Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 44 South Laurel 6
Terrible game I don't usually talk bad about coaches, so I want now.
I really didn't think south had a coach...
Best game in this area would be if south played Lynn Camp..
Neither of them has much hope of winning a game this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats to Williamsburg, keep focused on the task at hand and you will be back in bowling green come December!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
It would be amazing what a man could do at South if he knew his stuff and was left alone to do what he wanted to.
I GUARANTEE you I could coach at South Laurel, with 1300 kids, and produce a competitive team every year. Anybody could.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they stay on this track, but when do they change?
SL looks like they have taken a step backwards. I was hoping to see some improvement.
I don't know who coaching south laurel but when you're on 12 yard line and its 4th down an 32 you PUNT THE BALL.This happen about 6 out of 7 time. I Don't understand what you are telling team if you never PUNT....:igiveup:
Why schedule them? Again, it's the marshmallow killers.
mysonis55 Wrote:Why schedule them? Again, it's the marshmallow killers.

It was a bowl game. You just don't forfeit last year we play north laurel and lost.Know reason why south laurel the cross road of the UNITED STATES from north to south and west to east not to have a good team....Just sayin. :Sad04:
Even a bad 5a school should at least be competitive against a 1a school.
That's not true. We have a 6a over here that every year we put up a running clock on or come real close. Some schools have kids that just don't like football and concentrate on the other two sports. That same school is almost always in the running for the regional title in bball.
mysonis55 Wrote:Why schedule them? Again, it's the marshmallow killers.

55 you really don't understand, this was A bowl situation where the local bank sponsored the bowl and it was A 2 year contract, with 4 teams, North Laurel, Wayne County, South Laurel, and Williamsburg. Last year Williamsburg played North Laurel, Wayne played South Laurel, this Year Williamsburg played South Laurel and North Laurel started to play Wayne. They were rained out and will finish that game Monday night. We didn't anticipate the strength of South Laurel one way or the other, actually Coach Rymer had them on the way up. he was hired to be the new coach at University of the Cumberlands and South Laurel under this new coach is bad really bad. they couldn't beat our JV team so actually they are not on our schedule for next year.
The officals stunk so badly you could smell them out on the Daniel Boon Parkway. They looked like A Monkey trying to have sex with A football. I think they were trying to have make up calls and got confused on who would get one next, honestly I don't know who came out on the best end of the deal but it was awfull, They didn't even know the rules. I think they should have been charged with impersonating officals.
64SUR Wrote:I don't know who coaching south laurel but when you're on 12 yard line and its 4th down an 32 you PUNT THE BALL.This happen about 6 out of 7 time. I Don't understand what you are telling team if you never PUNT....:igiveup:

you are telling them not to punt Confusednicker:
topnotch Wrote:The officals stunk so badly you could smell them out on the Daniel Boon Parkway. They looked like A Monkey trying to have sex with A football. I think they were trying to have make up calls and got confused on who would get one next, honestly I don't know who came out on the best end of the deal but it was awfull, They didn't even know the rules. I think they should have been charged with impersonating officals.

must have been the same crew that was in Williamsburg friday night.
topnotch Wrote:55 you really don't understand, this was A bowl situation where the local bank sponsored the bowl and it was A 2 year contract, with 4 teams, North Laurel, Wayne County, South Laurel, and Williamsburg. Last year Williamsburg played North Laurel, Wayne played South Laurel, this Year Williamsburg played South Laurel and North Laurel started to play Wayne. They were rained out and will finish that game Monday night. We didn't anticipate the strength of South Laurel one way or the other, actually Coach Rymer had them on the way up. he was hired to be the new coach at University of the Cumberlands and South Laurel under this new coach is bad really bad. they couldn't beat our JV team so actually they are not on our schedule for next year.

get together with Whitley County and start a big annual bowl game like William Whitley bowl back up.
How can you say Rymer had South on the way up when he had only 3 or 4 total wins in the years that he was there?? He had kids with better talent and more game experience and still lost. The kids that are on the team now are mostly freshmen and sophomores. The school didn't find a coach right away, so the players didn't get a chance to practice or study the playbook, am I right?

Now about the game....South started out very slow with penalties and the ball not moving down the field. Williamsburg was playing 9 in the box and blitzed on almost every down. Wburg's DE couldn't be stopped coming off the edge (def. MVP). Then you have Wburgs QB...do I need to say more. He was completing passes hand over fist. His receivers were making catches on the run, laying out and at the highest point when they had a DB on them and that was most of the time. Williamsburg looked like they will play for another state championship.

South IMO looks like they are a young inexperienced team that should improve this year. People need to back off the coaches, they too look young themselves. I hope South can get their program back to what it was 25 - 30 yrs ago.
redhound93 Wrote:How can you say Rymer had South on the way up when he had only 3 or 4 total wins in the years that he was there?? He had kids with better talent and more game experience and still lost. The kids that are on the team now are mostly freshmen and sophomores. The school didn't find a coach right away, so the players didn't get a chance to practice or study the playbook, am I right?

Now about the game....South started out very slow with penalties and the ball not moving down the field. Williamsburg was playing 9 in the box and blitzed on almost every down. Wburg's DE couldn't be stopped coming off the edge (def. MVP). Then you have Wburgs QB...do I need to say more. He was completing passes hand over fist. His receivers were making catches on the run, laying out and at the highest point when they had a DB on them and that was most of the time. Williamsburg looked like they will play for another state championship.

South IMO looks like they are a young inexperienced team that should improve this year. People need to back off the coaches, they too look young themselves. I hope South can get their program back to what it was 25 - 30 yrs ago.

:bball: . Do I need to say more?
I don't care what you think of the coaches or the fans however, If your coaches don't change some basic, fundemental football, they can stay there for the next 35 years and I don't care what kind of kid comes out for the team, IT WAN"T WORK. Teams can be winless and beat no one, and be fundamentally sound and have A bright future. On the other hand if you are with out fundementals you can not grow into anything.
mysonis55 Wrote:That's not true. We have a 6a over here that every year we put up a running clock on or come real close. Some schools have kids that just don't like football and concentrate on the other two sports. That same school is almost always in the running for the regional title in bball.

You missed one word " SHOULD"
redhound93 Wrote:How can you say Rymer had South on the way up when he had only 3 or 4 total wins in the years that he was there?? He had kids with better talent and more game experience and still lost. The kids that are on the team now are mostly freshmen and sophomores. The school didn't find a coach right away, so the players didn't get a chance to practice or study the playbook, am I right?

I saw South a couple times last year, and they at least looked like a football team. I'm not sure you can say that right now.
rhymer was the coach for one season won 3 games last year and was fairly competitive. south has won 5 games over the last 4 years. 3 was under rhymer 2010 0-10, 2011 had a decent year and was competitive 5-6, 2012 1-9, 2013 3-7, 2014 probably 0-10
insideinfo Wrote:I saw South a couple times last year, and they at least looked like a football team. I'm not sure you can say that right now.

I guess my comments about the SL coaches weren't so off base, yet I got crushed by everyone. It's the kids who will suffer.
Wburg will have little trouble this year leading into the playoffs.
insideinfo Wrote:I saw South a couple times last year, and they at least looked like a football team. I'm not sure you can say that right now.

They sure weren't playing basketball Saturday, last time I checked. Even though South may not be playing good football right now its still FOOTBALL.
64SUR Wrote:It was a bowl game. You just don't forfeit last year we play north laurel and lost.Know reason why south laurel the cross road of the UNITED STATES from north to south and west to east not to have a good team....Just sayin. :Sad04:

London and Laurel County are actually the "Crossroads to Adventure."