Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Jon Thornsberry #13
Jon Jon was a baseball player from South Floyd that was killed in action yesterday in Iraq. He played for us four years and never did I hear him complain about anything. He was a hard worker that gave everything he had to get better. He loved the game for what it was and although not as gifted as alot of kids are he felt like he was as good as any. Small in size at about 130 lbs(catcher) but a big heart. I hope many around the Eastern Kentucky area appreciate the sacrifice that so many are making for our freedom. A person doesn't have to agree with why we are fighting this war but I think for the soldiers that have given everything, they deserve more than a spot on the map of Iraq where they died. Number 13 will not be worn again at South Floyd in baseball and even though that is just a number I will not consider Jon Jon to be. He leaves a wife and child and many friends. Please pray for Jon Jon's family.
Very sad news to hear, He was a great guy. Been a rough week for South Floyd with Jon Jon passing and earlier this week news of former SF teacher Bud Reynolds passing over the weekend. The families and SF community is in my prayers.
Prayers out for the family of Jon Jon and Bud...