of the team that beat them, and that is the case here I think. Bottom line is that 2A is Mercer's to lose and it will be entertaining to keep up with because anything can happen.

Sheldon Clark is 9-1... Washignton County until that point was 5-4... you may see it differently than me but I personally feel as if Sheldon Clark is on a completely different level than Washington, and most of the rankings feel the same way.
Field conditions play a role... but remember BOTH teams are being effected,it wasn't just Western who had to play in the mud.
Congrats to Washington Co. on the huge win.
:argue:
orisonspi Wrote:Sheldon Clark is 9-1... Washignton County until that point was 5-4... you may see it differently than me but I personally feel as if Sheldon Clark is on a completely different level than Washington, and most of the rankings feel the same way.
Field conditions play a role... but remember BOTH teams are being effected,it wasn't just Western who had to play in the mud.
Your WAY OFF here.
Washington co. lost to undefeated Bardstown, Who would beat Belfry or Russell.
Washington co. also lost to Marion co., Who's only 2 district losses were to Boyle and Southwestern(2 pretty good teams). Yeah Boyle is down but Mercer still just beat them like 26-14. Washington's other loss was by 2 points to Desales. So the BOTTOM LINE is Washington co. is a hell of a lot better team than East Carter, Morgan,Powell,West and or Magoffin,Shelby V, Pike Central.
Your underselling Washington co. Look at their schedule and who beat them.
Russell played NOBODY ALL YEAR except for Ashland. Belfry has had a much harder road then Russell. Western is still in it to win it.
orisonspi Wrote:Sheldon Clark is 9-1... Washignton County until that point was 5-4... you may see it differently than me but I personally feel as if Sheldon Clark is on a completely different level than Washington, and most of the rankings feel the same way.
Bourbon in 97 wouldnt have had a chance in hell if it woudn't have been a mudhole every Friday night in the playoffs. Danville, Lex.cath, Boyle all smoked them reg. season. Sometimes rain and mud helps the lesser team by equaling the odds somewhat.
Teams with great speed like Western will struggle in 3 or 4 inches of mud. I don't care what you say, MANY GREAT TEAMS HAVE BEEN UPSET IN THE RAIN AND MUD and it can make a difference. Yeah, Well one of the great powerhouses fell but it's impossible to fall when you play East,West,Morgan,Powell,Lewis and so on. Beat somebody this season(aint about last season) Then you can talk. Russell has beat no-one this year.:redboxer:
Getum-Choppin Wrote::argue: Your WAY OFF here.
Washington co. lost to undefeated Bardstown, Who would beat Belfry or Russell.
Washington co. also lost to Marion co., Who's only 2 district losses were to Boyle and Southwestern(2 pretty good teams). Yeah Boyle is down but Mercer still just beat them like 26-14. Washington's other loss was by 2 points to Desales. So the BOTTOM LINE is Washington co. is a hell of a lot better team than East Carter, Morgan,Powell,West and or Magoffin,Shelby V, Pike Central.
Your underselling Washington co. Look at their schedule and who beat them.
Russell played NOBODY ALL YEAR except for Ashland. Belfry has had a much harder road then Russell. Western is still in it to win it.
:thumpsup:

Getum-Choppin Wrote:Yeah, Well one of the great powerhouses fell but it's impossible to fall when you play East,West,Morgan,Powell,Lewis and so on. Beat somebody this season(aint about last season) Then you can talk. Russell has beat no-one this year.:redboxer:

Remember this! Russell beat those same no ones last year on the road to the state championship. No one is saying that Russell will win but you can't rule them out just based on who they played this year.

Also if you remember all we heard about last year was Ft. Campbell. They were going to win it all. There was no one in the state that could play with them. As I recall they had a bad game and made an early exit in the playoffs.
congrats to WC
Midee1 Wrote:Remember this! Russell beat those same no ones last year on the road to the state championship. No one is saying that Russell will win but you can't rule them out just based on who they played this year.

Also if you remember all we heard about last year was Ft. Campbell. They were going to win it all. There was no one in the state that could play with them. As I recall they had a bad game and made an early exit in the playoffs.
Your right but Flemming had a heck of a team last year, Newport barely beat them like 15-13 in the 1st round. Morgan was pretty good too, made the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. East last year had like 12 seniors and the Phal kid who could fly plus they made it to the 2nd round. This is the weakest Russell's district has ever been. Flemming,East,Morgan were much stronger last year.
No it's not Russell's fault what dist. their in and Russell still has a hell of a team.
But the comp. level in the district this season could haunt them. You know as well as I do Western would have blown through Russell's dist. the same as Russell has this year. I think you could take even a Prestonsburg and without a doubt they'd be undefeated in that district this year. Russell is good, But their dist. is so weak It simply hasn't done them justice this season is my only point.