Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Sheldon Clark 9/12/14
Pikeville, coming off three LARGE wins, travels Route 23 to Inez Friday night to face the 3A Sheldon Clark Cardinals, fresh off a thumping of Betsy Layne where the Cardinals lit up the scoreboard with 59 points. Is this a trap game for Pikeville, possibly looking ahead to Belfry next week?
Live Maroon Wrote:Pikeville, coming off three LARGE wins, travels Route 23 to Inez Friday night to face the 3A Sheldon Clark Cardinals, fresh off a thumping of Betsy Layne where the Cardinals lit up the scoreboard with 59 points. Is this a trap game for Pikeville, possibly looking ahead to Belfry next week?
Learned their lessons about trap games with the Paintsville game last year. They will be focused. Team of young men on a mission.
not a trap, Pikeville has eyes on much larger target. Team seems focused on more important mission.
This one gets ugly... quick.

Pikeville.... BIG!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Sheldon Clark got a much needed win last week, but Pikeville may be a little to big of a task, but even if SC can keep it close it could build a ton of momentum for the district schedule. I think Pikeville runs away with it, but I have been wrong before. Good luck to both.

Pikeville: 49
Sheldon Clark: 14
This game will be a running clock early on. Pikeville just has too much for the Cardinals.
Pikeville
Pikeville will remain focused, one game at a time!
Pikeville big.
This Pikeville team is certainly focused early. Pikeville wins big in this one and may be another running clock. no disrespect towards SC, just Pikeville with too much fire power, and a fast, swarming defense. Panthers on a mission.
Knowing P-burg and Pikeville are roughly equivalent (this early, at least) and how poorly the Cards looked against the Blackcats...

This outcome will tell us whether SC dramatically improved vs. Betsy Layne, or Betsy Layne has indeed fallen off the rebuilding ledge this year.

:popcorn:
Pikeville - 55

Sheldon Clark - 13
Does losing Hager (rumor from another thread) cause an implosion at Sheldon Clark? I already had Pikeville winning by bigguns, but if the rumor is true.... I'm calling possibility of the entire second half being running clock with the JV in and still scoring.
PHSForever Wrote:Does losing Hager (rumor from another thread) cause an implosion at Sheldon Clark? I already had Pikeville winning by bigguns, but if the rumor is true.... I'm calling possibility of the entire second half being running clock with the JV in and still scoring.

If the game is played at all. Rumor I was told was that players and coaches will walk. Seems like a lot of contract buyouts if true. Smart financial move from a county already suffering economically.
Pikeville - 55
Sheldon Clark - 13
Pikeville by as much as they want .
If they play this game, new revelations lead me to believe that Sheldon Clark will be absolutely decimated by Pikeville.

Do kids at Sheldon Clark have the ability to transfer schools this far into the season? If rumors are true and players are that unhappy could this be a death nail to SC football?
hager is back ,the kids and parents was and are behind him ,im sure the kids will play hard and im sure he will coach hard. this is a small thing in a big world.things only bring you down if you let it .sc 21 Pikeville 13.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:If they play this game, new revelations lead me to believe that Sheldon Clark will be absolutely decimated by Pikeville.

Do kids at Sheldon Clark have the ability to transfer schools this far into the season? If rumors are true and players are that unhappy could this be a death nail to SC football?

Yes... Yes it could be!!!

However, I don't think it will be the case.

There is some serious money in Martin County. I'd say Mr. Booth would put up some money for the best locker room/weight room in the state. And yes, he has the funds to do so.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Glad to hear Hager is back. Shows he has the support of his team and the community.
The Community was tested this week and they pulled together and prevailed over there in Martin County. Hats off to them for that. I've got a feeling Pikeville will be facing a very fired up football team and crowd Friday night because of that. My Panthers better come ready to play, which is always the case when you play SC at their place but even more so now. Hail Pikeville and don't forget to giggle the handle....that last part was a friendly reminder from Martin County Superintendent Bernard Fife....;p
Sheldon Clark will be fired up for this one to honor their Coach. Cards win by 6!
SC will be fired up, but I dont think it will last long. Pugh gets going early, but I think this is the game that Estep breaks loose for 150 or so recieving and a few scores.

Panthers 54
Cardinals 12
SC can be fired up all they want, they're not going to slow the Pikeville offense down.

Pikeville 49
SC 14
Go Sheldon Clark
The Panthers are to much for the Cards.
Pikeville wins this one and picks the score!
Anyone have score?
Red Bird Wrote:Anyone have score?
Pikeville up 29-6 in 2nd qtr last update I had about 15 mins ago
36-12 Panthers. Estepp runs a Cardinal kickoff back 72 yards.
Sheldon Clark has one of the best rb anywhere in the name of Brandon Butcher. Only a jr.? This kid was very hard to stop all night long , especially in the first half before the Panthers made adjustments. Either SC was playing inspired football, or they're a better team than everyone thought. Old school style that loves to run it down your throat. Easy to see they're a team on the rise again. Good luck SC the rest of the way.