Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 42 Pike Central 14
Williamsburg defense was just too much
Good showing by the Jackets.
Running clock in Williamsburg when the score was 35-0 in the 1st qtr..not kidding this is the best Defense in 1A in the east....
I think it was 42-14...Wburg up 42-0 at the half, JV played the entire second Half...Any questions...
It was nice to meet a fellow BGR member from PCC...
Williamsburg has improved every game they have played they are truly getting real good, I would be hard pressed to say which unit has improved the most. Good luck to Pike Central and we hope you all didn't get any one hurt.
Statement win Wburg.

Maybe the #2 ranking in 1A is warranted? Hmmmm........
Expected much closer game. Played much better this week.
Williamsburg proved tonight they are the real deal by easily beating a very good 3A team in a game that was over by half time.it surprised me that they shut the high powered Pike Central offense out in the first half. Williamsburg has a very tough defense that could have them back in Bowling Green.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Statement win Wburg.

Maybe the #2 ranking in 1A is warranted? Hmmmm........

I never knew it wasn't warranted....

The addition of Massey made it a lock. WHEN Wburg makes it to Bowling Green again this year, it will not be another blowout.
Williamsburg was aggressive early in this one. Pike Central tried double teaming Austin Huskey at defensive end, but he was still getting to the quarterback. Williamsburg's depth seems to be better this year. They seem to be constantly running players in and out of the game both offensively and defensively.
Justice spent the whole night getting run over. PC was unable to block Williamsburg off the edges tonight. Huskey was a terror.
Campbellsville won big again. The Eagles are coming.
Skyler Griffith is a man amongst boys...plane and simple!!
The Pretender Wrote:Skyler Griffith is a man amongst boys...plane and simple!!

Skyler Giffith stay healthy Williamsburg run the table he maybe the quickest Qb in 1A this team is special.....:worthy:
You gotta play someone to know where you stand.
^
In all fairness, PCC is a decent 3A team, and to many a top ten 3A team that would play with the likes of a Tilghman. They spread the ball out and have one of the best QB's in Eastern Kentucky and Wburg made them look foolish tonight.

As I said earlier, Massey is the difference. He was that last little bit of star power they needed. I still think Mayfield is the obvious favorite, but it wont be a complete embarrassment like it was last year. Wburg will not be tested in the East.
Good win
I think the only team in the east that can give Williamsburg a game is Pikeville and I don't think they even have enough to do it.
Good Lord. Well, that's a wake up call. Belfry must be licking the chops at this result...
Diogenes Wrote:Good Lord. Well, that's a wake up call. Belfry must be licking the chops at this result...

Trolls :Shaking:
Diogenes Wrote:Good Lord. Well, that's a wake up call. Belfry must be licking the chops at this result...
Really?? Never was worried about PCC.
skully03 Wrote:Really?? Never was worried about PCC.

Sooner or Later attitude like that will get you very disappointed. Will Belfry beat PCC or LC even SC and them down? More than likely but sooner or later it will happen and when you least expect it. Maybe not this year but it is going to happen!
KyRock Wrote:Sooner or Later attitude like that will get you very disappointed. Will Belfry beat PCC or LC even SC and them down? More than likely but sooner or later it will happen and when you least expect it. Maybe not this year but it is going to happen!

You are right, but we are not living in the future...We weren't and aren't worried about PCC, Southwestern is next and that is all we are worried about.
Belfry will manhandle Pike Central upfront.
I drove a long way to watch the Hawks...very disappointed. I didn't expect a win but thought they would compete, especially offensively.
mysonis55 Wrote:You gotta play someone to know where you stand.

they played somebody last night.sober up and snap back to reality.:yawn:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think the only team in the east that can give Williamsburg a game is Pikeville and I don't think they even have enough to do it.

I think it will come down to Williamsburg/Pikeville too.
Cover3 Wrote:I drove a long way to watch the Hawks...very disappointed. I didn't expect a win but thought they would compete, especially offensively.

I couldn't believe Williamsburg shut them down. their defense must be even better than advertized.
Keep living in that dream world. The west rep will show what strength of schedule means once at BG.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
In all fairness, PCC is a decent 3A team, and to many a top ten 3A team that would play with the likes of a Tilghman. They spread the ball out and have one of the best QB's in Eastern Kentucky and Wburg made them look foolish tonight.

As I said earlier, Massey is the difference. He was that last little bit of star power they needed. I still think Mayfield is the obvious favorite, but it wont be a complete embarrassment like it was last year. Wburg will not be tested in the East.

I don't know who got embarrassed last year , I sure didn't. We lost to A team that was better than we were.