Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 Shelby Valley 6
good job belfry
maybe next week valley
you are ABSOLUTELY correct...Coach Haywood is the class act coach in which all others are judged
BelfryPride Wrote:I thought that was hilarious too, I needed a good laugh Smile

In all seriousness, Belfry will never intentionally run the score up on any opponent even though the oppurtunity presents itself on many occasions. There has been many times that Belfry could easily score 70+ if they wanted to, but Haywood would never let that happen and that is why the Belfry program is so well respected, Coach Haywood is a true class act.
basketball school they ONCE was??? Come on man, dont you remember them storming their court after they beat Jenkins by 4 (you know, Jenkins with their one winning season in the last 5 years)
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This may be the FUNNIEST POST I HAVE EVER WITNESSED ON BGR!!!!!! CLASSIC TIDESHOSS and the Laettner shot was classic because they probably do use that one as much of a basketball school "AS THEY ONCE WAS"! Just classic..BELFRY, WAY TO SHOW CLASS AND NOT RUN THIS ONE UP AS EVERYONE KNOWS YOU COULD HAVE DROPPED THE CENTURY-BOMB ON THEM!
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry....
Congrats Pirates!! I knew you would do it. Also want to say, "Great job!", to Charlie Dotson on the interception on the one yard line.
Congrats Pirates!! Way to go Seniors!!!
Did G Get any touchdowns?
Good job Belfry, and good try Shelby Valley.

So are both playoff games at Belfry this friday
NYY10 Wrote:Good job Belfry, and good try Shelby Valley.

So are both playoff games at Belfry this friday

I know #1 Belfry will host #4 Shelby Valley again and unless it has changed #2 Prestonsburg will host #3 Sheldon Clark.

Whoever wins between the Cats and the Cards goes to Belfry and the winner then will host Russell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I know #1 Belfry will host #4 Shelby Valley again and unless it has changed #2 Prestonsburg will host #3 Sheldon Clark.

Whoever wins between the Cats and the Cards goes to Belfry and the winner then will host Russell.

the winner of Belfry / SC or Pburg doesn't play Russell that week..
They have to play for the regional championship first..
which will likely be, Middlesboro or Breathitt Co...........
So whoever win between the Belfry vs. SC or Pburg game will host one
of the two the following week for the regional championship
I would like to say good job Belfry in the win. Thank you for playing right into our game plan. You think you are so much better than us now. we know what you are going to do FRiday night when the game matters. Not last night when nothing was rideing on it. We didnt show you everything we had either. all the same, good job on a win on a cold rainey night. Not a excuse for us not winning. I have to say some of the ones you all come up with was funny like the two blue jerseys and the last second shot.
You sure do know what Belfry is going to do Friday night...so does everyone else in the state of Kentucky...but the part you aren't getting is...you can do nothing about it...I sincerely HOPE that your post was "tongue in cheek" and you weren't being serious.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I would like to say good job Belfry in the win. Thank you for playing right into our game plan. You think you are so much better than us now. we know what you are going to do FRiday night when the game matters. Not last night when nothing was rideing on it. We didnt show you everything we had either. all the same, good job on a win on a cold rainey night. Not a excuse for us not winning. I have to say some of the ones you all come up with was funny like the two blue jerseys and the last second shot.
Wow.... simply...wow!

If Valley was really trying to hustle Belfry then they took it too far in the first half with the -2 rushing yards as a team and the whopping 1 first down.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I would like to say good job Belfry in the win. Thank you for playing right into our game plan. You think you are so much better than us now. we know what you are going to do FRiday night when the game matters. Not last night when nothing was rideing on it. We didnt show you everything we had either. all the same, good job on a win on a cold rainey night. Not a excuse for us not winning. I have to say some of the ones you all come up with was funny like the two blue jerseys and the last second shot.

Man, you guys just don't get it do ya?

I do applaud the confidence, but I'd really like to know where it comes from.

hey wildcat, i got it....
nothing wrong with a little humor..... in fact, maybe we should joke a little more often..... it'll keep you young!Smile

LoL.. funny stuff

If your serious Id hate to see what youd do for a joke.....Let's see,next week another thumping say 49-6 again....98-12 in two weeks.......makes that Phelps game not seem so bad......go piratesTongueirateSho TongueirateSho
I am not picking on any school or any poster or anything, but I sure think Wildcat has alot of pride and confidence in their schools football team for some reason. But a suggestion, maybe SV should wear their black jerseys I think I heard mentioned next weekend for luck..................
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
mrfootball03 Wrote:the winner of Belfry / SC or Pburg doesn't play Russell that week..
They have to play for the regional championship first..
which will likely be, Middlesboro or Breathitt Co...........
So whoever win between the Belfry vs. SC or Pburg game will host one
of the two the following week for the regional championship

I knew Iwas missing something.... , Thanks for catching it.....Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I would like to say good job Belfry in the win. Thank you for playing right into our game plan. You think you are so much better than us now. we know what you are going to do FRiday night when the game matters. Not last night when nothing was rideing on it. We didnt show you everything we had either.

So, Valley letting Belfry win last night was in your gameplan ???:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

Dude, what are you smoking...because it must be good....Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have to ask. Is Lovern the speedster Belfry will so sorely need next season?

Just on what I know, I would play this backfield next season, but I have only be able to attend 2 games this season: Lee - FB, May - TB, Hickman - TB

As I think all of us Pirates can agree, that makes for a good sized/powerful backfield. That said, it lacks big play speed. Does Lovern have that speed?
LovetheBucs Wrote:I have to ask. Is Lovern the speedster Belfry will so sorely need next season?

Just on what I know, I would play this backfield next season, but I have only be able to attend 2 games this season: Lee - FB, May - TB, Hickman - TB

As I think all of us Pirates can agree, that makes for a good sized/powerful backfield. That said, it lacks big play speed. Does Lovern have that speed?

Lovern is pretty quick and bound to get better.... Also, dont forget about Heath Varney, who is a power house. you will see him as a FB. IMO this young man could possibly be the next Doug Howard (as long as there are no more injuries).
PF4ever,

I have seen Heath, and I think the kid has some ability. I cannot agree that he has a future (considering he will be a senior) at fullback. Heath is around 160 lbs if I had to guess. He has made some nice plays on special teams this year and I honestly think he could have contributed more at DB or safety. I think he can contribute next year at TB, and I also think Haywood will certainly be hoping for fierce competition at that spot.

I guess I am looking for the "next big thing" in Lovern, perhaps unfairly. He wears #7 (ala Matt Maynard) and all indications seem to paint him the cream of the Freshman crop. I noticed this past week that the 2nd team backfield included him, Varney, and Lee. If the staff has other plans for Hickman, then albeit for me to question that. I just think the young man looked strong (if you ignore his fumbles) in the opener.

If I was betting, I would lay down 100 bucks on Haywood to keep May at FB next year, but with Lee growing into a 250/rock solid manchild, it will be difficult to not move May back to TB. So, I guess that leaves us with Hickman, Varney, and Lovern battling for ONE spot. Of course, unless I'm overrated Lee. Which leaves FB - May, Hickman, Varney, Lovern fighting for two spots.

I am getting way too into NEXT season. I know we have a run to make. Sometimes I tend to be too forward thinking.

Still, anyone who has an opinion, let it be heard.
for the first time in my life...i honestly cant comment on this. Un-freakin-believable.
piratefan_4ever Wrote:Lovern is pretty quick and bound to get better.... Also, dont forget about Heath Varney, who is a power house. you will see him as a FB. IMO this young man could possibly be the next Doug Howard (as long as there are no more injuries).

You gotta be kiddin' me!!!!

Are u sure you aren't from Shelby Valley?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:for the first time in my life...i honestly cant comment on this. Un-freakin-believable.

Im gonna have to agree with you on that. Dude Svwildcat is really making us look like a bunch of idiots.

Just wanan send my prayers out to my little cuz Tyler Cable who has knee surgery on tuesday. Hope everything goes well bub. LOL he thinks he's skipping surgery on Tuesday so he can play, next friday. He was on crutches at the game and the kid even brought his stuff(shoulder pads and all)hoping coach would let him play.
On another note, just to prove a point on why so many of the fans support our schjool so much. A few of the upperclass men cheerleaders started a wait til basketball season chant for the wildcats. Which then prompted Cable to turn around and say "this is friggin football season! If you aint gonna cheer for us we don't want you here!" Praise is given to the sophmore and freshmen cheerleaders who stayed the whole game to cheer for the Cats.

And to quote Coach Saunders after the game. "We was just in over our heads." "We plan to keep Belfry on the schedule, because we want to be like belfry." Man has more class than what most people think. I woulda loved to had him as a coach.
Okay, I wasn't at the game because I was out of town, but if some of the upperclass cheerleaders left the game before it was over, they need to be kicked off the squad, that is just a freaking disgrace and someone should show them what respect is, them boys get out there every day and work their butts off, and the people who are always supposed to cheer them on, leave. Has the cheer coach lost her mind? On another note, if this really didn't happen, well then good, I'm glad to see they gave their support, but if it did, I don't think I've seen anything worse.
man, its no secret im a Jenkins fan, and I live between the Valley and Pikeville fanbase, but its not the players I have a problem with, its that most of the fans I have spoken with are like this guy...but thoughts and prayers will be with your cousin, most definitely...and as for the cheerleaders (did you say, male cheerleaders? That explains it all), well, if I was running that athletic department, you'd be short Junior and Senior cheerleaders the rest of the school year, because just the same in athletics, once you quit, youve quit pal. And one more thing Valley fans, better enjoy this football season, because Ive got a feeling your basketball season isnt going to be one bit better.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Im gonna have to agree with you on that. Dude Svwildcat is really making us look like a bunch of idiots.

Just wanan send my prayers out to my little cuz Tyler Cable who has knee surgery on tuesday. Hope everything goes well bub. LOL he thinks he's skipping surgery on Tuesday so he can play, next friday. He was on crutches at the game and the kid even brought his stuff(shoulder pads and all)hoping coach would let him play.
On another note, just to prove a point on why so many of the fans support our schjool so much. A few of the upperclass men cheerleaders started a wait til basketball season chant for the wildcats. Which then prompted Cable to turn around and say "this is friggin football season! If you aint gonna cheer for us we don't want you here!" Praise is given to the sophmore and freshmen cheerleaders who stayed the whole game to cheer for the Cats.

And to quote Coach Saunders after the game. "We was just in over our heads." "We plan to keep Belfry on the schedule, because we want to be like belfry." Man has more class than what most people think. I woulda loved to had him as a coach.
Wishing your cuz luck in his surgery Pillsbury. That is a bad thing for any kid to have done.

As far as the cheerleaders chanting the basketball thing on the field. I dont blame the players, I would have told them to leave also. Maybe your coach can keep the ones that left early from cheering in the playoffs?? The blame for that doesnt just fall on the cheerleaders though. What did the cheer sponser do or say to them?

My hats off for coming on here and saying you was just beat. No excuses or anything. That is a rather refreshing thing to hear on here. Congrats to Belfry on the win. Valley, just go back next Friday and give it all you got because it could be the last game of the year for you. Underclassmen, give it all you got because it could be the last game for your seniors. Good luck to both teams and hope the game goes injury free for both teams.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.